Revealed: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader

Replies

• Get a few debuffs on an opponent, and Vader's Culling Blade will smash their faces in. Not sure why this has been overlooked in this thread. As for power, anything with a light saber should slice through anyone without one, and deflect blaster bolts. But this is a game, and I think balance needs to exist. CLS was too powerful, and making Vader as powerful only exasperates the balance problem: definitely not healthy for the game.

The damage is contingent though...have no debuffs on a toon and it's worthless.

EDIT: So you run Vader, you're guaranteed to get weak damage out of him - basic is bad, aoe is weak with DoTs that do little, and CB with no debuffs is terrible also. You have a contingent chance to do better damage with his CB if debuffs are in place. I think that's weak for DV. His skills shouldn't start out at weak and only have one skill need contingent factors to do some legit damage.

Sith land so many debuffs its obnoxious. Thats why Rex put a hurt on them... but now if he cleanses it gives even more TM to EP. Having a lot of debuffs for culling blade is never a concern lol. Just don't use it on the first move.

Ok - so Rex is coming back a good deal though as a result of EP. Vader leads with AOE - pushes up Rex to 100% TM - cleanses and has ten up in place before Vader gets his turn to use CB. Now what? Wait 3 turns to drop more debuffs to use CB and rebuild the debuffs back up? ...then by Vader's 4th turn I could effectively use CB?

Or oh....use IPD right? remove the ten up? or DT to dispel - or both for double dispel? on an on... do step 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 etc. and boom yeah then Vader is awesome!!!

...that's not what I think Vader should be. You guys can love the reworks and do the best you can to set vader up in his niche situations and pretend he's strong, but I can show you videos of Raid Han that does like 7 attacks in the first 30 seconds of the match and does over 100k damage without needing anyone or anything to set him up or be in any ideal situation. Raid Han rework set the bar for powerful characters with no contingency and I think Vader 100% deserves to have gotten the "Raid Han" rework treatment.

Tarkin in place of Vader:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRwzdUCsbu8

EP rework was very good with his leader (though I think as a non-leader he got a huge nerf with the change to cackling doom, so I'm mixed there)...but Vader essentially just got some speed that helps him ... throw pillows at the enemy at a faster rate.

Laughing so hard at the part where they couldn't get Ep ShT Tarkin Thrawn DV to work.
  • Sion should also be viable at low star levels....and SiT update takes him up a sizable notch. Sith teams with a heavy wind at their backs now. Wow.
  • Sion should also be viable at low star levels....and SiT update takes him up a sizable notch. Sith teams with a heavy wind at their backs now. Wow.

Whats the deal with SiT rework? He is getting auto taunt?

Whats the deal with SiT rework? He is getting auto taunt?

Seems a pre-taunt of some kind yes...and he has the passive taunt also that doesn't require him to take a turn.
  • The point is the most iconic character in the game gets crushed by the exact character that he completely toyed with in the movie.
    It should be the other way around. Vader should crush CLS like a bug. Instead he gets some extra health that CLS can remove in a half a round. Not to mention what Wedge Biggs and Raid Han do to him.
    And Palpatine getting nerfed is shameful as well.
    Vader should have gotten an all basic repell like he had against Han in Empire Strikes Back. And More damage than CLS.
    Can you imagine how Jedi Luke is going to treat Vader and Palpatine? It won't even begin to look like a fight.
    I don't even think Vader is actually immune to TM removal. I ran him in GW and at one point he had full TM, then it was all gone and he didn't get to go.