Unlocking EP with 6* or 7* at lvl 78

I am lvl 78 now.
Probably will be 79 when event comes.
My rebell team:
Wedge (L) 6* g9
Lando 7* g9 (almost g10)
Biggs 7* g9 (almost g10) (omega on support)
Leia 7* g7 (omega on base skill)
STH 7* g9

I have only mediocre mods ( 5 tier health circles, rombs and squares and only 3-4 tear health arrows, triangles crosses). In details -> Here
The question is should I rush for 7* Wedge and g8/g9 leia to hit 7* EP. Or it is rather impossible and I should simple hit 6* Ep this event? Will it be enough for 6* Ep or not?

I have also 11 mio credits so can farm a little bit mods (unfortunately only health mods as 5 dots mods from accessible form the challenges for me now).

And in general is it a big strength difference if I get it 7* or 6*? I need it only for R2D2 event later, but I will go there only for 5* R2D2 probably anyway. Maybe 6* if I manage to farm my DS team to 6*.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Bear in mind mods didn't exist when they created this event. Level 80 and gear x was the maximum. Wedge was p2p only. You should do this.
  • You should be able to do it with G9. EP is one of the easier legendaries if I recall correctly. The last stage can get pretty RNGish and you do need some speed to overcome the Troopers - but you have a lot of fire power there.

I've never felt all that bad about not getting a 7* Legendary, and 7* R2 can help out a ton in raids, especially with that rebel squad for P4 of the Tank (not quite HAAT worthy yet, but you can do some damage in AAT with it).
  • Black_SW
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks. So I need only 7* Wege. What about Leia? Should I push her to g8 or to g9? Or g7 is enough?
    You should be able to do it with G9. EP is one of the easier legendaries if I recall correctly. The last stage can get pretty RNGish and you do need some speed to overcome the Troopers - but you have a lot of fire power there.

I've never felt all that bad about not getting a 7* Legendary, and 7* R2 can help out a ton in raids, especially with that rebel squad for P4 of the Tank (not quite HAAT worthy yet, but you can do some damage in AAT with it).
    I will not manage to get 7* on all my DS toons till R2D2 event most probably. I have them only at 5* now. So I will need to wait for next one I guess.I am f2p and not getting enough crystals daily to trush DS team for R2D2 event unfortunately.
  • I would push Leia up, yes - she's naturally fast and stealthy, but also squishy (as is Wedge). Is that what you're currently using for arena as well? If so, then the investment is well worth it. (It's also a formidable arena team when properly geared and modded at your level, even with health mods). Wedge and Biggs are great pilots. You'll frequently see early game teams with Boba Fett replaced for Leia in that lineup, which makes a lot of sense given his ability block, high speed, and dispel. Also, he's a scoundrel and needed for the all important credit heist. He also has a great ship. Leia is a requirement for the next time CLS rolls around anyway, so you won't be making a bad investment.

Just keep doing what you're doing, stay focused on a few things and take it to a logical finishing point (e.g., don't stop gearing a character one piece shy of the next gear level to chase something new and shiny). And don't forget about ships!!
  • I would push Leia up, yes - she's naturally fast and stealthy, but also squishy (as is Wedge). Is that what you're currently using for arena as well? If so, then the investment is well worth it. (It's also a formidable arena team when properly geared and modded at your level, even with health mods). Wedge and Biggs are great pilots. You'll frequently see early game teams with Boba Fett replaced for Leia in that lineup, which makes a lot of sense given his ability block, high speed, and dispel. Also, he's a scoundrel and needed for the all important credit heist. He also has a great ship. Leia is a requirement for the next time CLS rolls around anyway, so you won't be making a bad investment.

Just keep doing what you're doing, stay focused on a few things and take it to a logical finishing point (e.g., don't stop gearing a character one piece shy of the next gear level to chase something new and shiny). And don't forget about ships!!
    My team:
    Wedge (L) Biggs Lando STH and Boba. Not Leia.
    Thanks a lot for the input. About ships I have a big problem there but I guess I should open an new thread for that in order not to go offtopic here, I will do it on weekend. :)