Rogue One Faction Tag

Is there any thought to putting a Rogue One faction tag in place? They have their own special event in light side territory battles and are a good enough faction to justify the organizational tool.

Replies

• I agree - but for now I just favorited the team and use that.
    I'd say if they can't - won't - add some faction tags like this - they give us Favorite - Gold, Favorite - Purple, Favorite - Blue - then you toggle through the favorites button until you get the color you want and it'll have all the toons you marked for it.... then you could have a 3-4 teams or groups you can pull up easily.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • If the Tuskens have a faction tag Rogue One certainly should...
  • I wouldn't consider it a priority but yeah they should. R1 are already a pretty good squad though
  • BosshTheUsurper
    64 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    But they're all rebels. I don't really see the need for it unless they have a rework to add specific Rogue1 synergies
  • Rogue 1 is a weird requirement for TB.... it's not a faction at all; it's a movie.
  • The problem is, they're still rebels. No different than Wedge/Leiah/etc. They're all part of the same group. Rogue One is a movie, and having a R1 faction would be like having a Return of the Jedi faction.

With that said, I like to run my R1 toons together and always refer to them as my Rogue One squad.
  • I am curious why the special event in LSTB for Phoenix is a joke and on node 2 Rogue One you are suddenly facing 80 Elite Squads. The entire cadence of TB is so screwy.
  • Phoenix has a unique tag within Rebels because they were a defined group in the same way that 'Imperial Troopers' are a faction within Empire. Rogue 1 was simply a call-sign for that one ship and not a squadron / defined group. Plus, where would you put Bistan and Scarif Rebel Pathfinder? Sure they were in the movie, but not part of the ship that initially landed.

I agree that it's frustrating, but the devs need to have rules around factions.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Phoenix has a unique tag within Rebels because they were a defined group in the same way that 'Imperial Troopers' are a faction within Empire. Rogue 1 was simply a call-sign for that one ship and not a squadron / defined group. Plus, where would you put Bistan and Scarif Rebel Pathfinder? Sure they were in the movie, but not part of the ship that initially landed.

They obviously have a non-visible tag anyway for LSTB requirements. Why not let us filter by it?
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Phoenix has a unique tag within Rebels because they were a defined group in the same way that 'Imperial Troopers' are a faction within Empire. Rogue 1 was simply a call-sign for that one ship and not a squadron / defined group. Plus, where would you put Bistan and Scarif Rebel Pathfinder? Sure they were in the movie, but not part of the ship that initially landed.

They obviously have a non-visible tag anyway for LSTB requirements. Why not let us filter by it?

^^^ This.
  • i don't see any argument people are making that it is so they have more synergy. The only reason for R1 tag is for gearing/modding purposes...We don't need a buff on them through this tag.
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

Valid point. Seems game developers broke their own rule. But there’s still no group synergy with those required toons.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    i don't see any argument people are making that it is so they have more synergy. The only reason for R1 tag is for gearing/modding purposes...We don't need a buff on them through this tag.

Exactly just to make it easier to filter by them.
  • There's no special synergy for tanks, but we can sort using that tag. The R1 pseudo-faction is required in LSTB. We should be able to sort using a Rogue One tag. There's no harm in adding such a tag, and it would add to the quality of life for the players. The only thing the devs would have to do is make the currently invisible tag visible. So simple.