Revealed: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader

Replies

• RacerDejak wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    I think they are still weak. If not why using GK in showcase video.. Does tank that empire/sith have is so bad so that they need help from LS to face meta team? hmm

Your point is invalid.

The meta used to be triple cleanse... with GK as a member.

CLS completely destroyed the triple cleanse meta. What tank was primary used with him? GK

JTR unseated the CLS meta. What tank is currently used with JTR? GK

Nightsisters are the counter meta currently. Guess who's in the most popular NS teams. GK

If you're trying to say that they aren't good because they need GK... well then. They'll fit right in.

What i'm saying is it's mislead, the video hide what DS chars lack of: a reliable cleanser. Also we don't know how beefy this new rework bcause GK take the heat.

So what? In arena that's how characters get used. Mixed and matched. I have 4 light side characters and Thrawn in arena. Does that mean light side characters aren't good?

Also you can do the math to see how beefy Palps will be with his extra protection.

As for better dark side cleansing, absolutely they need a few cleansers. That's 100% accurate. It's also completely irrelevant to a discussion about how good these reworks are. Can they be used in some combination to kill meta teams? That's the hope. And it appears that they can.

And even though you are right that the dark side needs more, and better cleansers there are more ways than one to level the playing field. A team cleanse against a Palpatine lead after a 300+ speed Vader has gone first is going to give Palpatine's entire team up to +75% TM.
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    And here I was working on my Phoenix team because they're fun and they can actually fight, with some zetas, in the current arena. They're all dead now, after that massive investment I put into them. Meh, I might as well stop playing.

Adios
  • So of these three, which is the best to zeta first? I'm sitting on enough to zeta and waited instead of putting a 2nd zeta on CLS. Currently I have Emperor at gear 12 and Vader at gear 10.
  • I have 2 zetas saved up and almost a 3rd. Think I'll start with EP lead and DV unique then EP unique in couple weeks and run this squad:

Emperor Palpatine (G11 almost 12), Darth Vader (G11 almost G12), Darth Nihilus (G12 and unique zeta), Sith Assasin (G12), and either Savage Opress (G12 and zeta) or ST (G12)

...the speed and TM would be insane.
  • And then we pair ep, and vader with the Sith assassin ;)
    Unlimited speed!
  • And then we pair ep, and vader with the Sith assassin ;)
    Unlimited speed!

My thoughts exactly. I still run a Top 20 Zaul because SA is so good.
  • Unless they come up with new toons I still feel like DN and SA are critical to any Sith squad... so for me I think:

EP (lead), DV, DN, SA, and ?
  • This should be live either tomorrow or Thursday morning, seeing as the EP event is on the 8th. Its time to Make the Empire Great Again.
  • Does this rework apply to the current event? Will we see a tougher EP in the event..making noobs impossible to get him?

THIS is what I'm afraid of. I thought I'd be able to get Thrawn with 7* Phoenix squad, but failed miserably. Everyone said Palpatine would be easier to get... not if I have 2 rebel/jedi on my team.
  • I think initially I will Zeta Vaders unique. I already have him as ZLeader. Then EP unique, then EP Leader. Will pair them with DN,SA and ST (RG as stop gap until ST is geared up)

CLS and other rebels beware!!
  • Does this rework apply to the current event? Will we see a tougher EP in the event..making noobs impossible to get him?

THIS is what I'm afraid of. I thought I'd be able to get Thrawn with 7* Phoenix squad, but failed miserably. Everyone said Palpatine would be easier to get... not if I have 2 rebel/jedi on my team.

Going by what happened with the new hope reworks I would say no it shouldn't make it any harder. The abilities in those events will most likely stay exactly the Same, although don't take it as gospel

Going by what happened with the new hope reworks I would say no it shouldn't make it any harder. The abilities in those events will most likely stay exactly the Same, although don't take it as gospel

Yeah, I highly doubt they will change even Emperor. I mean, he can one shot any toon in the event. He's not like that when we unlock him. lol!
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • I bet it still won't beat those stupid night sisters.
  • The thing is that nearly everyone will have access to these as soon as they are released because most people have Vader & EP 7* and gear X-X1. The first one to zeta for me will be he unique for Vader then Palestine’s Unique. He main teams will consist of Vader, Thrawn and EP. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nihilus or Savage makes a big surge in the meta because of this. The final two spots will go to, in my opinion, GK, Nihilus, Shoretrooper, CLS or Savage. Savage interests me because of Palestine’s unique. If they are shocked Jedi or rebel they lose 60% health automatically which can trigger Savage special. Idk have to play them to truly see but in port theses reworks look pretty good and will make dark side viable again.
  • I bet it still won't beat those **** night sisters.

Yeah, I mean, except for the video showing that they absolutely annihilate the Nightsisters squad.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Darkstatic your comment of “i bet it still wont beat the ns” well in short is completely insanely wrong. What is their only weakness now?Aoe teams an wht is pap an vader?Aoe team lol. Vaders dots will destroy them ns now. So u better rethink tht comment lol. So the arena now imo will be lots of variety. U will have cls teams,rjt teams,ns teams,an now vader/pap teams. I for one welcome all the new variety.
  • I bet it still won't beat those **** night sisters.

You need the Imperial Trooper squad to take care of them.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I'm gonna get a ton of hate for this, but thank you so much Devs for reworking the current Vader and Palpatine and not adding a "sith anakin" and a chancellor Palpatine! I mean, I understand why characters such as Luke and Han have variants, because they went through substantial changes (Luke: Farmboy to Commander, Han: Smuggler to Captain to Veteran). However, Vader never really went through a substantial change besides when he sacrificed himself to save Luke, and a "pre-suit anakin" is just JKA with a hood. He didn't even have a red lightsaber yet.

IMO I'm glad the devs did what they did

While I agree with the theme of your post and certainly see the need for different Lukes in the game as his character did progress from Farm Boy to Jedi to Master over the course of the films, Han (who is one of my favorite characters) had, pretty much, the same personality from start to finish. I can see having Han and Veteran Smuggler Han but Storm Trooper Han and Han Solo (raid) is the same person/time period/movie. Captain Han is the same - very little difference in personality or skill than Ep IV Han.- he was just given a rank when he joined the Rebellioin
  • Varlie wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a ton of hate for this, but thank you so much Devs for reworking the current Vader and Palpatine and not adding a "sith anakin" and a chancellor Palpatine! I mean, I understand why characters such as Luke and Han have variants, because they went through substantial changes (Luke: Farmboy to Commander, Han: Smuggler to Captain to Veteran). However, Vader never really went through a substantial change besides when he sacrificed himself to save Luke, and a "pre-suit anakin" is just JKA with a hood. He didn't even have a red lightsaber yet.

IMO I'm glad the devs did what they did

While I agree with the theme of your post and certainly see the need for different Lukes in the game as his character did progress from Farm Boy to Jedi to Master over the course of the films, Han (who is one of my favorite characters) had, pretty much, the same personality from start to finish. I can see having Han and Veteran Smuggler Han but Storm Trooper Han and Han Solo (raid) is the same person/time period/movie. Captain Han is the same - very little difference in personality or skill than Ep IV Han.- he was just given a rank when he joined the Rebellioin

Good point on personality. However, I don't think two toons captures his abilities well. The way I look at it is that each version captures different facets of the character's skills. Besides, I'm glad there is a Han Solo and a ST Han because both are good toons and I use them a lot and almost always on the same squad.
  • ... Savage interests me because ...If they are shocked Jedi or rebel they lose 60% health automatically which can trigger Savage special.

Just to clarify...
    [enemies]take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health for each of the following: they are Shocked; they are a Jedi; they are a Rebel

There's nothing to indicate that this damage bypasses protection like the Plague does. So, it would still take a lot to chew through protection and into health deep enough to use Savage's special.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    ... Savage interests me because ...If they are shocked Jedi or rebel they lose 60% health automatically which can trigger Savage special.

Just to clarify...
    [enemies]take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health for each of the following: they are Shocked; they are a Jedi; they are a Rebel

There's nothing to indicate that this damage bypasses protection like the Plague does. So, it would still take a lot to chew through protection and into health deep enough to use Savage's special.

Yeah, 40% of GK's health is not much comparison to his protection pool
  • I have 2 zetas saved up and almost a 3rd. Think I'll start with EP lead and DV unique then EP unique in couple weeks and run this squad:

Emperor Palpatine (G11 almost 12), Darth Vader (G11 almost G12), Darth Nihilus (G12 and unique zeta), Sith Assasin (G12), and either Savage Opress (G12 and zeta) or ST (G12)

...the speed and TM would be insane.

You should add Dooku for the extra shock and his speed.

https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • Fine we have viable empire teams now...how about you guys show the jedis some love ...they only ruled the galaxy for 1000 years and in this game they get **** by ewoks, droids, separatists, empire, rebels, fo, sith, resistance....pretty much everybody but jawas and geonosians :)
  • twist wrote: »
    Fine we have viable empire teams now...how about you guys show the jedis some love ...they only ruled the galaxy for 1000 years and in this game they get **** by ewoks, droids, separatists, empire, rebels, fo, sith, resistance....pretty much everybody but jawas and geonosians :)

Well, they pretty much got killed by a bunch of clones, sooo...... clones should be better than Jedi?
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    ... Savage interests me because ...If they are shocked Jedi or rebel they lose 60% health automatically which can trigger Savage special.

Just to clarify...

I used to use Nihilis lead before Commander Luke came along, and Savage paired well with Sith Assassin, and Trooper. Often was killing enemies before getting rid of their protection. Hoping to do that again, but not sure yet what the most ideal team will be with Palpatine and Vader. I look forward to trying a few things as my Sith and Empire are my 2 strongest factions.
  • @CG_Kozispoon what are the odds this will drop before the next TW goes live?
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    twist wrote: »
    Fine we have viable empire teams now...how about you guys show the jedis some love ...they only ruled the galaxy for 1000 years and in this game they get **** by ewoks, droids, separatists, empire, rebels, fo, sith, resistance....pretty much everybody but jawas and geonosians :)

Well, they pretty much got killed by a bunch of clones, sooo...... clones should be better than Jedi?

Haha i left the clones out just because i knew someone will bring them up :)
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Dretzle wrote: »
    And here I was working on my Phoenix team because they're fun and they can actually fight, with some zetas, in the current arena. They're all dead now, after that massive investment I put into them. Meh, I might as well stop

What’s with all the Phoenix hate? They’re still a great squad, awesome defenders in tw, my zezra does more damage than my cls and my cls is zetad and g12. I can solo rancor using zezra and my squad. Sure I don’t use them in arena anymore but they are still a good squad, have 2 ships that do well, a must for thrawn and his ship.
  • @CG_Kozispoon is the update coming today?
  • IronCross wrote: »
    I bet it still won't beat those **** night sisters.

You need the Imperial Trooper squad to take care of them.

No you don't I beat them with Zaul all the time. This new rework will **** NS.