February-The Month of the Sith

Replies

• I would like to see a Dark Side healer and a cleanser.

Without thinking about it. 2 DS healers come into my mind. They are ingame already
  • I have a feeling that revan will be the 1st DS hero journey event toon.
    And i heard some siths are coming up in a marquee event (surik, sion etc)
    Fingers crossed xd
  • Kalano wrote: »
    I would like to see a Dark Side healer and a cleanser.

Without thinking about it. 2 DS healers come into my mind. They are ingame already

Sith are weak versus the current meta as they are too slow, don't put out enough damage (annihilate excepted but you can't use it if you're already dead), rely of debuffs (LS squads cleanse them immediately) while the Sith lack a healer and cleanser themselves.
  • Don’t get your quote? I commented on request for a DS healer. They are in game already.
    There is no Sith healer of course
  • I would like to see a Dark Side healer and a cleanser.

Talia: huh?
  • Kalano wrote: »
    Don’t get your quote? I commented on request for a DS healer. They are in game already.
    There is no Sith healer of course

I assumed (admittedly an assumption) that he was referring to a Sith healer and a cleanser, rather than a more broad, DS healer and cleanser.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Dagon wrote: »
    February - Another month without Revan :D

If only, if only. The KOTOR story is so well known by many SW fans that the developers must be thinking about the best way to release him. I could definitely see, as long as other KOTOR toons are released first, having these toons required at 7* to unlock Revan. He should be SWGOH's first villain's journey. Bastilla and Carth would be great KOTOR additions; their strong personalities and importance in the KOTOR story provide a solid base to use when building their kit. Only one of them added completes a full team of KOTOR toons. ST,SA,HK, and DN are the 4 current "KOTOR" toons (SA and ST are extras) and all, except HK, are tough enough to farm for CG to have them as requirements for a Revan unlock. Two 16 energy cantina nodes for both ST and SA (SA is also in guild store) and DN farmed only through one hard node are long enough farms to force some spending, but thats only if you don't have to farm other toons like the vets for Rey. I still want to farm DT to at least 5* for TB's and the special mission. KRU and his ship being only on a 10 energy node make me want to farm them as well. I'd need at least 2 months, maybe 3, to farm all these toons to 7*, and that's without using some of that energy farming mods. This is all not even factoring in the 5th toon that, knowing CG, would be another high energy cantina farm or a one hard node farm. This would all be worth it though to be able to play as Revan

I can see why CG hesitates though, Revan could technically have many two opposing tags: LS or DS, Jedi or non-jedi, sith or non-sith. I would personally vote to have him be DS over LS (changing between the two would be the best) as DS could use some stronger toons. Revan would definitely need to have a beast kit, it would disappoint everyone that's been pining for him to be released if he didn't. A villains journey toon would have 6 abilities similar to how heroes' journey toons are, so it wouldn't be too difficult to build hit kit. His kit would deserve to be "OP" at first because of his importance in SW history, but eventually character would get released to counter him. I think the most difficult ability to build for his kit would be his leader, especially depending on his tags. If he were to end up with both LS and DS tags, his kit might benefit from two separate leader abilities that could be switched depending on where he could best be used.

That's only my opinion though; I don't see Revan being released through marquee events, he's too badass of a SW character and too popular for CG not to try cashing in with his release. If I'm still playing to see his reveal, I'd be spending money to try to unlock him. He'll be a huge money maker for CG and they know it too.

#MoreKOTORcharacters !
    Post edited by jwoah on
  • Surik isn’t a sith..
  • The Lord of Hunger is lonely without Darth Traya and Darth Sion.... Revan can wait... Sith Assassins are the login rewards for February, and they are more related to the Sith Triumvirate rather than Revan...
    As for Sith who can heal... there's Darth Plaguies - but alas, he's not in the game... yet... and he's connected to Sidious...
  • FRKZ wrote: »
    The Lord of Hunger is lonely without Darth Traya and Darth Sion.... Revan can wait... Sith Assassins are the login rewards for February, and they are more related to the Sith Triumvirate rather than Revan...
    As for Sith who can heal... there's Darth Plaguies - but alas, he's not in the game... yet... and he's connected to Sidious...

Completing Triumvirate is very possible i think...
  • FRKZ wrote: »
    The Lord of Hunger is lonely without Darth Traya and Darth Sion.... Revan can wait... Sith Assassins are the login rewards for February, and they are more related to the Sith Triumvirate rather than Revan...

Traya could work as a support/healer too. Or anyone else, really, since they made Holdo a tank so in-game role needs not reflect the character whatsoever...
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Somehow all the LS characters never manage to beat the evil Sith/FO or however they call themselves. Always a new threat arises from some dark place and always they rule the galaxy but never mind. Rose Tico is here. One against all dark side, no problem. Until the next movie. Another Rose against another threat. Maybe Last Order or Sicks. And the Chancellor is Pimpernelle.

The whole story became meaningless and repetitive. Typical American stuff. Underdogs against some super-powerful and super-evil bunch of under-educated guys who lack discipline and forgot to swallow Ritalin.
  • Ledinis wrote: »
    At last we shall reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we shall have revenge....

Yeah because Jedi are such a force to be reckoned with in this game :D

They seem to go down on a Revenge of the sith level... just saying.
  • Airwalker wrote: »
    FRKZ wrote: »

Completing Triumvirate is very possible i think...

Yes, perhaps with Sion this year and Traya next year? Sion could be released with Sith Marauder perhaps? (Or even better, Sion AND Traya released this month)
    Also, it was Traya who trained Revan (well, when she was Kreia actually), so it would make sense that she would be a possible requirement for him.

But unfortunately, I think it would be more likely for CG to go back to release characters from Star Wars ep. I, II, and III than the Old Republic :/ (Jango, Padme, more clones, etc.) and possibly build up to a DS hero journey(downfall?), ending with either Pre-suit Vader or a Vader rework.
  • I seriously had a dream a couple nights ago that Revan was released. Regardless of what they planned or stated, now would be the time to release him and capitalize on the hype. Either way, all of this made me download and start playing Kotor again. I'll play as Revan one way or another
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    i didn't know there was so much green in the galaxy

What my boy sheev said when they gave him the keys to the galaxy

His name is Steve Palpatine... George Lucas just had a cold when he dictated it. TRUE STORY!

@DoomeyEyes I think it is Sheev and not Steve https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palpatine
  • Sthenos wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    i didn't know there was so much green in the galaxy

What my boy sheev said when they gave him the keys to the galaxy

His name is Steve Palpatine... George Lucas just had a cold when he dictated it. TRUE STORY!

@DoomeyEyes I think it is Sheev and not Steve https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palpatine

Just a joke...
  • Does anyone ever miss the evasion meta? Obviously not...
  • Does anyone ever miss the evasion meta? Obviously not...

I miss (in) evasion meta...
  • Why is everyone so sure that Revan would even be a dark side character? He is both light side and dark side but even when he was dark side he worked to save the galaxy from the true sith threat. Much more hero than villain in my book.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    I would like to see a Dark Side healer and a cleanser.

Talia: huh?

Talia is one that heals per se but she damages herself. What I had in mind was a DS toon that could heal normally, like Luminara, but also provide a cleanse like Rex or Kenobi. There is Shoretrooper, but he doesn't have the synergy with Sith or other DS factions.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Wow..
    Daka / Talia already being there for DS heal/cleanse means we can't have anymore, apparently for some people. As if LS only has two cleanser/healers

A: I want a DS healer /cleanser
    B: There are 2 of them already

.. So we can have some more, don't you see multiple LS healer/cleansers out there
    Do you really think 2 is the maximum number of healer/cleanser we should get for DS huh
  • i wish they would unnerf ventress... bring back her team heal... but I know it will never happen with the NS meta...
  • Isn‘t the Sith Triumvirate they 3 guys that picked up the Siths (in a sense) after Revan was defeated?
    Wouldn‘t it make sense to release these 3 for a Revan dark side her‘s journey?
    Like Revan dies in stage 6, you have defeat some guys with those Darth Traya, Sion and Nihilus to form the Triumvirate?
  • Cossin wrote: »
    Isn‘t the Sith Triumvirate they 3 guys that picked up the Siths (in a sense) after Revan was defeated?
    Wouldn‘t it make sense to release these 3 for a Revan dark side her‘s journey?
    Like Revan dies in stage 6, you have defeat some guys with those Darth Traya, Sion and Nihilus to form the Triumvirate?

That's what I think the build up could be.
  • Demand for Revan is on the same page as demand for CLS was... from a marketing standpoint, they would be foolish not to capitalize on that... and create something great to commemorate his entry.

Anybody know the exact date KOTOR was released? Think Revan will be an anniversary toon?
  • T4NM4N26 wrote: »
    I'm not biased towards sith characters, but I'm biased towards dark side characters. I would love to see a bounty hunter rework. I would love to see an Emperor and Vader rework. I would love to see a separatist rework. I would love to see a tusken raider rework even! Any kind of dark side love, I would be extremely grateful for. The only dark side love we've gotten this past year that lasted any test of time was Thrawn and Mother Talzin. For Thrawn you need Phoenix squad (which CG got a lot of guff from) and Mother Talzin you have a very patient and rare farm. Luckily, they just put her in the store so that can speed up the process, but still it's a long farm. We need some love for the dark side.

Well I just watched a video from mobilegamer that featured a phoenix team that nightsisters really cant win against. It's all the characters except for ezra. So they're not that useless.
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Wow..
    Daka / Talia already being there for DS heal/cleanse means we can't have anymore, apparently for some people. As if LS only has two cleanser/healers

A: I want a DS healer /cleanser
    B: There are 2 of them already

.. So we can have some more, don't you see multiple LS healer/cleansers out there
    Do you really think 2 is the maximum number of healer/cleanser we should get for DS huh

Good thought and feedback, but what kind of impact does Daka have on a team that is non NS? Put ZBarris in any LS team she immediately helps. Plus ZBarris with ZR2 makes her even better. No DS toon has the capacity to impact the sustainability of a team like Zbarris. (Tanks provide sustainability obviously, but they are temporarily excluded). The impact these 2 DS healers have are negligible unless it is a full NS team. Shoretrooper is decent, but used best with Troopers. Clones have Rex for cleansing and Zody to provide protection healing. Rebels have Ackbar. Rex lead teams with Ackbar, GK, ZBarris, etc. have no counter-part on the DS.

Darth Plagueis could be that healer/cleanser for the DS. Any DS team, Empire, Sith, or a cherry picked team could find room for him. My main idea, before I expounded upon it, is an overall impact-filled Sith or DS healer toon.

Edit: typo
  • i have a dream for Revan that won't ever happen because it would probably be to difficult to implement. Have a Sith version of him and a Jedi version of him but the player could only choose one. I think it would represent him pretty well to have that. Heck I'd even be ok with people being able to change whether he is dark or light with a cool down or small penalty for switching him.

I really believe one of the major reasons Revan isn't out is because if they release him as only Sith or only Jedi it would really irritate people who played him the other way. So EA would either have to release both of him or my hybrid idea to avoid getting a strong backlash.
    At Imperial Eyewear we promise that "You will pay dearly for your lack of vision."
  • T4NM4N26 wrote: »
    I'm not biased towards sith characters, but I'm biased towards dark side characters. I would love to see a bounty hunter rework. I would love to see an Emperor and Vader rework. I would love to see a separatist rework. I would love to see a tusken raider rework even! Any kind of dark side love, I would be extremely grateful for. The only dark side love we've gotten this past year that lasted any test of time was Thrawn and Mother Talzin. For Thrawn you need Phoenix squad (which CG got a lot of guff from) and Mother Talzin you have a very patient and rare farm. Luckily, they just put her in the store so that can speed up the process, but still it's a long farm. We need some love for the dark side.

Well I just watched a video from mobilegamer that featured a phoenix team that nightsisters really cant win against. It's all the characters except for ezra. So they're not that useless.

In the same video he also talked about other rumours.

New Sith to increase the power of the Sith faction and synergy for old Sith would be amazing.

I would be happy with generic Empire toons it fits the game as in reality the empire was made up of many many trained well equipped soldiers that were generic. Plus it gives us better options for DS TB

Palp and a Vader rework would be amazing.

I would be amazed if all those things came at once. However DS does need a good boost.