Character Strategy- Emperor Palpatine

Replies

• So, who's the better leader; Zader or zEP (assuming I'm running GMT, RG & TFP)
  • Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the rework. The only thing I would say I would’ve liked to see is an addition to a boss version of shock, like there is with Thrawn’s fracture. Palp right now isn’t really useful against a lot of the raid components.
  • Bakhtosh wrote: »
    What happens to Ezra and Old Ben if they have Jedi & Rebel tags? Do they take double damage?

For crackling doom? Yes and triple if they are shocked

And at the beginning of their turn they suddenly drop to 1 HP.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    XiXiS wrote: »
    Bakhtosh wrote: »
    What happens to Ezra and Old Ben if they have Jedi & Rebel tags? Do they take double damage?

For crackling doom? Yes and triple if they are shocked

And at the beginning of their turn they suddenly drop to 1 HP.

or their allies turn.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon can u explain the update to Shock? It looks no different.

Thanks!

It used to deal special damage at the end of Palps turn. It now does 20% of max health (presumably more damage) at the start of their turn.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    t0neg0d wrote: »

Thanks!

It used to deal special damage at the end of Palps turn. It now does 20% of max health (presumably more damage) at the start of their turn.

at the start of each enemy turn, they take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health
    Not just their own turn, but each enemy turn.
  • leef wrote: »

Thanks!

at the start of each enemy turn, they take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health

I think you are mistaken.
    At the start of "each enemy" turn, "they take damage" means "each enemy" takes damage at the start of his turn.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Mobewan wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Thanks!

I think you are mistaken.
    At the start of "each enemy" turn, "they take damage" means "each enemy" takes damage at the start of his turn.

I guess it's open for interpretation. The way you read it would make it a whole lot less OP, so you're probably right.
  • Thank you for Palp & Vader.

I look forward to getting trashed by DS teams in Arena, but that is only how it should be against such legendary opponents.
  • Not for one minute begrudging the darksiders their time in the light (you see what I did there haha) but seriously what about the Jedi.

For a faction who where the the guardians of peace and heroes of the galaxy for thousands of years they are very....aenemic.

GM Yodas rework should speffingtacular. Looking forward to it
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Still seems pretty meh.. that nerf to his "let the hate flow" is just ridiculous, as is the max prot gain save for Krennic lead (would be OP AF is they didnt make him unable to crit via the hoss unique....)
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    anonidude wrote: »
    For a faction who where the the guardians of peace and heroes of the galaxy for thousands of years they are very....aenemic.
    Apparently the kids who have had basically a day of training at best, (cls, JTR), are better at wielding a lightsaber and using the force...
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the rework. The only thing I would say I would’ve liked to see is an addition to a boss version of shock, like there is with Thrawn’s fracture. Palp right now isn’t really useful against a lot of the raid components.

Powercreep has trivialized both raids anyway. He can fit in well for damage in a zader team in rancour.

There's already Palpatine teams that can solo phase 3 haat before this.
    anonidude wrote: »
    Not for one minute begrudging the darksiders their time in the light (you see what I did there haha) but seriously what about the Jedi.

GM Yodas rework should speffingtacular. Looking forward to it

While I agree that some Jedi reworks are necessary (like Vader GMY really is crying out for a unique) the fact even before this empire and Sith were the best two dark side factions means that they really needed this. Jedi could do with a rework but there are many other light side teams that can do a job for you in various aspects of the game.

A Jedi rework would be a good thing but it's not needed the same way this was.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya, Nabbed a couple of questions from both character strategy thread for our team to answer. I'll update with more when needed.

Q: Palpatine. Did his Let the Hate Flow lose the ability to refresh the Shock duration on enemies?
    • Answer: Yes, Let the Hate Flow no longer refreshes Shock. This was done because of balance reasons regarding the interplay with the Zeta ability of his leader, "Crackling Doom", which grants Palpatine +5% Max Protection each time he inflicts shock and lasts until the end of the encounter.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Sorry if it’s already been asked but does the change to shock apply to Dooku’s shock as well?
  • peteyb22 wrote: »
    Sorry if it’s already been asked but does the change to shock apply to Dooku’s shock as well?

What change to shock?
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    peteyb22 wrote: »
    Sorry if it’s already been asked but does the change to shock apply to Dooku’s shock as well?

What change to shock?

Oh, maybe I have forgotten what shock was, but I thought since it was in green it was changed. I thought that the wording has changed and it now says can't gain health (as opposed to immune to healing effects), which I was assuming means it will prevent players from gaining health from health equalization.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

What change to shock?

Oh, maybe I have forgotten what shock was, but I thought since it was in green it was changed. I thought that the wording has changed and it now says can't gain health (as opposed to immune to healing effects), which I was assuming means it will prevent players from gaining health from health equalization.

Previously Palpatine's ability didn't define shock but the definition of shock is the same as it was previously.
  • Naraic wrote: »

What change to shock?

Previously Palpatine's ability didn't define shock but the definition of shock is the same as it was previously.

Where is shock defined at the moment? Are we sure the wording hasn't changed?
  • I'm excited to try him out!

Also, please please please, hire or contract a technical writer for future character releases and reworks. It would help to circumvent the pages of clarification questions that get asked, and generally not answered, with every update.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

What change to shock?

No where other than selecting someone who is shocked.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »

What change to shock?

No where other than selecting someone who is shocked.

Yep... you can touch-and-hold the buffs/defuffs during a battle to read their descriptions.
  • So... correct me if im wrong, but thanks to his leader zeta, is palp now a counter to cleanse?
  • These updates are awesome! I honestly didn't think it would be possible to dethrone CLS without the release of a newer OP character. DS looks like it's gonna be fun AND viable for a while!
  • Is there any change in Stats for Papa Palp? I know Kozi said that Vader had some increased base damage on his Basic and Culling Blade so just wondering
  • These updates are awesome! I honestly didn't think it would be possible to dethrone CLS without the release of a newer OP character. DS looks like it's gonna be fun AND viable for a while!

In case you didn't notice, and are actually being serious (I'm honestly not really sure)... CLS was already dethroned by a new OP character: Rey. And neither Vader's nor EP's reworks have much direct counter to Resistance, only Rebels and Jedi.
    These updates are awesome! I honestly didn't think it would be possible to dethrone CLS without the release of a newer OP character. DS looks like it's gonna be fun AND viable for a while!

In case you didn't notice, and are actually being serious (I'm honestly not really sure)... CLS was already dethroned by a new OP character: Rey. And neither Vader's nor EP's reworks have much direct counter to Resistance, only Rebels and Jedi.

Yeah, I see nothing here that makes me think there is an arena impact. These two just got better for TW, which is great, but this isn’t earth shattering I don’t think (we said the same thing about JTR though).
  • Excelent! Thank you devs.
    These updates are awesome! I honestly didn't think it would be possible to dethrone CLS without the release of a newer OP character. DS looks like it's gonna be fun AND viable for a while!

They are probably saving the resistance counter for the release of Snoke