Character Strategy- Emperor Palpatine

Replies

• wondering about health steal up of EP.
    does it work with DN L ? the health steal will be THAT huge ?
  • ewqewqc wrote: »
    wondering about health steal up of EP.

If its the same as the Lifesteal buff in Secrets and Shadows then it'll be a 20% increase on Lifesteal... Not sure if that makes much difference on a zNihilus team

Sith are immune from all other healing effects under DN lead so I would imagine it will have no effect at all.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Haven't seen this commented on yet...but now, his aoe stun grants all allies offense up instead of his heal skill doing it. This gives his allies Offense Up a turn sooner than normal since stun is your typical opener.
  • Great work form the dev team for listening to the players and coming up with an absolute awesome rework excellent work
    Sith are immune from all other healing effects under DN lead so I would imagine it will have no effect at all.

But that’s the effect they aren’t immune to. I’d assume it works, but it won’t be that big of a deal for them.

They are immune to healing effects that aren't lifesteal, so Palp would work with that.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    ewqewqc wrote: »

They are immune to healing effects that aren't lifesteal, so Palp would work with that.

Palpatine gives all allies health steal up with a special. With DN lead all Sith are immune to healing effects that aren't health steal.

Why would Palpatine's health steal up not work??
  • Dark_Helmet152
    529 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I think it will work. I misread/misinterpreted it as sith were immune to all healing aside from the health steal from DN leadership.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    These updates are awesome! I honestly didn't think it would be possible to dethrone CLS without the release of a newer OP character. DS looks like it's gonna be fun AND viable for a while!

In case you didn't notice, and are actually being serious (I'm honestly not really sure)... CLS was already dethroned by a new OP character: Rey. And neither Vader's nor EP's reworks have much direct counter to Resistance, only Rebels and Jedi.

They are probably saving the resistance counter for the release of Snoke

The RJT counter is already out...NS blow them out the water pretty good.
  • ...when he inflicts Shock, he gains 5% Max Protection until the end of the encounter.

Is this stacking? And if so- is the stack removed when Shock is dispelled?
  • Moroveus wrote: »
    ...when he inflicts Shock, he gains 5% Max Protection until the end of the encounter.

Is this stacking? And if so- is the stack removed when Shock is dispelled?

The way it reads, it is stacking and the stacks are never removed.
  • Do we know when this update goes active?
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Though i liked the REwork.It could have been even better if they had advantage over all the light side(other than Jedi/Rebel).Could have been a great counter to JTR Teams as well..CLS is almost gone from the top 20-50 in most of the mature shard and now we have a gr8 counter to him in Palp.

Dear Devs please see if you can change Palp Leader and Unique to affect all Light Side Toons..
  • What does it mean when Palpatine is active? Like when he's stunned or fractured (or dead of course), he's not active?
  • A character is 'active' when it's on the battlefield.
  • MelanieZ wrote: »
    What does it mean when Palpatine is active? Like when he's stunned or fractured (or dead of course), he's not active?

Active - not defeated. If something happens after he's defeated and before he revives, that doesn't count.
  • Oh boy, I hope this happens AFTER the upcoming Emperor's Demise event, as I was hoping to 7* him this time, which will be MUCH more difficult if this is active.
  • 2 Questions:

1) What is the timing of the damage for EP Unique Ability? Does he deal damage before DOTS/Plague or after?

2) Just for confirmation, the damage is set as 20% of enemy max health, but it does not bypass protection and damage Health directly right?
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Huatimus wrote: »
    2 Questions:

1) What is the timing of the damage for EP Unique Ability? Does he deal damage before DOTS/Plague or after?

2) Just for confirmation, the damage is set as 20% of enemy max health, but it does not bypass protection and damage Health directly right?

For 2. Watching the clips protection was going down first. So no bypass.
    Shame it would of made savage/SAssas/strooper team great.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Cute rework ... of both ... EP and Vader ... maybe they will be a better help in DS TB now, but outside of this they will still get eaten by NS.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Achilles wrote: »
    Cute rework ... of both ... EP and Vader ... maybe they will be a better help in DS TB now, but outside of this they will still get eaten by NS.

I don't get how they will be eaten by NS teams. Empire is already feasting on NS teams with shoretrooper healing up from plague and then using aoe to down them all. Now with healthsteal to everyone from palp and even better aoe it just seems even less likely that NS will dominate the arena.
    I for one am glad we got a pair of scissors to the the rock(RJT) and paper(NS) situation we have in arena now.
    Thank you CG!
  • SkeleTom wrote: »
    Achilles wrote: »

I don't get how they will be eaten by NS teams. Empire is already feasting on NS teams with shoretrooper healing up from plague and then using aoe to down them all. Now with healthsteal to everyone from palp and even better aoe it just seems even less likely that NS will dominate the arena.
    I for one am glad we got a pair of scissors to the the rock(RJT) and paper(NS) situation we have in arena now.
    Thank you CG!

You can already beat ns with cls lead, gk lead and troopers. This is a long overdue rework of Vader and palpy, but we hardly needed a fourth pair of scissors.
  • Achilles wrote: »

I'm guessing you didn't watch any of the videos. Nightsister fell faster than ANY of the meta teams they showed these reworks against.

Hot knife through butter, so to speak.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • No one is quite sure what the META is anymore and perhaps there isn't one.
    I for one think it is great. In my Arena top 25 we have NS (including mine), JTR, CLS, Rex and the odd FO/trooper teams. It may be a refection of the age of my shard (circa 18 months ago I believe) but throw in some Empire/Sith teams following this new rework and what is likely still to come on Sith and I believe the Arena will be more varied than ever.

3 months ago it was CLS,CLS,CLS,CLS oh and for good measure...........CLS!
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Maybe your shard still plays with thin zombies, then all you need is veers, shore and snow.
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Achilles wrote: »

I'm guessing you didn't watch any of the videos. Nightsister fell faster than ANY of the meta teams they showed these reworks against.

Hot knife through butter, so to speak.
    I saw one of it ... i saw palp stunning the entire team ... how often have you seen palp stunning all 5 opponents? i dont want to know, how often they retried to get that 2-sec-scene done. Also i havnt seen the NS' mods ... i doubt any NS on my shard would go after palp. the ns here got 240+ speed +30 from their leader ... show me how this palp was 270+ speed. i might take a look in the other vids later, i cant watch then from here in the hope, to find the point on where it destroys (good) ns teams
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • No Palp synergic rework for Royal Guard? You left out a great opportunity here...

As for let the hate flow, what does Steal Health Up do? I dont see it used at all in the videos
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Teweedo wrote: »
    No Palp synergic rework for Royal Guard? You left out a great opportunity here...

Palpatine has a mass stun. Royal guard can stun anyone the mass stun misses. That's a synergy. Synergy doesn't need to be direct mentioned in the abilities to work.

Whenever a debuffs expires empire and Sith allies get 5% turn meter. Royal guard is an empire ally and debuffs. That's a synergy.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Teweedo wrote: »
    No Palp synergic rework for Royal Guard? You left out a great opportunity here...

Palpatine has a mass stun. Royal guard can stun anyone the mass stun misses. That's a synergy. Synergy doesn't need to be direct mentioned in the abilities to work.

Whenever a debuffs expires empire and Sith allies get 5% turn meter. Royal guard is an empire ally and debuffs. That's a synergy.

While true, they should have done something more. Like, "if Emperor is present Royal Guard taunts." Something simple like that. It would make Royal Guard usable again and give the wanted synergy I'm assuming he's asking for.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.