R2D2 event team

Right guys I'm almost ready for the CLS event but I need advice on who to go for with my empire team for R2D2:

TFP (6 star)
Magmatrooper (6 star)
Royal Guard (5 star)
Grand Moff Tarkin (4 star)
EP (ready for event to get at 7 star)

Or

TFP
Magmatrooper
Snowtrooper (4 star)
EP
Royal Guard

I don't want to have too many to farm from the cantina, so it's about the team power and farmability before the event.

Any tips you can give that would be great

Replies

• 1st of all, unless you get R2 to 7*, you won't get CLS. So, take that into account. As for which team to build, start with the leader. The 3 reliable options are EP, Krennic, and Thrawn. Of those, EP should be the easiest. For him, you need plenty of debuffers, so Tarkin, TFP, Vader, RG, and DT should all do great work.
    I used EP (l) Tarkin Thrawn DT Vader... One if the easiest events for me.
  • No magma,
    Others are fine. Snow/RG can be substituted with Stormtrooper
  • Goodgil wrote: »
    1st of all, unless you get R2 to 7*, you won't get CLS. So, take that into account. As for which team to build, start with the leader. The 3 reliable options are EP, Krennic, and Thrawn. Of those, EP should be the easiest. For him, you need plenty of debuffers, so Tarkin, TFP, Vader, RG, and DT should all do great work.
    I used EP (l) Tarkin Thrawn DT Vader... One if the easiest events for me.

I know I need him at 7 star that's why I picked the ones I listed and my leader is going to be EP without a doubt. I have a team ready for his event (7 star).

DT just is not obtainable for me in time, same as thrawn and vader.
  • No magma,

Hey again Anakin! I know magma isn't great but he's the easiest farm to 7 stars..
  • No magma,

Hey again Anakin! I know magma isn't great but he's the easiest farm to 7 stars..

Oh hi! Well then you will have to try again and again .....and again lol still possible, but not just recommendable
    How high do you plan to gear them?
  • No magma,

Not only is Magma not great in general, but the enemy team is immune to TM removal in the last stage, and that's the main thing Magma has going for him... That's why Vader (l) isn't a good option for this event.
  • That is right so if you use Magma, be sure to gear them pretty well. like 3 of them g9 or g10 or even better
  • @Anakin_Skywalker I don't mind gearing them to gear 8/9 because this will be my team for DS battles too and once I Zeta vader it can be a good for rancor.

@Goodgil **** that's what I was counting on was the TM manipulation. Well I might have to change him out.
  • Right I'm gonna try and go for:

EP (L)
    Royal guard
    Snowtrooper
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Imperial TFP

Thanks for the advice guys.

On a side note anything special about the final stage of the EP event?
  • @ILeftNowImBlack TM gain still works. Just reduction doesn't. You have several options on how to do this, but the easiest is probably to make sure Tarkin uses his basic all the time, gaining massive amounts of potency, until his AOE is strong enough to kill the entire enemy team at one shot.
  • That's a great shout! @Goodgil
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Oh you are gonna invest rather heavily on them. Well then no for Magma again, because he is not the best character out there to invest upto g8/9

I personally did with maybe worst kind of lineup:
    Tarkin lead, TFP, Vader, RG, Stormtrooper
    RG and Storm were G8
    and TFP was G9.(for fleet uses)
    The other two were G10. Because I use them in fleet anyways.

You can use Palpatine instead of my Vader, which is a lot better actually. I recommend you to keep Tarkin and TFP.
    TFP has two uses in the event.
    1: Buff immunity on R2. So that he can't hide into smoke.
    2: Big damage on R2. When every enemies are debuffed, TFP basic hits like truck due to the nature of the ability.

Tarkin has one use mainly.
    1: Irresistible debuff on Rebel enemies: Offense down and Crit chance (damage?) down. This is so important in this event

For the other two I recommend the two tanks I used. RG and Storm. Both died about time R2 was dead for me. Saving enough time for the rest 3 men to kill r2 and the rest. 3 survived in the end.

PS: Boss R2 is immune to stun so don't waste those stuns on him! Also I can't remember but probably daze, stagger, ability block might not work on him , like raid boss
  • Is Stormtrooper really worth it? I've not seen any good reviews on him. I do have him unlocked though
  • That being said he is a cantina store farm so that works for me :)
  • PS: Boss R2 is immune to stun so don't waste those stuns on him! Also I can't remember but probably daze, stagger, ability block might not work on him , like raid boss

Not to derail the thread, but...
    I am guessing fracture works on him though? So EP(lead),GMT,thrawn, Vader,RG would probably be fine for it?
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Blizzisme wrote: »
    PS: Boss R2 is immune to stun so don't waste those stuns on him! Also I can't remember but probably daze, stagger, ability block might not work on him , like raid boss

Not to derail the thread, but...
    I am guessing fracture works on him though? So EP(lead),GMT,thrawn, Vader,RG would probably be fine for it?

Yeah fracture/deathmark work fine
  • Is Stormtrooper really worth it? I've not seen any good reviews on him. I do have him unlocked though

Not bad really. Shore & Storm is a solid tank wall