iOS 11 Crashes

I upgraded to iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 and ever since then, when I foreground the app, 50% of the time the game will restart.

My guess is it's running out of memory and restarting. I tried adjusting some apps in the background app refresh section but didn't seem to help.

Does anyone have any workarounds to decrease the likelihood of it restarting?

Replies

• You can go into storage settings under general , and see what each app is taking up. This game requires something as small as 90mb to download fresh, but gathers a lot of cached memory, my game gets up to over a gb of space quite quickly, so from time to time I just uninstall then install it again. Hopefully that may make some difference to you.
  • You can go into storage settings under general , and see what each app is taking up. This game requires something as small as 90mb to download fresh, but gathers a lot of cached memory, my game gets up to over a gb of space quite quickly, so from time to time I just uninstall then install it again. Hopefully that may make some difference to you.
    The issue is probably a ram issue, not something related to storage space.

I don't think it's a crash though, just the way iOS shares ram between apps on a device with limited amount of ram. My 1st gen ipad air and iphone 6s have the same issue when I switch to Safari or the Youtube app.
  • Yeah it's not storage. I have 8GB free.

Crash was probably the wrong word but yes I agree with you @Globuhl it looks like iOS is just freeing up space and when you open the game again, it has to restart to load everything.

The only problem is I have everything else killed so the game is the only app running and this still happens :(

I would expect something like this to happen on a really old device but an iPhone 7 isn't thaaat old.