February-The Month of the Sith

Replies

• Options
    FRKZ wrote: »
    OMG! So it's not revan, it's not traya nor sion, it's not plagueis nor django, but IT'S LEGO 6-BLADED MAUL-WITH A HOOD???

That would actually be kind of awesome. Lol
  • IronRanger
    203 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I expect something bigger to drop between February 11th and 18th. There is a huge hole in the events calendar...some sort of new character or event is going to fall in that spot.
  • Options
    IronRanger wrote: »
    I expect something bigger to drop between February 11th and 18th. There is a huge hole in the events calendar...some sort of new character or event is going to fall in that spot.

Valentine’s Day is in there...

You heard it here first: dark side Anakin (before the suit) and...wait for it...Padme!
  • Options
    Sza_Bo wrote: »

Valentine’s Day is in there...

You heard it here first: dark side Anakin (before the suit) and...wait for it...Padme!

I could see the possibility of DS Anakin. But Padme won’t be here in February.
    Not till summer and will take either galactic Republic or separatist faction.
    Look for more sith/empire Marquee and maybe even more bounty hunter, preceding a badass Jango fett event
  • Options
    I’m just tired of hoarding gear. I’ve got all this gear/zetas set aside that I was originally using to max KRU and FOST. I’m eagerly waiting to see who else I can use it on instead.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    I’m just tired of hoarding gear. I’ve got all this gear/zetas set aside that I was originally using to max KRU and FOST. I’m eagerly waiting to see who else I can use it on instead.

And this here I think is a problem. Hard to get excited gearing up toons because by the time you’ve given one or two hard to come by zetas to toons who require more to work they’ll be made obsolete.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    All things aside I am very excited for the Palpatine and Vader rework but is this all we are expecting for the big update? The much needed updates to these iconic characters is a nice boost but that's just it, it's just a boost not much "unnatural" about it. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but I feel that if this is the only large thing coming it's not really all that impressive. I currently run both Sith in my Darth nihilius lead team which means some of the new abilities won't work. Not to mention it's probably time to get some new Sith in the game. I'm sure there's more to come but for now I feel a little let down.

Pretty easy to conclude this isn’t the “big update” since the game changer trip hasn’t happened yet.

The big update for February, considering the game changers don't even preview new game modes till mid feb so that if
    Naw wrote: »

And this here I think is a problem. Hard to get excited gearing up toons because by the time you’ve given one or two hard to come by zetas to toons who require more to work they’ll be made obsolete.

So true. It is becoming hopeless to be able to keep up

Time to just take this game casually and give up my arena ranks
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »

I was talking to my guild mates and made the point that if you’re F2P it almost makes more sense to be ready to catch every OTHER meta instead of constantly chasing. So in a way you do lose in arena durning the off time but it doesn’t mean you can’t stay somewhat competitive before jumping back in with saved up resources
  • IronRanger
    203 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

I was talking to my guild mates and made the point that if you’re F2P it almost makes more sense to be ready to catch every OTHER meta instead of constantly chasing. So in a way you do lose in arena durning the off time but it doesn’t mean you can’t stay somewhat competitive before jumping back in with saved up resources

Good advice.......So take a guess...Jedi...Bounty Hunters....GG and Genosians. :)
  • Options

Good advice.......So take a guess...Jedi...Bounty Hunters....GG and Genosians. :)

Don't forget Tuskens :)
  • Options
    Get your jawas g12'd in anticipation. They're taking over the galaxy. 2 zetas added to dathcha and engineer, zetas on everyone else, and then jawa synergy added to scav rey and farmer luke. Boom.
  • Options

Bounty Hunters make the most sense so... Jawas?
  • Options
    I'm ftp and my jawas are all gear 10, just need mods. id be game for them getting zetas :)
  • Options
    Do you think that they're going to release multiple characters back to back like they did last Feb?
  • Options
    T4NM4N26 wrote: »
    Do you think that they're going to release multiple characters back to back like they did last Feb?

I'm gonna go on a limb and say, "yes". They've already paralleled this February with last February being a "Sith month", so why wouldn't they release multiple toons like they did last year? The answer?... Of course they could! :wink:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    Only the 8th and we have two reworks and new sith character. Can't wait to see what else is in store this month
  • Options
    There is Shoretrooper, but he doesn't have the synergy with Sith or other DS factions.

Yeah he definitely has no empire or imperial trooper synergies....
  • Options
    Pray for Imperial and FO droids to counter rebel droid metas.
  • Options
    I wonder what the SA login drop is for as it does not have a bearing on Sith Marauder?
    Also as DV gets his immunity to T M Reduction and Health boost when a DOT expires is this zeta best used with EP lead rather than DV, given DV lead (zetad) extends the DOT?
    I have vader's leader zeta but the choice on which EP/DV zeta to buy next is driving me mad!!
  • Options
    February being black history month and the dedicated month of the sith is no coincidence.

Because they wear black for people.who will somehow turn this into a racist joke
  • Options
    I wonder what the SA login drop is for as it does not have a bearing on Sith Marauder?
    Also as DV gets his immunity to T M Reduction and Health boost when a DOT expires is this zeta best used with EP lead rather than DV, given DV lead (zetad) extends the DOT?
    I have vader's leader zeta but the choice on which EP/DV zeta to buy next is driving me mad!!

Not to put a damper on things, but from what I've heard, people who have done the new palp and vader zeta have been disappointed. I would save your zetas until people study it a little more and you see results from their zetas. As for now, I would just sit on them until we see what else is coming in the future weeks.
  • Options

Vader lead actually reapplies the DOTs, so technically they expire. He will get healed and the DOTs go back up.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    CorgiWolf wrote: »
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Sev74907 wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    New marquee chars: Traya, Malak, Sion

Source : inside leak

That would be so lame. At least rose and holdo are in the movies.

So because they’re not in the movies they don’t deserve to be there? In that case you can dismiss about 30 characters. I don’t usually call opinions ridiculous but this is a ridiculous opinion. Am I glad you aren’t a developer for this game. Some Star Wars fan you are

And if he were a developer hed probably be okay tbh considering most players (not forum goers ofc haha) are your casual star wars fan or kid, who hasn't played KOTOR.
    Any data to support this claim or is it just wild guessing?

Its fairly obvious isn't it? Most people are casual, watch the movies, play a video game, buy some merchandise type of fans, not that there is anything wrong with that. It's not the norm to find a fan who is a 501st member or someone who will fly long distances to go to star wars specific events etc. Though having played kotor is far more likely than those things...that just makes you one of the herd, and I'm unsure how many even played through those.
    Of course I've played through kotor...and kotor 2. When they were released actually. That doesnt make me think those characters should be utilized over movie characters. That's just silly. Revan is definitely the band wagon flavor of the month favorite though. There is money to be made from the herd.
    Post edited by Ugnaught on
  • Options
    It's Sith Raid, guys... Darth Sion and Darth Traya added... (not that surprising)... and yes, Darth Revan may still have to wait a bit... After all, SITH HAPPENS
  • Options

Not to put a damper on things, but from what I've heard, people who have done the new palp and vader zeta have been disappointed. I would save your zetas until people study it a little more and you see results from their zetas. As for now, I would just sit on them until we see what else is coming in the future weeks.

exactly what im doing lol Im just waiting for others to test for me
  • Options
    I will die laughing if Revan is released as the LS version.
  • Options
    With all of this Old Republic business happening, I'm almost expecting HK-47 to get a rework too!
  • Options
    With all these dark side antics, isn't it time that we can pull Dark Side characters from the first Chromium pull?
  • Options
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    With all of this Old Republic business happening, I'm almost expecting HK-47 to get a rework too!

Would be nice if his revive chance was increased to 100% :)
  • Options
    I'm not biased towards sith characters, but I'm biased towards dark side characters. I would love to see a bounty hunter rework. I would love to see an Emperor and Vader rework. I would love to see a separatist rework. I would love to see a tusken raider rework even! Any kind of dark side love, I would be extremely grateful for. The only dark side love we've gotten this past year that lasted any test of time was Thrawn and Mother Talzin. For Thrawn you need Phoenix squad (which CG got a lot of guff from) and Mother Talzin you have a very patient and rare farm. Luckily, they just put her in the store so that can speed up the process, but still it's a long farm. We need some love for the dark side.

What s up with no 4LOM or no ZUCKUSS!?! :)