Emperor's Hand - Mara Jade

I realized today that the one beloved character I have not seen mentioned on the forum (forgive me, I have not read every single post so I might have missed it), is Mara Jade! She is easily one of my favorites of all time. I like her as the Emperor's Hand or the character that she transforms into (Hero's Journey anyone?).

Anyway, with so much routine talk about Jango, the BH's, Revan, Malak, Plagueis, etc, it seems odd that there is not more talk about Mara Jade.

Replies

• Who is mara jade?
  • Who is mara jade?

She would probably considered a "Legends" character now. But she started out as the Emperor's Hand and was hell bent on killing Luke as vengeance for killing Palpatine. The story goes on a long way from there, but that is the cliff's notes, no spoiler version.
  • Can we please get Mara Jade in the game that would be really cool, she is a badass and if people say oh shes not canon or stuff like that well look at HK-47 look at Nihilus and sith assassin and trooper that are technically not canon either and they are in the game. Stop focusing so much on light side toons and give dark side more love its annoying hoe light side outnumbers dark side in almost everything.
  • Mara jade his Luke's wife and was killed by caid solo and caid solo was Hans grandson.
  • All characters are of legends the first order and resistance are not in legends. Until Disney there was no Rey no pie no bb8 no Kyle Ren etc I would personally like to see more characters from legends myself like Darth bain with the unique ability rule of 2 so any sith with him can do like Biggs and wedge do both attack.
  • Corr3ction Jason solo was the one who killed Mara jade
  • Corr3ction Jason solo was the one who killed Mara jade

Correction Jacen Solo
  • Mara jade his Luke's wife and was killed by caid solo and caid solo was Hans grandson.

Saying this is like saying Darth Vader was Luke and Leia's dad and was killed by Luke, his son. Mara was a really unique and dynamic character long before she became Mrs. Skywalker. As the Emperor's Hand she was a talented assassin with force powers that handled some of the emperor's most important tasks. She was obsessed with killing Luke after the emperor's death and the "Journey to become a hero" was long and challenging. Her marriage to Luke and subsequent death are really just bringing the story to a close. She was a fascinating character.
  • Who is mara jade?

blasphemy! shun the non-believer!

Yes, Mara was the Emperor's Hand, but Emperor Palpatine had many, many hands. Possibly. Probably. Mara is just one that we got to learn about in Zahn's extended universe. If you have not read Timothy Zahn's SW novels, give them a try. Start with Heir to the Empire.
  • Mara Jade was one of the best "new" characters introduced in the years following ROTJ. Alongside Admiral Thrawn, she was one my my favourites. What's interesting is that they've made GAT canon in Rebels, but not a mention of Jade. I'm guessing that it's because MJ (Mara Jade, not Michael Jackson or Mary-Jane) is so closely associated with Luke, that it would be difficult to introduce her into the current canon without that Luke relationship.
  • DiastJokin wrote: »
    Mara Jade was one of the best "new" characters introduced in the years following ROTJ. Alongside Admiral Thrawn, she was one my my favourites. What's interesting is that they've made GAT canon in Rebels, but not a mention of Jade. I'm guessing that it's because MJ (Mara Jade, not Michael Jackson or Mary-Jane) is so closely associated with Luke, that it would be difficult to introduce her into the current canon without that Luke relationship.

TLJ made it abundantly clear that the dweebs in charge of the SW franchise now have zero interest in maintaining the integrity of the OT's characters, nor do they really care about developing their new characters. They screwed up Luke's character so badly that we will see no more of him, and therefore no Mara.
  • DiastJokin wrote: »
    Mara Jade was one of the best "new" characters introduced in the years following ROTJ. Alongside Admiral Thrawn, she was one my my favourites. What's interesting is that they've made GAT canon in Rebels, but not a mention of Jade. I'm guessing that it's because MJ (Mara Jade, not Michael Jackson or Mary-Jane) is so closely associated with Luke, that it would be difficult to introduce her into the current canon without that Luke relationship.

I actually read an article with Zahn where he indicated specifically that he had no intentions of adding her to canon. He had the chance to write her into his new book, "Thrawn" but opted not to. He made it seem as though it was completely his decision. If that is the case, that is a **** shame.
  • harryheckDAX
    208 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Alongside her it would be cool with Lumiya, her whip would make som nice battle animation.

OR release her as Shira Brie in her undercover days and tag her as rebel. This could be an opportunity for a serious cool event for her to become Lumiya.

And a ship raid with the World Devastator could be cool.
    Here I go and fantasies about things that will never happen lol
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Zerfius wrote: »
    DiastJokin wrote: »

I actually read an article with Zahn where he indicated specifically that he had no intentions of adding her to canon. He had the chance to write her into his new book, "Thrawn" but opted not to. He made it seem as though it was completely his decision. If that is the case, that is a **** shame.

Wasn't it that he had no intention of adding her in a role where she wouldn't get to have a Luke relationship.
  • Mara Jade should totally be added. Either as the emperor's hand or as part of Luke's new Jedi order from legends. Totally down for this character
  • Naraic wrote: »

Wasn't it that he had no intention of adding her in a role where she wouldn't get to have a Luke relationship.

From what I recall, the article I read did not put any specifics on it, it seemed like he was against adding her in general. It could have just been the way they wrote the article or the quotes they decided to use from him.
  • Zerfius wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »

From what I recall, the article I read did not put any specifics on it, it seemed like he was against adding her in general. It could have just been the way they wrote the article or the quotes they decided to use from him.

A horrible decision in my opinion. Having kylo kill Mara Jade when he turned against Luke would have fit perfect or for snoke to kill her after she went to try and save been, either one would have merged perfectly into the story further cementing Luke's belief that the Jedi had to end.
  • Darth_Guts
    50 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Although, then again, it's possible that zahn, after seeing the direction Mr Johnson -.- was headed in decided he didn't want his character being subjected to anything that would annoy him.
    You know, like buzz light-year Leia.