Sith

Prev1
Hi all,

So- it seems likely that February will be a month of all things Sith. Seems for the time I've been playing they've not got a lot of love. From my impressions - they seem sturdy but not really that good at high-level Arena and most certainly not meta.

So, your thoughts, if you will - do you use Sith? Do you rate them? Where particualrly in the game do you use them? If you're not a fan then why not?

Probably on a very basic level - who do we think are the most useful Sith characters and who do we think are the least?

Looking foward to reading everyone's answers!

Replies

• Options
    Hi all,

So- it seems likely that February will be a month of all things Sith. Seems for the time I've been playing they've not got a lot of love. From my impressions - they seem sturdy but not really that good at high-level Arena and most certainly not meta.

So, your thoughts, if you will - do you use Sith? Do you rate them? Where particualrly in the game do you use them? If you're not a fan then why not?

Probably on a very basic level - who do we think are the most useful Sith characters and who do we think are the least?

Looking foward to reading everyone's answers!

Hi :)
    As you said, sith aren't meta.
    But that doesn't make them bad or unloved.
    And unuseful definetly not. You can use nearly every of them. It only depends on the team.
    Especially for TW a ZMaul lead team for example is really useful on defense. And they can be effective against Nightsisters
  • Options
    Do i use them?? No.
    How do i rate them?? Currently above average to good, depending on lineup.
    Only use couple as pilots, some of them also in my teams in DS TB.
    Cant say im a fan, but i also dont dislike them completely.
    zMaul as leader, Nihilus as a plug'n'play character in many teams, zVader in Rancor raid, zSavage in Haat raid
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Pacyn4life wrote: »
    Do i use them?? No.
    How do i rate them?? Currently above average to good, depending on lineup.
    Only use couple as pilots, some of them also in my teams in DS TB.
    Cant say im a fan, but i also dont dislike them completely.
    zMaul as leader, Nihilus as a plug'n'play character in many teams, zVader in Rancor raid, zSavage in Haat raid

This is a great summary of them in the current state.
  • Options
    There is a time when i want to build full sith team (zmaul era). But unfortunately i already have strong rex who save me from empire heavy debuff era. After i fight several battle with zmaul, i've decide to save my resource and keep using rex.

Yes, i use them but partially. Nihilus as plug n play char, maul n his scimitar as fleet reinforcement. Palpi as TB lead (rather than zeta vader). Sometimes in GW just for fun.

I'm in neutral.. i don't like or hate them. But base on usability in the current state of the game, imo they're mediocre.

I would like a boost for sith, to give something different in the game, to be light n dark equal, not lightside bias. Personally, i want my sith chars can do something rather than collecting dust :smile:
  • Options
    They used to be meta before R2 ruined Mauls lead. There are some very good characters but they need a new leader.
  • Options
    they have great kits but stayed behind because of stats. the ridiculous power creep killed them. (and R2, that obviously helped the stats of the his allies)
    i mean, look at that. Palpatine : AoE stun, Shock, gaining TM, and very powerful leader ability. his problem ? his damage is too weak, he's too squishy, and he's not fast enough. his kit, overall, is amazing, and very useful, shock, stun, TM gain, bonuses for Hp and potency ? sign me up! but too low stats.
    its not only "Sith" problem - look at plo koon. he's way ahead of his time... he have anti-stealth synergy, dispels, buffing and giving TM. but when he was released ? where we had no protection in this game even. he couldn't fit in a meta of glass cannons at all, it was all about speed and damage, and not utility. when the game did required some utility, plo was so behind in stats, that he couldnt be useful. So palp are in "good shape" compared to others, lol.
    Maul suffers the same - very slow, very squishy - with amazing Leader ability (even vs R2) and crazy unique. AoE daze that can help counter ANY meta team currently. but stats deny him from doing so.
    DN need to be hidden to be effective. its hard without Sith team, he supports them best... its the same with SithTrooper. without lot of siths around him, he's not a big deal. SA lacks unique, badly. great 2 specials, great synergy with stealth, but need a unique that will give him SOMETHING.
    but i think the biggest example are Vader and Sidious. both described as attackers, but lack serious damage. Sidious, especially with zeta, have some cool things - evasion, heal, tm gain, potency bonus... but his damage is so weak that he's irrelevant. vader the same - he's tanky, but all of his mechanics are completely outdated - DoTs are useless in PvP, his basic is sad, and his saber toss is useless without the DoTs. a good unique with a huge buff on basic will be able to change it.
    if i need to rank them (if Z / L in name, they need the zeta or Leader spot for this rank): DN , Zaul L , Zavage, Palpatine, SA , SithTrooper, Zader L, Zooku, zSidious.
  • Options
    There are not many Sith with uniques so typically you zeta a leader. Then that zeta is lost in a Sith team if that character is not the leader, i.e., choose between zMaul or zVader. This is definitely a downer as they can be great pieces. The more successful Sith share labels with Empire, I believe. And one of the most powerful Sith doesn't have a zeta, what??? (EP)

Otherwise for arena, they can be useful in a hybrid team, i.e., different factions (empire, etc.). My arena is team is that (zVader (lead...yeah who does that? lol), zCLS, zR2, Thrawn, Tarkin). I used to have EP in there but notice it's Rebel/Empire. I would like more love for the Sith and if EP gets a zeta...

They do make a big impact in many areas of the game:
    Fleet (great ships) - TFP, DV, Maul, FOTP (capital) -Chimaera, Executrix
    Rancor (zVader teams)
    HAAT p3
    TB/TW
    as I mention above, blend for arena

Sadly they are not doing well as all Sith in arena.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Only 2/5 of those great ships you mentioned are Sith.
  • Options
    All really interesting posts, thanks to all for contributing. The answers were as I was expecting...but not wnhat I wanted.

I guess I was deciding whether to go for an Imperial Trooper or Sith team next. I think it's been answered for me. Which is a shame...

tiewt1m1ep9s.png
  • Options
    @Huatimus , yes thanks for correction. All the more that SITH need help.
  • Options
    I started this game at launch and started sith then. They’re not meta but if you’re smart can still be competitive. I started my arena at 12,000 and now I float around <200. Sith teams rely heavily on zetas. zMaul, zSavage, EP, zNihilus, and either zVader or zSidious fill my arena team.
    HAAT can utilize sith in many parts. Zavage can Solo P1 & P3 with some good damage. Zader lead for P2 and P4 brings some terrific damage.
    Rancor raid is easily solo’d with Zader, Zidious, nihilus, TFP, & Rex.

LETS RATE THEM. Opinions are mine and mine alone, your experience may differ.

1. Vader. With his zeta he’s really invaluable for raids (I wish he was my first zeta honestly).
    2. Maul. Once I got maul (My first zeta) I cleared LS battles so fast. Best sith arena leader, counter to crit reliant teams, applies daze (great against FO). Forget about Jedi teams because he’ll just Solo them.
    3. Darth Nihilus. Super versatile toon, put him in any team and annihilate. Adds plenty of dmg to raid teams and will reduce cooldowns to slow your arena opponents. He’s my weapon against CLS.
    4. Emperor Palpatine. What can I say? Ruler of the galactic empire, played a whole galaxy like a muppet for 80 years. Phase 3 HAAT Chirpatine is the best damage I’ve got from any team there.
    5. Savage. All I can say is if he doesn’t have his zeta he’s not good. But once he does, WOW, just try and kill him 1v1 you can’t. Self and random sith cleanse, self healer, massive damage special attack that grants more buffs.
    6. Sidious. He’s not quite a glass cannon, maybe glass shotgun. AOE applies dots and expose, gains TM and health when anyone dies. I use him when I’m using Vader. Zeta doubles his tiny health pool with some other benefits.
    7. Dooku. Dooku is solid, he can stun, shock, and ability block. Pretty much always counters, under a nihilus lead he’s crazy! No zeta needed.
    8. Sith assasin. She’s cool, her basic ignores protection. Pair her with savage and you’ve got a instakill team. She’s soft but keep her stealthed and you’re fine.
    9. Sith trooper. Solid tank, he’s got a passive taunt, ignores protection on hits. Special ability grants protection for each rebuffed enemy.
  • Options
    I think most of us loves either sith or jedi... Dont know why all they give us to play arena and raids are rebels and resistance xD
    Yes, u can use sith in raids with good results, after a lot of effort gearing/modding the correct toons... But u just have to run a single CLS to solo rancor anyway instead of a whole Zader team... U can also do awesome damage with diferent DS setups in HAAT, but u need like 10 developed characters to do so, while with CLS/Han u can clear P1 in 15 min, then retreat CLS and jut solo 50%P2, P3 and P4 with resistance
    U not only need less developed characters, also u use for this raids toons who also rules in arena... So its a win win T_T

I would love to be able to play arena with sith/empire (even jedi) with same succes than rebels/resistance!!!
  • Options
    I started a second account a couple weeks ago, and decided early (or rather, had it decided for me when I got Nihilus in a chromium) that I would focus mainly on sith.

I'm not very far along though. I only have Dooku, DN and Sidious, but I'm one shard from Vader and I've been buying Maul shards whenever they show up in the guild store.

My hope is that there's a push on sith in events this month as it's rumoured, and that they become a more competitive faction because I'd really like my new account to actually be viable once I get it up and running.
  • Options
    Honestly I feel like they're just a few tweaks away from being much more competitive. I made a wish list of tweaks below, but if they just addressed the general low damage output issue as a whole for Sith that would probably be enough.
    • EP - add a Zeta that maybe grants turn meter gain to sith too and health steal to empire too. I actually don't think he needs a damage boost, 10k special damage + shock on his standard is pretty good already. I wouldn't complain if he got a damage boost to his AOE though.
    • Vader - needs a damage boost on standard attack
    • Assassin - needs some more health and protection
    • trooper - needs a damage boost (yes he can shoot through protection, but when he only lands 2k or less per shot, it's basically worthless)
    • dooku - needs a damage boost and a more health/protection
    • Maul - needs more base speed, i'm ok w/ his survivability at g12 as long as he would get a speed boost
    • Savage - I feel like savage needs an extra ability. his survivability and damage are pretty good, and he gains turn meter already, but only having 1 standard attack and 1 special feels archaic compared to some of the toons that have like 6 abilities now
    • Nihilus - I think he's good as is, it would be nice if using annihilate fully replenished health though (isn't that the point?)
    • Sidious - needs a moderate damage boost. and like Savage, would be nice if he had another ability

• Options
    EP has a solid kit but is made of glass. In addition to low prot/hp his armor is the lowest in the game. Any rework has to address that.
  • Options

I'll only be responding for Sith I've used regularly: My Maul is G8 and lvl 60, he's too slow for my liking and doesn't fit with how I saw him in the movies. SiT I haven't unlocked. My SA is on the backburner @lvl 60 and g9. Focusing elsewhere, right now. All below are G10 unless otherwise noted.

I adore my Sith! Palpatine has fun mechanics: You put shock on someone and it acts as buff immunity, healing immunity, it keeps GMYoda from spreading buffs, it probably makes fingers tingle, and it feeds him TM. He dies easily (mine is around 40k total survivability), but his gleeful laugh when he steals health from everyone kind of makes that okay in GW. I really want to try him with probe droid, but haven't unlocked IPD, yet. If Tenacity Up is present, then his leader ability is nullified. With enough speed, he is 9/10 fun in raids and GW. Arena: 4/10 for debuff and anti-rebel fun. Just too squishy.

Nihilus fits into many different teams. I don't like his lead (see Savage below), but as support he can round a team out. Dispel on basic is nice, and it hits for more than Dooku. The AoE will get him killed if he isn't hidden behind tanks in arena, though. Racing towards Annihilate in arena can be exciting, but utterly devastating if he gets killed beforehand: That's one of the main reasons he's even around. Without speed he's a slug. In GW, hide him behind a tank and use him to take out a particularly rough node. In arena, be very careful to not AoE without that tank. Otherwise, he has a very large protection pool, even at 4* and G10.

Good ol' Savage is my favorite Sith toon in-game. He's easy to gear, and will probably be my first G12 because of this. His health/prot pool is respectable, it's easy to get him to >30% crit chance, and with proper mods (offense if Nihi-led) can get over 3k physical damage. With zeta, he becomes his own tank. Healing immunity and Boba are his #1 enemy, kill them before they kill you in arena. Vader's execute is not a problem: It only regards debuffs. Zavage survives Wiggs hits, sometimes without prot if he's spread enough offense down around. Get his speed up and with his TM gains on damage-taken he takes a ridiculous amount of turns. I don't like using him under Nihilus-lead because his HoT's are one of his greatest strengths. I prefer using him over Zylo in P1 HAAT because he gets 3 chances to escape before enrage to Kylo's 1/2; helpful if RNG screws you over. Savage's zeta is a quick way to boost your arena ranking, and properly modded he'll keep you afloat for awhile in the <400 Ranking. Once GK/CLS/JTR start showing up in your shard, it'll be hard to break top 100 with him: His kit is just too simple to compete without the right team around him.

Dooku I think of like a mosquito. He hits with low damage, but he hits a lot. And is very fast when modded correctly. His animation makes me think of that mosquito, annoying those it bites, spreading itchy debuffs. He debuffs regularly for the lulz, but don't use him for anything other than utility. Haven't zeta'd him, probably never will. See Vader's movie line below: It applies here as well.

Vader I don't have zeta'd and is my biggest disappointment. Damage is mediocre, speed is terrible, kit is sad now that dots aren't arena viable. I really like DV from the movies, but this toon is not that character. Health pool is alright. Makes for some fun in GW. Really hoping for a rework.

Nihilus can do all things: GW, Raids, Arena, TW, though there can be better toons for all of that.
    Vader's day is done without a rework.
    EP can help boost your arena team initially, but is too squishy to stay in higher ranks.
    Savage + zeta is happiness.
    I'm sure SA and SiT can be awesome, but I don't have enough EXP with them to comment.
    All else is gravy.

I guess I was deciding whether to go for an Imperial Trooper or Sith team next. I think it's been answered for me. Which is a shame...

For what purpose? IT's will get you Imperial PD and can do well in arena under Thrawn. Sith might get a rework this month! We'll see. Hope this helps!

• Options
    CampCosmos wrote: »
    For what purpose?

Just for kicks really, while I wait around to get CLS.

Thanks to you all for you great contributions.

• Options
    CampCosmos wrote: »
    Dooku I think of like a mosquito. He hits with low damage, but he hits a lot. And is very fast when modded correctly. His animation makes me think of that mosquito, annoying those it bites, spreading itchy debuffs.

Ha! that's the perfect analogy. I used my Zaul team against a DN(L) team in TW and it came down to my Zavage vs his dooku in the end and it resulted in a timeout. Dooku couldn't do enough damage to Zavage before self heal, and every time Zavage attacked, dooku countered and regained all the health back from double countering and 150% regen. I just couldn't swat him away... It lasted for a good 3 minutes like that. I was shocked that RNG didn't result in 1 decisive blow in all that time one way or the other.
  • Options
    Dooku should've won. :p
  • Options
    It's funny, Savage was the first character I farmed out of Arena store ... turns out he was just not worth it at the time. But when the Sith era rose, I was preoccupied with other projects and never did get back to them. These days I am finally starting to gear up the Sith a bit.

I use them in GW with Nihilus lead typically. Running SiTrooper, Sass, Savage, Maul/Dooku, just to get to know them. They are between g7-9. I am enjoying using them and it is clear that Trooper needs more gear to protect his friends all the way through the table.

Still hate Dancing Dooku though and have not been able to stomach more levels or gear on him yet.

I use my other Sith (Palpenstein, Vader) on zVader team in DSTB and TW. Sidious is floating around in limbo looking for a place to fit.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Dooku should've won. :p

He's the most annoying char :unamused:
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    @Ben774 You need to flip that list. Sith Assassin and Sith Trooper are probably the most invaluable Sith in the game.

@CoastalJames I still run zNihilus lead in arena (link in sig). I can beat any team on offense, especially teams that waste spots on GK, Zarriss, or Rex (which many still do). The problem isn't offense, it's defense. I drop 60-80 spots each day, even in the 100s.

CLS killed Sith in the meta since they only have one taunt with Sith Trooper, which is only worse with JTR now. If they release a second Sith taunter, they might be viable again. I'm currently gearing GK to replace Dooku, but at that point it's not really a Sith team... ;)

• Options
    @dryff why is that? Take Zaul and Zavage against a whole team at the same level and they’ll probably win. Take Sass and Sith trooper against a team and they’ll die pretty fast.

I agree they’re useful characters but I put in factors that include farming them. The pain in the rear to farm them was not worth it at all, IMHO. I think all the sith are viable. Unlike other factions every sith is useful. Let’s compare to rebels, does anyone even close to the top of the arena use lobot, pao, or bodhi? But I’ve thrown in sith assasin a couple times and still do good. With sith trooper he benefits some leads but there are far better tanks out there. Just use shoretrooper, he heals and taunts.
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    @CoastalJames I still run zNihilus lead in arena (link in sig). I can beat any team on offense, especially teams that waste spots on GK, Zarriss, or Rex (which many still do). The problem isn't offense, it's defense. I drop 60-80 spots each day, even in the 100s.

Interesting- thanks mate.

• Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Ben774 wrote: »
    @dryff why is that? Take Zaul and Zavage against a whole team at the same level and they’ll probably win. Take Sass and Sith trooper against a team and they’ll die pretty fast.

I agree they’re useful characters but I put in factors that include farming them. The pain in the rear to farm them was not worth it at all, IMHO. I think all the sith are viable. Unlike other factions every sith is useful. Let’s compare to rebels, does anyone even close to the top of the arena use lobot, pao, or bodhi? But I’ve thrown in sith assasin a couple times and still do good. With sith trooper he benefits some leads but there are far better tanks out there. Just use shoretrooper, he heals and taunts.

@Ben774 The Sith Assassin is extremely fast. Under a Zaul lead, the Sith Assassin WILL go first, allowing her to boost the TM on the rest of your team, meaning your entire squad will go before theirs. In PvP, any Sith team uses Sith Assassin.

Sith Trooper is, as you said, good under some leads. I might be biased because the Sith Trooper is insane under Nihilus lead. With his Taunt and Retribution he heals faster than he takes damage and hits through protection. As long as you can control CLS and/or Thrawn and keep his taunt up, you can win any PvP battle with all characters at full health.

Zavage was my first zeta, but in PvP suffers from the same thing that Zylo does...in top-end arena CLS, Thrawn, and JTR shut him down (as you said). Sure, he can survive a lot, but he adds nothing on offense (except being able to get a cheap Overpower on a low health target, another reason to use Sith Trooper and Sith Assassin). Zavage can solo HAAT P1 or P3 however, so if that is a factor, by all means...

Zaul was killed by R2 unfortunately. However, Maul (lead or not) is an easy button against Nightsisters (thanks Zombie!). Still situationally good for things like TW, but outclassed by Palp lead and Nihilus lead for DSTB, and doesn't compete in arena anymore.
  • Options
    Well if anyone saw any of the game changers videos today it looks like the sith finally get the boost they need to compete with the top again!
  • Options
    I've been using sith this whole time and when I actually do all my combats, I can stay top 20. Sometimes even hit #1.

Granted I don't use full sith team, DN lead with super fast SA a ST nodded for defense/protection. Pair them with thrawn and GK and they work pretty well.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Hekalatos wrote: »
    I've been using sith this whole time and when I actually do all my combats, I can stay top 20. Sometimes even hit #1.

Granted I don't use full sith team, DN lead with super fast SA a ST nodded for defense/protection. Pair them with thrawn and GK and they work pretty well.

I just got GK geared to 11 and run this exact squad. I literally can't lose on offense.

On defense, this squad must be terrible, because I'm dropping even worse than before. :o
  • Options
    That’s the reason I don’t run DN lead anymore. Defense isn’t that great. In my arena Zaul teams hold much better.
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    Hekalatos wrote: »

I just got GK geared to 11 and run this exact squad. I literally can't lose on offense.

On defense, this squad must be terrible, because I'm dropping even worse than before. :o

Defense is rough for sure. ALl my guys were maxed g12 except DN and still couldn't hold rank