Revealed: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader

Replies

• Scotte8797 wrote: »
    So no new character(s)?

Not this round I guess. They want to increase cash flow by getting you to spend money to gear up your already lackluster toons that everyone and their grandma already owns.

Guessing Revan and his mess and crew will the the high ticket items next month.

I would say it's more complicated than that, they want to make sure that the rebel meta really bites the dust to make room for the new resistance, while pleasing players with a long-needed rework as a bonus. That said, noone says that this is all that the update has to offer.
  • Does "Let the hate Flow" still refresh shock on enemies? If not, why?
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Darth Vader Thrawn Emperor Palpatine +2 could be the new meta imo. Not sure which two though.

You mean this :
    f3vqs4.jpg
  • When are these updates getting pushed?
  • Karek77 wrote: »
    Does "Let the hate Flow" still refresh shock on enemies? If not, why?

it doesn't, because of the new unique skill crackling doom which does huge damage to shocked enemies.
  • At least it's nothing really useful to shake off the NS so I'm good :)
  • Emperor's event is coming back the 8th.
    Could we expect the update to kick in simultaneously ?
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    That would be unfortunate if emperor had new abilities and is harder to get. Hopefully it rolls after.
  • JKRevan wrote: »
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    The only thing I'm not loving about these reworks is HOW HARD IT IS ( for me ) TO GET ZETAS.

For me its less about getting the zetas, as more "ok, I got 20, WHO THE HELL WILL I ZETA NOW?"

Yeah, that's the next problem, lol.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Any darkside anakin presuit vader?

Not yet but a Sith Anakin could turn a reworked Vader reworked Palpatine thrawn team from potential new meta to insane overpowering meta so hopefully not
  • Big update is at the end of the month. Stop whining and enjoy the nice rework
  • LukeSkyrunner
    54 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm gonna get a ton of hate for this, but thank you so much Devs for reworking the current Vader and Palpatine and not adding a "sith anakin" and a chancellor Palpatine! I mean, I understand why characters such as Luke and Han have variants, because they went through substantial changes (Luke: Farmboy to Commander, Han: Smuggler to Captain to Veteran). However, Vader never really went through a substantial change besides when he sacrificed himself to save Luke, and a "pre-suit anakin" is just JKA with a hood. He didn't even have a red lightsaber yet.

IMO I'm glad the devs did what they did
  • I'm gonna get a ton of hate for this, but thank you so much Devs for reworking the current Vader and Palpatine and not adding a "sith anakin" and a chancellor Palpatine

Still possible. This is not the big update. This is a rework to get the party started. Plenty more for the devs to update. This is a nice place holder until the new announcement.
    My hope is they release this, their big update and let it ride for a month or so and see how things work out and do small patches accordingly.
  • I knew saving up 3 full zetas was a good idea.
  • This is amazing! Thanks devs! I hope we haven't gotten ourselves worked up with too much other speculation about new dark side toons or events to appreciate this for what it is. I'm pretty excited to see what else February might have in store, but this is a much needed and appreciated update on its own.
  • pinkfloyd
    76 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm gonna get a ton of hate for this, but thank you so much Devs for reworking the current Vader and Palpatine and not adding a "sith anakin" and a chancellor Palpatine! I mean, I understand why characters such as Luke and Han have variants, because they went through substantial changes (Luke: Farmboy to Commander, Han: Smuggler to Captain to Veteran). However, Vader never really went through a substantial change besides when he sacrificed himself to save Luke, and a "pre-suit anakin" is just JKA with a hood. He didn't even have a red lightsaber yet.

IMO I'm glad the devs did what they did

Totally agree, Dark side Anakin, pre suit Vader or whatever they call it is the worst idea ever, these guys with their silly requests...
  • No new character yet....but this rework is gonna put the empire and sith teams back up in the thick on things. I'm excited for things to come after this. Still may get a new character(s) after this not all bets are off the table.
  • Cool reworks...now put that Omega pack back in the Store and MAKE THAT MONEY$$$$$$
  • DarthKitty wrote: »
    Cool reworks...now put that Omega pack back in the Store and MAKE THAT MONEY$$$$$$

You mean the zeta pack...
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Ok, but the new meta includes NS, Resistance, Rebel is gradually losing arena so I don’t think EP+Vader can defeat them easily.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Darth Vader Thrawn Emperor Palpatine +2 could be the new meta imo. Not sure which two though.

Wampa
    Sith assassin

TFP will be getting ridiculous TM. Almost nonstop turns...
  • Time to panic farm Vader.

I'm kidding. That was a joke.
  • Haplo wrote: »
    Does Darth Vader lose his leader buff? His zeta makes dots permanent and that directly contradicts his new unique that gives him 5% health whenever his dots go away.

Zader doesn't prevent dots from dissapearing it gives them back immeditely (after the 2/3 turns are over) which means he will get 5%*dots that expire all the time

• giphy.gif

I sense what you sense Malgus! This is good, but is it better than Nihilus? I don't think so!

BTW, I'm very interested in seeing how the health gen powers play with a Nihilus lead. That's been my bread and butter.
  • imo vaders force crush should've been can't be countered, can't be resisted and can't be evaded and e.g 70% chance to inflict daze
  • I wish they would add an ability to Vader that gives him 100% evasion chance against blasters because of one of my favorite scenes, the “we would be honored if you would join us” scene. Plus he’s just the best character, he should be super powerful. In fact while I’m at it, I wish they would add a “stun if already had ability block” on his basic. Now that would be an awesome rework.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Edward wrote: »
    Ok, but the new meta includes NS, Resistance, Rebel is gradually losing arena so I don’t think EP+Vader can defeat them easily.

Low gear night sisters is easy for a team with multiple good aoe. EP+Vader is two.

There's stun options there too to stop the healing/reviving getting going for higher gear night sister teams.
  • Thank you so much!!

Palp/Vader rework!! <3

giphy.gif
  • 0hH3NRY
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm so happy for this rework. I've stuck with Sith/Empire/Zylo from the beginning.