Slowly droping in Arena - Need Help pls

Hello guys I need your help...

the last few weeks I was always in top 30, since friday I'm stuggling to get under rank 50.

My Team:

the main members:

(L) QGJ 5* (82/85) to 6*
Lumi 7*
Sid 7*

the ones I'm switching in and off
Mace 6*
JC 6*
Dooku 4* (44/65)
Poe 5*
Eath Koth 5* (65/85)
Luke 6*

these characters are all lvl 70 with max gear, the main characters have maxed skills too..the rest between lvl 4 and 6

currently farming on:
GW: Phasma and Pogle (I saved some points)
Cantina: Kylo
Arena: Eath Koth
Hard Modes: Dooku, JC, Anakin

Any ideas how I could fix this problem and get back to top 20?...any team suggestions?

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Stop farming Kylo immediately and start farming GS. GS is hands down the best DPS in the game.

Are you farming Eeth for the Yoda challenge? If so, I haven't seen any reports of him being in a team that successfully beat 7*. He's pretty awful outside of his fairly reliable stun on his special.

As for what you currently have:
    - QGJ leader
    - Luminara
    - Sid
    - Dooku
    - Poe

Once you get Anakin and GS to 6* they're viable enough to replace Poe and Sid.
  • Sagefire
    62 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yeah I thought about GS...but I think in the time will get him to 6/7* he will be nerfed :/...or is he just so powerful because he can get to Gear 9 ?

yes im farming Eath for the yoda challenge, I'll stop farming him when he hits 6* because with the 6* challenge I can get my 7* yoda. (have him on 5*)

ok thanks I will test this team :)

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    No they're not. After the level cap is raised he'll see a minor reduction in power due to no longer having the benefit of g9 vs everyone else's g8; but no nerf incoming. He'll still be very powerful and worth having.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    No they're not. After the level cap is raised he'll see a minor reduction in power due to no longer having the benefit of g9 vs everyone else's g8; but no nerf incoming. He'll still be very powerful and worth having.

but he'll reach Gear X with lvl 79, so wouldn't it be pretty much the same 10 lvls ahead?!
    I don't get it why they are allowing different gear lvl at all at a certain lvl cap...

• Telaan wrote: »

Careful, this is EA/CG.

Wouldn't farming GS at level 70 be a potential loss seeing that the other rewards are so low and nerfs/buffs are so prevalent? Especially when nerfs are way too strong? I'm not doing him for the above reasons. Way too many good toons in the shipments and way too low on credits and purple mats.

Sorry for the interruption @OP!
  • so 2 are against GS and 2 are for GS... ::S

I think I wont farm GS. He's just a bug and as the others already said, we don't know what the future will bring.

What about Poggle and Phasma, do I need them? From what I read I would leave Poggle at 4* or maybe 5* because he's just for his offense buff.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    GS is one of the best heroes atm. Speedy, high damage toon with assist which can one shoot almost everyone. If u choose not to farm him it's okay but u will find yourself dropping even more while people who has 7* GS goes to top 10.

Poggle has a place in everyone's team. Very versatile, can be used in arena, GW, cantina, and LS/DS missions.
  • Sagefire
    62 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    yeah maybe you are right...but with 10 shards per day I would need 33 day to get him to 7*. that's quite long xD

otherwise..a team with:

QGJ (L)
    Lumi
    GS
    Sid
    Anakin

the first focus would be GS, second and third QGJ/Lumi. So Anakins passive would procc 2 or 3 times before he would get fouced.

Could this work?
  • Reyia wrote: »
    GS is one of the best heroes atm. Speedy, high damage toon with assist which can one shoot almost everyone. If u choose not to farm him it's okay but u will find yourself dropping even more while people who has 7* GS goes to top 10.

Poggle has a place in everyone's team. Very versatile, can be used in arena, GW, cantina, and LS/DS missions.

I agree but it's gonna be way too expensive for a lvl 70 guy to farm him up. He'll lose out on QGJ, Daka to name the 2 most important toons in the shipments, mats, droids, credits etc big time. He's not a fast farm. My wife started on him way early seeing how I missed the bus and managed to 7 star him only by the time she was lvl 63 something. 2 refreshes on average. Excluding a week when she did Windu for Yoda. And she is, Imo, a very lucky person. Got Windu, Ima Gun Di, Ahsoka, Bariss and 86 from Bronziums, lol. No correlation, just throwing it out there :wink:.

If one's ready to spend crystals on refreshing more...
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Reyia wrote: »

I agree but it's gonna be way too expensive for a lvl 70 guy to farm him up. He'll lose out on QGJ, Daka to name the 2 most important toons in the shipments, mats, droids, credits etc big time. He's not a fast farm. My wife started on him way early seeing how I missed the bus and managed to 7 star him only by the time she was lvl 63 something. 2 refreshes on average. Excluding a week when she did Windu for Yoda. And she is, Imo, a very lucky person. Got Windu, Ima Gun Di, Ahsoka, Bariss and 86 from Bronziums, lol. No correlation, just throwing it out there :wink:.

I would suggest doing the 100, 200, and if u can the 400 cantina refreshes to quicken the GS acquisition. I don't see how QGJ and Daka farming will be affected. GS is in the first node of cantina and not in the shipments.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited February 2016

I would suggest doing the 100, 200, and if u can the 400 cantina refreshes to quicken the GS acquisition. I don't see how QGJ and Daka farming will be affected. GS is in the first node of cantina and not in the shipments.

Less Cantina credits. At 70,you can get 21 doing Bariss, Dooku, Kylo, JC per sim. Compared to 13 doing GS. None of them bad toons to farm too.

Normal credits are 5000 over 1000. Drop rates are much higher too according to devs and what I saw. Let's not forget the elusive purple mats.

Basically, you'll be slowing down quite a few things.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member

Less Cantina credits. At 70,you can get 21 doing Bariss, Dooku, Kylo, JC per sim. Compared to 13 doing GS. None of them bad toons to farm too.

Normal credits are 5000 over 1000. Drop rates are much higher too according to devs and what I saw. Let's not forget the elusive purple mats.

Basically, you'll be slowing down quite a few things.

Ah I see now what you meant. The thing is the OP is concerned about arena rank and Barriss/JC aren't too competitive in the arena. I haven't seen many teams with them. Dooku could be good vs Jedi teams and Kylo would be better in a Phasma lead team. GS is an all purpose hero which can fit almost any team. With future upgrade to his assist ability one turn instead of two, he would still be around at level 80.
  • I really believe Dooku has to be on everyone's roster. No better toon against the Jedi. I'm farming Bariss for Yoda. 160+ shards, holding off activating her till she can directly go to 6 or 7 stars depending on how many other Jedi are ready for the 6 star Yoda challenge. This way if I get her in a Bronzium pull, I won't lose any shards, lol. I do miss GS, I have quite a good roster but I feel his absence whenever I'm deciding on my squad. Just can't afford it as of now.
  • Reyia wrote: »

So do you think we are rich like you?

That's uncalled for. If you can means just that. If. You. Can. He's helping out a fellow gamer, what's your contribution here?
  • It's kind of sad when a bug that goes down just as easy as a droid in the movies is the most powerful toon in the game...
  • So Kylo or GS xD?
  • Since you are level 70 I would say continue farming your douku or Kylo. GS is great but it takes a month or farm him to 7*, no saying you will end up with less cantina shipments,credits. When the level cap is raised to 90, GS will not be so powerful. One more thing is who would know whether EA will nerf him by the time you get him to 7*.
  • Luke6108 wrote: »
    Since you are level 70 I would say continue farming your douku or Kylo. GS is great but it takes a month or farm him to 7*, no saying you will end up with less cantina shipments,credits. When the level cap is raised to 90, GS will not be so powerful. One more thing is who would know whether EA will nerf him by the time you get him to 7*.

GS is awesome by any measure and I sorta wish I had farmed him in the beginning because farming him details my farming of Barriss and Dooku. I'd also lose out on the ability mats and get a lot less credits per refresh. I'm farming 86 in GW because I see him do at least 80% as well as GS when I face him. But I would love to have GS.
  • I have Kylo and thought about doing gs. I'm going with Rey instead and will eventually be running phasma, Kylo, FOO, qgj and Sid
  • ok thanks guys..i will farm kylo :)
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Sagefire wrote: »
    ok thanks guys..i will farm kylo :)

GS is hands down the best DPS in this game. Kylo doesn't come close. Farm what you want though.