Google Play account not being recognized. Please help!

Ever since this last update I have had issues starting the game. I get stuck at the Loading Cantina screen. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and that worked. However, the next time I try to play, it happens all over again. So I've simply been uninstalling, reinstalling, and playing.

This morning though I tried to play, got stuck, uninstalled, reinstalled, and it asked for my Google Play account. I closed the game and made sure I was logged into Google Play and sure enough I was. I could even see all my achievements for GoH. I opened the game again and it still asked for Google Play. So I click sign into Google Play and it acts as if I don't have an account and wants me to create a new one.

I tried signing is as a guest and went through the tutorial, finished the tutorial and clicked the gear to try and sign in that way, and it still asks for a new account.

I play on an LG G4 and can't seem to find a solution. Please help! I would absolutely hate having to start all over again, and with a different Google account to boot. I'm almost level 69. I really don't want to start over haha.

Replies

• Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    Same problem, come on EA.
  • Options
    Same problem.
    Gleiches Problem
  • Options
    Its the google play games update that causes this problem. Check the bugs and issues thread. I missed out on yesterdays game coz of this. Safe to say i wont get all the monthly rewards coz of this bug...
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    **** is going on. Where is my account? Google or ea must want to give me fat refund
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I fixed my account, thanks to Google rep. However, I'm really disappointed in...GOOGLE. WHY? Because they kept subliminally blaming CG. If I login to my free kin Google account and you lost my progress don't blame the dev.
  • Options
    J7000, care to share? Uninstalled, restarted no change.

Funny though... The problem didn't happen until a GOH patch restarted my game today and it wasn't until after the assets started downloading (15 MB remaining) that things crashed and stop working.

Funny thing... I started a NEW GoH with a different gmail account (SAME "broken" Google Play update) and everything works just fine.
  • Options
    Same problem here. But only on my tablet. I can login on my phone. So... How to fix it?
  • Options
    For anyone running into the banner.png error, please see the thread that addresses that issue specifically for possible solutions, while we (Capital Games) figure out a more elegant solution for everyone.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/11953/res-drawable-hdpi-v4-app-banner-png/p1
  • Options
    Actually solved the problem myself, the problem is not with your service but with having multiple Google accounts on the device (since they updated their Play services on the 25th). To fix this problem the user needs to remove any accounts other than the one used to connect play services for this game. After removing accounts go to the Play app and login. After logging in through Google Play services reopen the star wars app and you will have no problem restoring the data through settings. You may need to do the lengthy tutorial again before the option is available for login thru play.

Hope this helps. 
    PLAYER ID: ayIj0FOsSyelivPi50WYjg
  • Options
    MegatronDJ wrote: »
    Actually solved the problem myself, the problem is not with your service but with having multiple Google accounts on the device (since they updated their Play services on the 25th). To fix this problem the user needs to remove any accounts other than the one used to connect play services for this game. After removing accounts go to the Play app and login. After logging in through Google Play services reopen the star wars app and you will have no problem restoring the data through settings. You may need to do the lengthy tutorial again before the option is available for login thru play.

Hope this helps. 

I only have one Google Play account. :/ I wonder if creating a new one then following your advice would bypass whatever is happening and force it to read my original account.
  • Options
    For anyone running into the banner.png error, please see the thread that addresses that issue specifically for possible solutions, while we (Capital Games) figure out a more elegant solution for everyone.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/11953/res-drawable-hdpi-v4-app-banner-png/p1

As far as I know, nobody is getting that error (from this thread anyway). My game simply won't read that there is a Google Play account signed in. I've been playing under a Google Play account since I started. All of a sudden it won't recognize one logged in. I refuse to start a new one because I have already put so much time into the first one. I would very much like a fix to this.