Mod store farming

Read that mod store was better for farming speed secondaries than farming from the mod challenges.

Well after buying three 5* gold mods now from the store at around 4mil a piece, each with speed as a secondary stat, I have yet to get a single increase in a speed secondary stat.

Today's buy was crit chance triangle, four times it increased offensive % for a total of 1.4% offense increase. Even if it had increased the protection or health secondaries that were on the mod it wouldn't have been a complete loss. RNGesus hates me.

Replies

• I find that it's easier to get a blue to level up a speed secondary than a gold. 2 chances at 50% are better odds than 4 chances at 25%.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Read that mod store was better for farming speed secondaries than farming from the mod challenges.

Buying from the mod store means you know what you're getting as far as shape, primary, and secondaries. Farming means you have no idea. So it's better from that standpoint (with the trade off of much more precious resources burned). But once you have the mod, it doesn't matter where you got it. Chances to level a secondary are the same either way.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I find that it's easier to get a blue to level up a speed secondary than a gold. 2 chances at 50% are better odds than 4 chances at 25%.

Yea true.. i always buy green that have speed secondary. Blue depend on primary stat.. if it useful, will buy. Purple and gold if only my credit
    >20M, so that i won't be dissapoint much when the speed not upgrade.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's all random. There is no Better place.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It's all random. There is no Better place.

Better as far as resource management is concerned. Knowing you are at least getting a gold mod with a speed secondary opposed to dropping valuable cantina energy on mostly white mods thaight not even be 5*.
  • I'm saying it's pretty bad RNG to not upgrade a single speed secondary on three different mods but on one mod I upgraded a mostly worthless secondary four times.