Please create a beta test program

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
edited February 2016
CG,
Choose whoever you want from among the many intelligent and experienced players here, NDA them up, and allow them to review some of these changes before you commit to them. You will get much-needed feedback on major changes (like this unreal RG mega-buff) before they go live so you can make adjustments while causing a minimum of disturbance, and at no financial cost.
Please.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• That would be assuming these people are reasonable and thoughtful.
  • We are the Beta testers, this is version 0.3.1
  • Haha, this would make a lot of sense. I mean, we saw RG coming a mile away about how strong he is going to be. If you look at the datamined max stats RG's health gets up to 32k at level 90 gear XII if the information that was datamined is to be believed. I mean, that's insane! He's strong now and will only get stronger when the level cap is raised.
  • Or just spend 10 minutes thinking about how it would work in practice?
    I would think they knew this would create a new Poe type "must nerf" protest. Is that what they want? So everyone feels compelled to farm RG for the next few months. And then make new changes so he is no longer as necessary? These are experienced, smart people running this app, but I can't figure out the thought process.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    @Plasmaj - Me neither. Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago that they were telling us they wanted to go "slow and steady" with character changes?
  • I have to admit I'm a bit bummed by this. I really do not want to farm RG. But I feel if I want to continue to have a high ranking arena team, he will be a requirement. It just has me so unexcited. Unfortunately, I only pulled him in Bronziums a couple of times, so he is only 2*. All with the realization that by the time he is workable, I won't need him anymore since the dynamic will have shifted again.
    It is just mind boggling. Why RG?
  • My guess is that they need a lot more time to rework the speed/damage meta. A shifting meta is what keeps the game interesting for the top level players, who also happen to be the top spenders. People get bored if the same team is dominant for months at a time, even if they have that team. Releasing a crazy RG buff should allow for people to experiment with slower characters. Even though CG knows they will eventually have to nerf RG, as one toon should not be required for every team, they just managed to spice up the game for a few weeks while they work on a meta overhaul, and all it took was one character buff that probably only took a few hours to create.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Oh. Well, okay, if they are deliberately screwing us around, I guess that's different.
  • What they are doing...and have been doing is obvious, changing meta keeping paying players happy, forcing F2P to play catch up, then changing. I'm surprised QGJ didn't get nerfed honestly. This mega buff to RG (a long and difficult farm) is given to paying players. They have their 7* RG and everyone will be forced to play catch up...by the time they do, it's someone else. Mark my words QGJ will be nerfed in a month or two JUST as everyone is finishing him up. He is meta now, the people that *paid* for him are enjoying it...making everyone jump on the train to farm him to compete, then they will change the meta again. It wasn't a mystery why he was put into shipments...
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Oh. Well, okay, if they are deliberately screwing us around, I guess that's different.

I wouldn't say they're intentionally screwing us. RG is just a way to make slower characters viable until they implement a big change that will make slow character viable on their own.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Oh, I agree. I even posted the other day that RG was "a gift to the whales".
    But they've just made him so ridiculous that it contradicts what they've said previously about the approach they planned to take.

I wouldn't say they're intentionally screwing us. RG is just a way to make slower characters viable until they implement a big change that will make slow character viable on their own.

that may explain the taunt. But why give him one of the best (or is it the best?) stun in the game as well?
  • Plasmaj wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

that may explain the taunt. But why give him one of the best (or is it the best?) stun in the game as well?

If all they had changed was the taunt, he still wouldn't have joined the meta. He can still be killed in just a few turns, and his taunt can still be taken away by QGJ.
  • While this is an excellent idea, CG does whatever they want to do. Nothing we say or do will change that.
  • You guys are over estimating his effectiveness. I have him 70 6* and used him a good bit tonight. He isn't as good as my Poe for my speed team, he is only better than Poe when you don't have a lot of first turn characters.

So, if you have a speed team.... You're still going to be fine. This just gives slower DPS a chance to be used. Which is good.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Cyn wrote: »
    Haha, this would make a lot of sense. I mean, we saw RG coming a mile away about how strong he is going to be. If you look at the datamined max stats RG's health gets up to 32k at level 90 gear XII if the information that was datamined is to be believed. I mean, that's insane! He's strong now and will only get stronger when the level cap is raised.

Yeah but it's not like people are already going to have him ready to go and....

QGJ called him in for the assist first turn and he stunned my ig88. Then wrecked everyone's face. Hilarious. :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    @Cyn - Weren't you running Yoda before? Is that who RG replaced?
    If so, that pretty much says it all.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    He runs lots of different setups. I don't think he worries too much about running the best setup. There's another whale that tries a lot harder. Other than the rebel crew recently arriving in the top5 Cyn is almost always the most entertaining to fight.

I only had two spare fights tonight and both were close so hard to tell how good he really is. Plus he's light on attackers with Han. I think his speed team is still the most effective but it'll take me at least a few days of screwing around with this to figure out if I can beat it. RG is a legit toon now. So easy to one shot guys when you're using Poggle that I think I can work around his taunt. Depends on if he gets it between attacks and assists called in from attacks.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    Depends on if he gets it between attacks and assists called in from attacks.

The taunt goes off in the middle of the attack, but the 2nd attack still gets the original target it seems. In the video in the below link, Dooku's bonus attack still hits Yoda (at 53 seconds) after RG taunts. His next attack (on RG) came on his subsequent turn

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/15573/royal-guard-in-action-video#latest
  • Bummer. Key would be to never trigger his taunt so you can maintain focus on attackers.

I can one shot Han with a poggle buffed ig86 (even without assist) so I assume I can one shot him with the assist. But still would be better to be able to focus down the attackers instead.

Good new challenge.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    My guess is that they need a lot more time to rework the speed/damage meta. A shifting meta is what keeps the game interesting for the top level players, who also happen to be the top spenders. People get bored if the same team is dominant for months at a time, even if they have that team. Releasing a crazy RG buff should allow for people to experiment with slower characters. Even though CG knows they will eventually have to nerf RG, as one toon should not be required for every team, they just managed to spice up the game for a few weeks while they work on a meta overhaul, and all it took was one character buff that probably only took a few hours to create.

My main gripe with CG is that everytime they introduce a new toon, they never look at how much impact he has alone and never introduce consistent counters to them. Take a look at old poe. High tenacity, unresistable turn manipulation,high speed.Hard to land a dispel on him in time and also bypass the tenacity check. The only way to play around him was to play 143 speed characters at that time and pray that poe doesn't go first.

Now take a took at RG. Do we have characters with high potency to negate RG's high tenacity AND are able to dispel RG's taunt multiple times out of turn AND dispel at the right moment before RG's taunt manages to divert attacks away from others?No, we do not.

Should we waste attacks on RG and get him to below 50%hp, or should we save our specials for the next round? Get him below 50% hp and he has done his job by diverting attacks/specials away from those that need protected(and are dangerous).Leave him above 50% hp and his 80% stun with decent potency gear comes into play.Please keep in mind that he gets 15% turn meter and 4% health whenever an ally gets damaged, meaning he gets his turn a lot sooner and uses his high percentage stun.

Yoda teams can pretty much spread foresight with RG if the opponent team doesn't have an aoe character.Focus on dps before yoda first and taunt comes up,protecting yoda. Focus on yoda first and you've just spent one less attack/special on a dps character like QGJ,GS,rey and triggered RG's taunt
    Post edited by Zekex on
  • FashionFett
    891 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Post edited by FashionFett on
    CG,
    Choose whoever you want from among the many intelligent and experienced players here, NDA them up, and allow them to review some of these changes before you commit to them. You will get much-needed feedback on major changes (like this unreal RG mega-buff) before they go live so you can make adjustments while causing a minimum of disturbance, and at no financial cost.
    Please.

@Qeltar when are you going to learn your lesson about believing they care what we think?
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    @Qeltar

As @SlyGambit posted, I play around with a lot of different builds to try them out. But you are correct, RG is very powerful and almost a must have in lot of cases. Although, SlyGambit pointed out that a well geared attacker can 1-shot characters with 10-11k health. The RG taunt is very strong thought.

Gambit, I will be leveling up someone most people don't use/see here in the near future hopefully to pair nicely with RG. Hopefully you enjoy the different team compositions :smile:
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    RollTideTA wrote: »
    You guys are over estimating his effectiveness. I have him 70 6* and used him a good bit tonight. He isn't as good as my Poe for my speed team, he is only better than Poe when you don't have a lot of first turn characters.

So, if you have a speed team.... You're still going to be fine. This just gives slower DPS a chance to be used. Which is good.

Wow, you actually think poe actually adds value to a speed team?By speed team I mean characters like yoda/dooku/rey/gs/qgj.Just think for a moment what poe's turn manipulation gives the team when poe starts last on your team, and manipulates turn meter on characters that will go after your entire team regardless of whether he manipulates turn meter or not.

The only good use out of him is when both of you are running high speed dps teams, and you want to manipulate the turn meter so that your entire team starts the second round of attacks first. Even so, stormtrooper han does a better job of gaining turn meter for the entire team then poe.

I loled when you said poe is better than RG. High speed dps will take out 1-2 characters before poe gets his turn, while RG will taunt out of turn multiple times to save a character's bacon the moment he drops below 50%.How you make use of that "extra life" given by RG will determine how good you are as a player.
  • d3gauss wrote: »
    @Qeltar when are you going to learn your lesson about believing they care what we think?

"I am a slow learner."