Character Strategy- Emperor Palpatine

Replies

• And/or: If Palpatine is attacked and takes damage, Royal guard absorbs a portion of the damage. Or if Emperor takes damage from an attack Royal Guard counters with a basic.

Any of those would make Royal Guard viable again.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Teweedo wrote: »
    No Palp synergic rework for Royal Guard? You left out a great opportunity here...

Palpatine has a mass stun. Royal guard can stun anyone the mass stun misses. That's a synergy. Synergy doesn't need to be direct mentioned in the abilities to work.

Whenever a debuffs expires empire and Sith allies get 5% turn meter. Royal guard is an empire ally and debuffs. That's a synergy.

The TM is Empire synergy, not Palp/RG. The stun is not synergy, thats just two alike ability... The RG needed some love, that was the chance to do it and to showcase that it's Palp's personal Elite guard.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    And/or: If Palpatine is attacked and takes damage, Royal guard absorbs a portion of the damage. Or if Emperor takes damage from an attack Royal Guard counters with a basic.

Any of those would make Royal Guard viable again.

Exactly.

This coupled with Palp rework would have been pretty useful. Not onpar with Shore but at least viable.
  • Teweedo wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »
    Teweedo wrote: »
    No Palp synergic rework for Royal Guard? You left out a great opportunity here...

Palpatine has a mass stun. Royal guard can stun anyone the mass stun misses. That's a synergy. Synergy doesn't need to be direct mentioned in the abilities to work.

Whenever a debuffs expires empire and Sith allies get 5% turn meter. Royal guard is an empire ally and debuffs. That's a synergy.

The TM is Empire synergy, not Palp/RG. The stun is not synergy, thats just two alike ability... The RG needed some love, that was the chance to do it and to showcase that it's Palp's personal Elite guard.
    Agree, RG needs a rework in general. He was once prominent in arena but basically worthless since the protection update. His taunt needs to be reworked badly.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    RG? RG was literally useless for guarding the Emperor from Yoda's infiltration. They had one job... and failed.
  • Teweedo
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    RG? RG was literally useless for guarding the Emperor from Yoda's infiltration. They had one job... and failed.

It was kitten Yoda ! Nobody save for a handful of people in the galaxy were a match for Yoda back then.

Your post was probably humorous but still, the RG are pretty iconic for non-main characters.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Of the three new zetas, is Crackling Doom considered the best and one we should do first?
  • I only wish Palps leadership zeta also granted 5% TM when debuffs were resisted. If Palp becomes meta, tenacity up will crush it.
  • I only wish Palps leadership zeta also granted 5% TM when debuffs were resisted. If Palp becomes meta, tenacity up will crush it.

Not likely, Imperial Probe Droid has a AoE dispel and on top of that Empire has thrawn's fracture and dispell...
  • Is Palp going to made STRONGER?! I had to go to a Zavage lead to cover my siths from Han! And I had to remove Palp from my sith team has if Han hits Palp first he Destroys Palp even under a Zavage lead. So what good are these upgrades if Han hits my Palp first?! If Palp is made more durable and can take the hit from Han then these upgrades are awesome!! I have a g12 palp with 26% armor and 33% resis and 2 g12 pieces, still not enough to withstand Han! A upgrade on Vader countering Han would have been Awesome!! Please tell me palp is gonna be made more durable as well!
  • Dark_Helmet152
    529 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    zRUMPLE wrote: »
    Is Palp going to made STRONGER?! I had to go to a Zavage lead to cover my siths from Han! And I had to remove Palp from my sith team has if Han hits Palp first he Destroys Palp even under a Zavage lead. So what good are these upgrades if Han hits my Palp first?! If Palp is made more durable and can take the hit from Han then these upgrades are awesome!! I have a g12 palp with 26% armor and 33% resis and 2 g12 pieces, still not enough to withstand Han! A upgrade on Vader countering Han would have been Awesome!! Please tell me palp is gonna be made more durable as well!

+50% protection and +5% max protection when he inflicts shock in his unique now.
  • zRUMPLE
    11 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    zRUMPLE wrote: »
    Is Palp going to made STRONGER?! I had to go to a Zavage lead to cover my siths from Han! And I had to remove Palp from my sith team has if Han hits Palp first he Destroys Palp even under a Zavage lead. So what good are these upgrades if Han hits my Palp first?! If Palp is made more durable and can take the hit from Han then these upgrades are awesome!! I have a g12 palp with 26% armor and 33% resis and 2 g12 pieces, still not enough to withstand Han! A upgrade on Vader countering Han would have been Awesome!! Please tell me palp is gonna be made more durable as well!

+50% protection and +5% max protection when he inflicts shock in his unique now.

Well see! ;)
    Post edited by zRUMPLE on
  • MaulVI
    45 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hiya, Nabbed a couple of questions from both character strategy thread for our team to answer. I'll update with more when needed.

Q: Palpatine. Did his Let the Hate Flow lose the ability to refresh the Shock duration on enemies?
    • Answer: Yes, Let the Hate Flow no longer refreshes Shock. This was done because of balance reasons regarding the interplay with the Zeta ability of his leader, "Crackling Doom", which grants Palpatine +5% Max Protection each time he inflicts shock and lasts until the end of the encounter.

Balance reasons???
    Have you ever heard of Commander Luke Skywalker or Jedi Training Rey? You guys through balance out the door as soon as you released CLS, but the one darkside toon that should be extremely overpowered you guys nerf by removing his shock refresh, what?
  • So you have Palpatine and Vader both maxed out and 1 zeta ready to go, who gets it?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    DasMurich wrote: »
    So you have Palpatine and Vader both maxed out and 1 zeta ready to go, who gets it?

an LS character. ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • DasMurich wrote: »
    So you have Palpatine and Vader both maxed out and 1 zeta ready to go, who gets it?

Who are you running them with?
  • Achilles wrote: »
    Maybe your shard still plays with thin zombies, then all you need is veers, shore and snow.
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Achilles wrote: »
    Cute rework ... of both ... EP and Vader ... maybe they will be a better help in DS TB now, but outside of this they will still get eaten by NS.

I'm guessing you didn't watch any of the videos. Nightsister fell faster than ANY of the meta teams they showed these reworks against.

Hot knife through butter, so to speak.
    I saw one of it ... i saw palp stunning the entire team ... how often have you seen palp stunning all 5 opponents? i dont want to know, how often they retried to get that 2-sec-scene done. Also i havnt seen the NS' mods ... i doubt any NS on my shard would go after palp. the ns here got 240+ speed +30 from their leader ... show me how this palp was 270+ speed. i might take a look in the other vids later, i cant watch then from here in the hope, to find the point on where it destroys (good) ns teams
    my top 5 zaul lead ( yes im one of the two maybe left ;-))on a 2016 shard makes my existing palp and zdn both go faster than 270 and with rework my vader can be around 370 ;-). note with just a 100 sp set on.
    so many great synergies but ill walk to p1 with just a palp or vader reword but both its going to be so easy.

• Don't know but I've got a lot of options. Those 2 plus DN? Savage? Thrawn? Shore? I was even thinking maybe add Talzin in there (7* double zeta) and see if plague played nice with Palpatine draining health on Jedi and Rebels? I wonder how Palp and Talzin might work with DN zeta unique and Savage? Vader's DOTs?

I don't know, thus the question.

Who are you running them with?

• Darth_Morpheus7
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I think it's still missing putting the "Shock debuff" as not removed and copied.
    Post edited by Darth_Morpheus7 on
  • I thought Kylo was due for dev up ?
  • MaulVI wrote: »
    Hiya, Nabbed a couple of questions from both character strategy thread for our team to answer. I'll update with more when needed.

Q: Palpatine. Did his Let the Hate Flow lose the ability to refresh the Shock duration on enemies?
    • Answer: Yes, Let the Hate Flow no longer refreshes Shock. This was done because of balance reasons regarding the interplay with the Zeta ability of his leader, "Crackling Doom", which grants Palpatine +5% Max Protection each time he inflicts shock and lasts until the end of the encounter.

Balance reasons???
    Have you ever heard of Commander Luke Skywalker or Jedi Training Rey? You guys through balance out the door as soon as you released CLS, but the one darkside toon that should be extremely overpowered you guys nerf by removing his shock refresh, what?

This is so true! It appears the "balance" becomes a concern only for Dark Side..
  • UNIT NAME: Emperor Palpatine
    ALIGNMENT: Dark
    CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Sith, Empire, Support

ABILITIES:
    Changes are colored green

Basic: LIGHTNING STRIKE
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and Shock them for 3 turns. Then, Palpatine gains 15% Turn Meter for each Shocked enemy. Shock: Can't gain Health, Buffs, or bonus Turn Meter.

Special 1: The Power of the Dark Side
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to all enemies with a 70% chance to Stun them for 1 turn. Shocked enemies are Stunned for 2 turns and have their Shock dispelled. All allies gain Offense Up for 2 turns. (Cooldown 4)

Special 2: Let the Hate Flow
    FINAL TEXT: All other units lose 5% Health and Palptine recovers Health equal to 150% the total amount lost. Palpatine gains 50% Turn Meter for each Shocked enemy. All allies gain Health Steal Up for 1 turn. (Cooldown 3)

Leader: Emperor of the Galactic Empire
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Empire and Sith allies have +35% Potency and 35% Max Health. Jedi and Rebel enemies have -35% Potency and -35% Evasion. When an Empire ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they gain 20% Turn Meter. When a Sith ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they recover 20% Health. When a debuff on an enemy expires, Empire and Sith allies gain 5% Turn Meter.

Unique: Crackling Doom
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) While Palpatine is active, at the start of each enemy turn, they take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health for each of the following: they are Shocked; they are a Jedi; they are a Rebel. This damage can't defeat enemies. Palpatine has +50% Max Protection, and, when he inflicts Shock, he gains 5% Max Protection until the end of the encounter.
    Bakhtosh wrote: »
    What happens to Ezra and Old Ben if they have Jedi & Rebel tags? Do they take double damage?

@CG_Kozispoon , We need official answer for this one... TQ !

• UNIT NAME: Emperor Palpatine
    ALIGNMENT: Dark
    CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Sith, Empire, Support

ABILITIES:
    Changes are colored green

Basic: LIGHTNING STRIKE
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and Shock them for 3 turns. Then, Palpatine gains 15% Turn Meter for each Shocked enemy. Shock: Can't gain Health, Buffs, or bonus Turn Meter.

Special 1: The Power of the Dark Side
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to all enemies with a 70% chance to Stun them for 1 turn. Shocked enemies are Stunned for 2 turns and have their Shock dispelled. All allies gain Offense Up for 2 turns. (Cooldown 4)

Special 2: Let the Hate Flow
    FINAL TEXT: All other units lose 5% Health and Palptine recovers Health equal to 150% the total amount lost. Palpatine gains 50% Turn Meter for each Shocked enemy. All allies gain Health Steal Up for 1 turn. (Cooldown 3)

Leader: Emperor of the Galactic Empire
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Empire and Sith allies have +35% Potency and 35% Max Health. Jedi and Rebel enemies have -35% Potency and -35% Evasion. When an Empire ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they gain 20% Turn Meter. When a Sith ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they recover 20% Health. When a debuff on an enemy expires, Empire and Sith allies gain 5% Turn Meter.

Unique: Crackling Doom
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) While Palpatine is active, at the start of each enemy turn, they take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health for each of the following: they are Shocked; they are a Jedi; they are a Rebel. This damage can't defeat enemies. Palpatine has +50% Max Protection, and, when he inflicts Shock, he gains 5% Max Protection until the end of the encounter.
    Bakhtosh wrote: »
    What happens to Ezra and Old Ben if they have Jedi & Rebel tags? Do they take double damage?

@CG_Kozispoon , We need official answer for this one... TQ !

Dude, it's worded very clearly and has been answered like twice on each page of this very thread.

Yes
  • When someone dies with debuffs are the considered expired?
  • Creepioo wrote: »
    When someone dies with debuffs are the considered expired?

Good question. I don't think so though.
  • Achilles wrote: »
    Maybe your shard still plays with thin zombies, then all you need is veers, shore and snow.
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Achilles wrote: »
    Cute rework ... of both ... EP and Vader ... maybe they will be a better help in DS TB now, but outside of this they will still get eaten by NS.

I'm guessing you didn't watch any of the videos. Nightsister fell faster than ANY of the meta teams they showed these reworks against.

Hot knife through butter, so to speak.
    I saw one of it ... i saw palp stunning the entire team ... how often have you seen palp stunning all 5 opponents? i dont want to know, how often they retried to get that 2-sec-scene done. Also i havnt seen the NS' mods ... i doubt any NS on my shard would go after palp. the ns here got 240+ speed +30 from their leader ... show me how this palp was 270+ speed. i might take a look in the other vids later, i cant watch then from here in the hope, to find the point on where it destroys (good) ns teams
    my top 5 zaul lead ( yes im one of the two maybe left ;-))on a 2016 shard makes my existing palp and zdn both go faster than 270 and with rework my vader can be around 370 ;-). note with just a 100 sp set on.
    so many great synergies but ill walk to p1 with just a palp or vader reword but both its going to be so easy.

I have a 117 speed set waiting for vader lol
  • leef wrote: »

an LS character. ;)
    ... or a generic, nameless pilot-character.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ...or with Thrawn.

Forgot it. It stay limited IMO. I'm not crying, i just search just what i don't see through that.
    He is just more effective only against Jedi/rebels.

Which right now most top 10 arena teams are rebels.
  • Ghostdogg wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ...or with Thrawn.

Forgot it. It stay limited IMO. I'm not crying, i just search just what i don't see through that.

They are? Rebels are gone from my shard, outside of R2.
  • Ghostdogg wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ...or with Thrawn.

They are? Rebels are gone from my shard, outside of R2.

Same here excep for CLS. It is Mostly Jedi Rey/ bb8 /r2/ +2