Has anyone tried Old Ben lead with JTR?

One of the best teams right now with JT Rey is with her as lead with R2, BB8, General Kenobi and Old Ben. What if you simply switch out JTR with Old Ben as lead? Wouldn't this make the squad even more effective? You have lots of foresight being tossed around which when it expires off an attack grants the person 30%TM under old ben lead. That seems like to me the makings of a really fast squad! General Kenobi grants it with his basic and his SA, BB8 can get it 50% of the time when he is damaged, r2 gives it when he stealths everyone but a selected ally and Rey gets it every turn plus heals when it expires. Would like peoples thoughts on this squad and if you have seen it being used. R2 killed the evasion meta a long time ago, but that was just when going up against straight evasion stats (maul lead, dooku lead, old ben lead). Foresight gives you an evade 100% of the time if you aren't stunned. Am i on to something? Could this be the ideal defense squad using JTR?

Replies

• interesting. i think it might work
  • It'd probably be handy if you haven't zeta'd RJT leadership yet. Maybe I'm more offensive oriented, but I'd rather have the perks of Rey lead over a bit more tm.
  • My current squad, which has closed Rank 1 a few times is:

JTR
    BB8
    R2
    Raid Han
    Old Ben

Works pretty awesome, and I've run it since I got her.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Honestly I don’t think JTR is the best team out there, she just came out and a bunch of people dropped zetas on her and bb8 and put her in arena, making her “meta”

Nightsisters and other teams can auto JTR teams into the ground
  • @Putnam almost every team can beat most teams. Double kenobi is the best one I’ve run because it easily beats every team on offense and holds the best on defense.

In terms of using old ben at lead you’d lose lose tm loss on enemies on expose and cooldowns on abilities which helps feed ID. My shardmates describe it as R2 going wild and not getting many turns in.
  • Tuftedpaper85
    1811 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I noticed someone in my shard experimenting with this combo either yesterday or two ago (can't remember). He's since gone back to the Rey lead. I'm assuming that it's because Rey teams are fast enough as it is, and the extra crit damage/exposes is more important than extra turn meter

Edit: forgot when I first wrote this that resistance characters also gain a bunch of turn meter through hitting exposes. This alone probably negates the advantage of running an old ben lead. I do think an old ben lead could work; however, a Rey lead is much more effective
    Post edited by Tuftedpaper85 on
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Putnam wrote: »
    Honestly I don’t think JTR is the best team out there, she just came out and a bunch of people dropped zetas on her and bb8 and put her in arena, making her “meta”

I could put a bunch of resources into CUP and Mob Enforcer but that doesn't mean I can reach top of arena.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Honestly I don’t think JTR is the best team out there, she just came out and a bunch of people dropped zetas on her and bb8 and put her in arena, making her “meta”

I could put a bunch of resources into CUP and Mob Enforcer but that doesn't mean I can reach top of arena.
    Mob enforcer is now in the artwork of credit heist. I assume her meta is comming
  • Most common, and most effective are two different things.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Mob enforcer is now in the artwork of credit heist. I assume her meta is comming

Sorry, I should have added "yet" to my post.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH