Character Strategy- Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    I would think that Vader's speed is buffed based on how many active (and buff relevant) characters are on the battlefield. That is, as opposing rebels die, his speed boosts would be reduced.

It says for the rest of the encounter, so that's not how it works.
  • Options
    I'd have to agree with annerdoon, Till the end of the encounter just means it doesn't go away right at the start like BB8, doesn't say it won't reduced as enemies die
  • Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with annerdoon, Till the end of the encounter just means it doesn't go away right at the start like BB8, doesn't say it won't reduced as enemies die

That's exactly what "until the end of encounter" means. He gains the speed at the beginning of the encounter and it stays until the end of the encounter.

"At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following..."
  • Options
    Ephran wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    I would think that Vader's speed is buffed based on how many active (and buff relevant) characters are on the battlefield. That is, as opposing rebels die, his speed boosts would be reduced.

It says for the rest of the encounter, so that's not how it works.

You're right. I missed that.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Mobewan yeah your prolly right, the way i read 'Till end of encounter' it just includes the function of gaining 8 speed per ally/enemy. So that function is present 'till the end of each encounter for each of the following: sith/empire ally, jedi/rebel enemy'. So if one ceased to exist it would not longer be included.

If it said each Sith/Empire ally, Jedi/rebel Enemy active or active at the start of the encounter. That would specify it more clearly one way or the other.

But they had to put till end of encounter to specify because some functions like BB8 unique are only at the start, i could very well be wrong
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Mullato Vader counts himself as an ally just like Wedge Unique. The theoretical max bonus is +120 speed if opponent is using all Rebel/Jedi with Ezra, Kanan and Old Ben.

Maybe... maybe not...
    When @CG_Kozispoon went thru explanation above notice that DV was left out of the calculation..
    Hiya, Nabbed a couple of questions in this thread for our design team to answer. I'll update with more when needed.

Q: If a character is both Empire and Sith or both Jedi and Rebel, does Vader's unique trigger twice for them? Basically, would he get 16 speed for Palpatine, Old Ben, Ezra and Kanan or just 8?
    • Answer: He would get the former speed bonus mentioned. Although in that example, with those combination of units, his speed bonus is actually +32 speed at level 1 of his unique ability (+4 Speed for each instance of Empire, Sith, Jedi and Rebel).

Palpatine is Empire and Sith (4 + 4 = 8 )
      Old Ben, Ezra, and Kanan are Rebel and Jedi ([4+4]+[4+4]+[4+4])=24.

Q: Zader's previous abilities stay the same I assume? The dots still cannot be cleansed?
    • Answer: The end result of his leader ability "Inspiring Through Fear" remains the same, just the progression upgrade offense numbers were tweaked to be whole numbers instead of decimal numbers.
    • His special, "Force Crush", can no longer be countered. This is available at the base level of the ability.
    • - His basic ability was boosted to deal more damage, even though the upgrade progression remains the same.
    • His special, "Culling Blade", received a 5% damage increase in upgrade 6. It replaced the -1 cooldown, which was converted to the base level of the ability (used to previously unlock at a 4 turn cooldown, and now unlocks at a 3 turn cooldown).

Q: Will either of these upgrades come with a stat increase?? The power on Vader basic was always a little low.
    • Answer: Yes, Vader's basic ability got a big damage boost as well as minor one for "Culling Blade"

Q:Vader rework- Will this Zeta slow down Zader’s ship or allow his ship to go faster?
    • Answer: His ship will gain 2 speed when completely maxed out. The new unique should only speed up his ship, not slow it down.

Q: Does Vader's immunity to turn meter reduction mean that if dazed he will still get turn meter from bonus effects?
    • No. Daze prevents Turn Meter Gain. Vader is immune to Turn Meter Removal. They hit different things, so Vader can still be affected by Daze

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    I'm still curious about why @CG_Kozispoon replied to the question that way.

The answer was in-depth and she broke it down nicely, however she decided to use his ability at level 1 instead.

Obviously i am over-thinking it.
  • Options

Special 1: FORCE CRUSH
    FINAL TEXT: (Cooldown 5)

Isn’t Force Crush already Cooldown 5?
  • Options
    Goodbye pheonix! Hello dark side! Xd
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Can we get a definitive answer if Vader counts as +16 from his unique or not?
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon how does dv's resistance to tm reduction work against asajj's leader which says tm reduction can't be resisted?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon how does dv's resistance to tm reduction work against asajj's leader which says tm reduction can't be resisted?

It’s not resistance, it’s immunity. Immunity always trumps, because resistance (which is a potency vs tenacity check) doesn’t even come into play.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Can we get a definitive answer if Vader counts as +16 from his unique or not?
    Doesn't count, otherwise he would have added + 8 speed at level 1 from Vader's tag (Empire; Sith).

Q: If a character is both Empire and Sith or both Jedi and Rebel, does Vader's unique trigger twice for them? Basically, would he get 16 speed for Palpatine, Old Ben, Ezra and Kanan or just 8?

Answer: He would get the former speed bonus mentioned. Although in that example, with those combination of units, his speed bonus is actually +32 speed at level 1 of his unique ability (+4 Speed for each instance of Empire, Sith, Jedi and Rebel).

Palpatine is Empire and Sith (4 + 4 = 8 )
    Old Ben, Ezra, and Kanan are Rebel and Jedi ([4+4]+[4+4]+[4+4])=24.

• Options
    Do we know what part of the "no escape" is enabled by a zeta? I mean, do we know about level 7 "no escape"?
  • Options
    Globuhl wrote: »
    Do we know what part of the "no escape" is enabled by a zeta? I mean, do we know about level 7 "no escape"?

No but we know level 1 gives +4 speed for each of the conditions. We also know that its maxed out at +8 speed so a maximum of 4 levels can upgrade it, meaning the other levels must upgrade something else, presumably the healing per DoT expired. I would expect immunity to TM reduction and possibly some speed and healing percentage points will be part of the zeta upgrade.
  • sL4sh
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The french version of Vader's Unique is such a ****...
    Whoever is earning money for this job has absolutely no consideration for the game or even SW universe... Just ask yourself one second when you hear about Vader's jedi and rebels allies...
    French version says something like :
    "At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each ally : Empire, Sith, Jedi, Rebel. (...)"
  • Gheyst1214
    205 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    One of the most powerful Dark Jedi in the galaxy will soon have upgraded abilities and new abilities.

UNIT NAME: Darth Vader
    ALIGNMENT: Dark
    CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Sith, Empire, Attacker

ABILITIES:
    Changes are colored green

Basic: TERRIFYING SWING
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn. Jedi and Rebel targets cannot Evade or Resist the effects of this attack.

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Speed Down and 3 Damage Over Time effects for 2 turns. This attack can't be Countered. (Cooldown 5)

Unique: No Escape
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire ally, Sith ally, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy. Darth Vader is immune to Turn Meter Reduction and recovers 5% Health when a Damage Over Time effect on an enemy expires.

Hey @CG_Kozispoon the update didn’t add the “and rebel” part to terrifying swing
  • Options
    Does anyone know exactly what was the damage boost given to Vader's basic?
  • Options
    They didn't say, bust that it was boosted, culling blade got +5% base dmg
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    One of the most powerful Dark Jedi in the galaxy will soon have upgraded abilities and new abilities.

UNIT NAME: Darth Vader
    ALIGNMENT: Dark
    CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Sith, Empire, Attacker

ABILITIES:
    Changes are colored green

Basic: TERRIFYING SWING
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn. Jedi and Rebel targets cannot Evade or Resist the effects of this attack.

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Speed Down and 3 Damage Over Time effects for 2 turns. This attack can't be Countered. (Cooldown 5)

Unique: No Escape
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire ally, Sith ally, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy. Darth Vader is immune to Turn Meter Reduction and recovers 5% Health when a Damage Over Time effect on an enemy expires.

Hey @CG_Kozispoon the update didn’t add the “and rebel” part to terrifying swing

We're aware and responded in the Game Update mega. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Globuhl wrote: »

No but we know level 1 gives +4 speed for each of the conditions. We also know that its maxed out at +8 speed so a maximum of 4 levels can upgrade it, meaning the other levels must upgrade something else, presumably the healing per DoT expired. I would expect immunity to TM reduction and possibly some speed and healing percentage points will be part of the zeta upgrade.

Well... I guess not. I thought the speed was the best part. Is the rest worth a zeta?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Why does Vader do his basic now after force crush?
  • Options
    I tested it and Vader does gain 16 speed from his own sith and empire tags.
  • Options
    Unique vader zeta is bug. He still get TMR from RJT mindtrick :weary:
  • AndyCola
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Post edited by AndyCola on
  • Options
    Anyone noticed the big increase in damage on Vader's basic? He still seems to hit like a wet noodle to me.
  • Options
    9Fingers wrote: »
    Anyone noticed the big increase in damage on Vader's basic? He still seems to hit like a wet noodle to me.

Increase is by 5% base dmg. Around 120 dmg increase. Hard to notice
  • Options
    The 5% increase was for culling blade - his basic was supposed to get a large damage increase.
  • Dblade21
    168 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Deleted, alr eady answered
  • Options
    Does Vader get 8 speed per tag?

Like, if he's fighting a Phoenix team (Hera, Kannan, Ezra, Zeb, Chopper) does he get +56 for them since Ezra and Kannan are Jedi AND Rebels?

Also, does he get double bonus for himself and Emperor?

I don't think I've seen a definitive answer.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.