Do we need a Watto's Junkyard?

Nebulous
1476 posts Member
edited February 2016
I think it would be a player friendly idea, because we all know farming is sometimes excruciating, if there was a junkyard opened on one of the empty tables to barter away uneccessary equipment.

An interface that would allow us to exchange extra equipment pieces for republic credits*, we know how much Watto loves those, and allow us to purchase equipment we need. The ratio shouldn't be 1:1 (much, much higher), but I'd like to be able to trade in all rarity of gear and purchase pieces we need. Even if on a similar random/refresh system as the shard shop.

Seeing as we cannot even sell off useless gear any longer, we should be able to do something with them.

*to be clear, I am referring to trading in unwanted equipment for a new currency which allows players to purchase desired pieces. I don't have a set trade in value. But it should be less profitable than getting the desired item from a drop.
Post edited by Nebulous on

Replies

• I'm not trying to make sport here... but how would this differ in any way from what we had short of a label change? Or are you asking them to re-instate deprecated functionality?
  • How about player to player swaps? Maybe the swap costs a few credits or energy so you could trade between multiple accounts. I think you're on to something.
  • Koth wrote: »
    I'm not trying to make sport here... but how would this differ in any way from what we had short of a label change? Or are you asking them to re-instate deprecated functionality?

When I typed republic credits I was being facetious. A cheeky remark because I was referring to Watto and him not wanting credits.

But what I am talking about is not the same as the removed sell ui. I meant a Watto's Junkyard exclusive currency that is used to specifically purchase/trade equipment we don't use for equipment we would want to use.
  • I support this.
  • +2
  • Should have made this thread with a poll. Not that good, sensible suggestions are ever taken seriously by the developers. Or if they are, they turn out like the current shard shop. Which has already been justified and explained as part of the game's spending cycle by players, even before Grievous was added. Even so, my point is that anything envisioned by a player for the benefit of other players will inevitably be twisted to suit the developer's needs in extending the game's lifespan.

Anyway, I support your idea. Seems like it should have been obvious, but still very clever of you to bring it up in light of how difficult farming consistently is becoming, even before reaching the very highest sets of gear.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Great idea, any way we can sell useless gear for ANY amount of credits will be beneficial.
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    I think it would be a player friendly idea, because we all know farming is sometimes excruciating, if there was a junkyard opened on one of the empty tables to barter away uneccessary equipment.

An interface that would allow us to exchange extra equipment pieces for republic credits, we know how much Watto loves those, and allow us to purchase equipment we need. The ratio shouldn't be 1:1 (much, much higher), but I'd like to be able to trade in all rarity of gear and purchase pieces we need. Even if on a similar random/refresh system as the shard shop.

Seeing as we cannot even sell off useless gear any longer, we should be able to do something with them.

I'd like them to establish a craft table (or call it Watto's) where you could upgrade your gear (10 mk 1 for 1 mk 2; 10 mk 2 for one mk 3; etc.)
  • Pretty much a 10:1 trade up wouldn't accelerate getting gear but would make me feel better.

The challenge blue items might be able to be contribute to purple gear but at 100 green for 1/20 purple doesnt go very far.

It should be implemented though.
  • I had considered a poll. Then as you, @Pure_Pazaak, described, I too didnt feel like a poll would bring anything additional substance nor sustainability to the idea. Just wanted to get the idea out there.

Farming is a natural part of gaming and I am okay with taking my time to get pieces; however, there should be an avenue to recycle old parts and still feel like the effort put into farming wasn't a complete waste.

In the current state, near useless parts fill up my inventory. It would be nice to see a positive roi on purple/gold gear farming.

• RoTaNiMoD wrote: »
    Great idea, any way we can sell useless gear for ANY amount of credits will be beneficial.

This use to be a game feature. It was taken away. Not entirely sure why. I have cleared up my original post as I meant for the junkyard to be a place to trade unwanted gears for desirable gears.
    Johnnyudes wrote: »
    I'd like them to establish a craft table (or call it Watto's) where you could upgrade your gear (10 mk 1 for 1 mk 2; 10 mk 2 for one mk 3; etc.)

A lot of players would like to see this happen. I do believe this belongs on a different table than the one I'd like to see. But yes, this would also be a player friendly addition to the game.
  • Sorry, that is a better way to put it. Not so much the time that's wasted, but the allocation of resources that only allows you to attempt to roll for a sometimes wide selection of resources that are mostly useless for your most progressed characters. That's pretty common in these types of games, but it just becomes more frustrating as you go on to farm multiples of 50 of item components. All the while getting "junk" that could be used to help you progress your characters indirectly. At least when farming shards, the gear is not your main objective, and can just be looked at as a bonus given the objective of tiering up a hero. It's probably unnecessary for me to say so much, as we and others know this already and mostly accept it as part of the game. Just a shame when you know that such potential is being wasted.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • +1 to gear trade/sell shop
    +1 to MK generator to take MK1's and MK2's and form MK3's