Character Strategy- Emperor Palpatine

12346Next

Replies

• RacerDejak wrote: »
    EP's basic description is wrong. It should say "(small) chance to shock".
    Also, can the rework be undone? After this huge nerf, EP is so bad that it has broken my empire team.

U need high potency mod. Mine at 110% potency. But it's not guarantee always shock. Need to remind u, there is new chars that can boost tenacity to 100% (plus their tenacity stat). Like cls learn control zeta, ebb n flow zeta thrawn, etc etc

I didn't need high potency before the update. And I'm obviously not talking about tenacity up (like GMYoda, Rex, Chirrut...). On the exact same conditions as before the update, shock rarely happens. For example, before the update, I shocked Royal Guard to prevent her auto-taunt, now I have to kill her first because I can't shock her (on the same teams).

Yea i notice that. After update, i use chirpatine in haat p3, his shock doesn't stick like before. No mods change. U maybe onto something here..
  • Merovingen wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon what`s wrong with Palp unique??? Text says "at the start of EACH enemy turn..." So i expected that it will work as Chirrut unique but for enemy turns. But it works so bad now! Even worse than before rework. That makes Palp so weak, he can`t damage at all. I tested his unique on GW and i`ve been so dissapointed...
    How it should work (leading to unique text):
    Enemies have team Boba, Vader, Mace and old Ben. You attack Vader and he gets Shock ability. Boba is next to play, at the start of his turn Vader and Mace take damage 20% of max hp, and Old Ben takes 40%. On Vader turn he and Mace takes 20%, Old Ben 40%. At the Ben next turn, he takes 40%, Mace and Vader 20%. So We have 60% damage from 4 turns for Mace and Vader and 120% Damage for Old Ben
    What we have now:
    Boba is next to play, at the start of his turn nothing happens. On Vader turn he atakes 20%. At the Ben next turn, he takes 40%. So We have 20% damage for Vader and 40% Damage for Old Ben.
    40% for Old Ben on average characteristics (30k HP and 80k protection) is 12000. After his turn he has 30k HP and 68k protection. It` soooooo looooow for current meta, it can work only on DSTB and not playable for arena.
    p.s. make NS great again. Good rework, thank you

Lol what? Are you forgetting that passive damage is IN ADDITION to Palp's actual attacks? The way you want it to work pretty much guarantees all Rebel/Jedi will be by the time the opponent gets approx. 10-15 turns without you even having to touch them. People thought for a long time DN was OP because he could one shot a character in about 5 turns and you want Palp to essentially be able to wipe entire teams in the time DN would possibly working out his second annihilate? No thanks...terrible idea.

Besides...you complain about it working on opponents turn, but there are times where that is actually advantageous. Let's just say for example your opponents CLS is faster than your EP...he hits EP and removes 100% TM, then goes again before EP and puts speed down on him. By the time your EP gets 1 turn in that situation, most of your opponents toons would have already had two turns and where applicable would have taken passive damage twice, where as should the damage apply on EP turn instead the passive would have done nothing. I'm not denying there are situations where it would be better if worked on EP's turn...but just saying...this change isn't a total loss and there are times where it will work in your advantage.

EP's passive damage is pretty much an AOE that can't be countered or dodged. Let's look at JKA just for comparison...his actual AOE might just randomly miss due to RNG, it might miss due to foresight, will hit for <12k if you don't crit, plus he potentially exposes himself, and most arena teams have some capacity for counter attacks so you'll get the privilege of eating some counter attacks in the process. When you start to compare it to other skills in that manner...EP's passive is rather incredible.
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I want my zetas back... EP to me, on my very mature server, feels weaker than before, and still dies if anyone sneezes. That moment in the light that DS just had... Was our hope. Our hope is the death star and CeeGee is the rebels.
  • This is the real deal. I tan a gear 12 Veers led Imp Trooper tea for 6 months the highest i got was rank 55. This team Emperor(L) Thrawn,Vader,Storm,and ShoreTrooper day 1 in Arena my rank 38. GK Barris teams no problem. I am still shocked on how good they are. Mature shard May 2016
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I want my zetas back... EP to me, on my very mature server, feels weaker than before, and still dies if anyone sneezes. That moment in the light that DS just had... Was our hope. Our hope is the death star and CeeGee is the rebels.

upgrading to g12 might help vs squishyness though...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I want my zetas back... EP to me, on my very mature server, feels weaker than before, and still dies if anyone sneezes. That moment in the light that DS just had... Was our hope. Our hope is the death star and CeeGee is the rebels.

Once he’s maxed out on gear he’s pretty solid. His lead and his unique get him up over 80k of health and protection with the right mods..higher if you want to sacrifice potency.
  • :D Mother Talzin 2 x 0 Emperor Palpatine :s
  • Palps can be squishy still. I have him gear 12 and 1 zeta. Well modded. CLS took mine out with full health and 1/4 the protection left, with 1 hit. It's just, sometimes it's all about what the computer gives, when your battling a squad. Overall, he is blazen! Do gear 12+, Fill the gear 12-13 squares and give him 2 zetas. Also well modded with speed. He will be a brick!
  • His leadership is one of the best in the game and that lives even if he dies. I have mine maxed and I don't find him to be any squishier than DN who is also on my arena team.
  • There are 3 EP-led teams in the top 15 in Arena in my shard. Each EP team has Vader, GK, and Thrawn. But the 5th member varies with each team: CLS, TFP, or Shore. So is that the new almost-meta? EP (lead), Vader, Thrawn, GK and random 5th guy?

I'm running EP, Vader, Thrawn, Shore, and Tarkin because I'm still working on GK.
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Ok. I've calmed down from my original post. I'm running EzPz, vader (no z on unique), DzNz, Thrawn (no z), and KRU/GK. These are my thoughts now that I've had time to reflect:

1) my God does Empire/sith need a utility tank taunter that is as good as GK. It is sad how much better he is than anything else. Utility wise kru is the best option DS has (imo) but he loses out on everything in EP Leadership.

2) did CG even watch the movie? It still makes me agitated how ridiculously much better jtr is. KRU was equally Bravo Alpha in the movie if not much more so than whining Rey was. She won in that category though. Only thing she doesn't do better is taunt but r2 can take care of that...

3) EP Leadership should be Empire/DS but that won't happen. Or kru considered Sith. Also won't happen and I don't have an issue with it as the category Sith stands. You could argue that there needs to be a Dark Force user category or that Sith should encompass Dark Force users. That I could be ok with and it would make sense.

3) EP himself. Don't make my mistake and try to use EP too early. It was... frustrating. EP HAS to be g12 if you're on an old server. Mine is fully geared now. All available pieces are applied. He HAS to have BOTH zetas. One will not suffice. He is too squishy without the unique and if you don't zeta the leader then what's the point. His zeta leadership is the point. Potency cross vs Protection cross is user preference. I've used both and everything seems to get resisted a lot regardless. With potency cross (over 100 potency) I saw his AOE stun get resisted by everyone multiple times. So I put in a faster protection cross. Even with full protection he is squishy but not as bad as before... Even old Ben attacking was scary before... Now he /might/ survive the triple assist of whining Rey, basketball, and LS God of Utility R2.

(By the way... Bb8 looks hilarious stunned)
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    (Son of a... I had a huge post... Completely gone after an auto save... ****)

Round 2

Here are my thoughts after having some time to more thoroughly test it out. I am running EzPz, Vader, DzNz, Thrawn, and KRUz/GK.

1) dear God does Empire/Sith need a utility tank taunter like GK. It is ridiculous how good he is. KRUz is the most utilitarian DS tank (imo) but he loses out on all EP leadership bonus. EP Leadership should be Empire/DS. But that'll never happen. Or Kru to be sith. That won't happen either and I don't have an issue with that on how Sith is defined currently. You could state that the game needs a Dark Force user category, or that Sith should encompass Dark Force users. That I would be ok with.

2) did they watch the same movie we did? Kru was EASILY as Bravo Alpha as whining Rey was. If not more so. It still damages my calm to think how much ridiculously more powerful she is than Kru. In the last movie the only thing she won handily at was whining. (Seems like a theme in the movies with young wannabe Jedi). She does everything better in game. The only thing she doesn't do is taunt but the LS God of Utility R2 can take care of that too.

3) back on topic... Don't make the same mistake as I did. If you're on a mature shard then here are a few things about EP. EP HAS to have both zetas. He is too squishy without the unique. And if you don't zeta the leadership then what's the point. His leadership is the point. EP must be g12. Only then can he stand up to the ridiculous LS damage and maybe survive. Before that Old Ben's damage is scary (slight exaggeration). Now he /might/ survive a triple assist of Whining Rey, basketball, and LS God of Utility R2.

(Btw Bb8 looks hilarious stunned)

PS Raid Han Zolo is the bane of EP Leadership. Kill him as safe as possible or you will kill yourself.

• I give up. Lost 2 long posts while editing. Maybe they'll reappear. I'm out
  • I give up. Lost 2 long posts while editing. Maybe they'll reappear. I'm out

They reappeared and are helpful. Thanks