strong opponents due inactivity

I‘m at level 74 and I stopped playing for about a half year. now i came back but the troop arena became not funny at all since all my opponents have maxed out 85 heroes..is there some way to get in a more recent leaderboard because this has taken all the fun of the game. is this even possible to switch? if not i think they should introduce some leaderboard shuffles, its an big issue in my opinion.

Replies

• Only way to get on a new shard is to make a new account
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This ^^

no shuffles. either, start new, or grind it all out.

the dev team have stated they can't shuffle leader boards.

I understand your feelings, but the goal is to reward players that have played longer and never took breaks.
  • yeah I can see that. nonetheless, I think it would be smarter to make leaderboards depending on the level since that would reward good strategical investments (and would also prevent that pay to win).
  • Nope
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Roo wrote: »
    yeah I can see that. nonetheless, I think it would be smarter to make leaderboards depending on the level since that would reward good strategical investments (and would also prevent that pay to win).

It's not really pay yo win, as any advantage goes away over time. But they reward players who pay by getting things easier and quicker. There is no reason to then punish them and reward players who take breaks. That would discourage spending, that's not the goal of any business.
  • Im not complaining about the pay to win... i think they dealed with that very vell.
    well you wouldnt punish paying players nore rewarding players who take breaks i dont see that. But this was just by the way..... i‘m just saying that its very discouraging if you completely lost the competition and that it would only help if there was a button to reshuffle you in leaderboards. i wouldnt mind being the very last one if a start i just want to have a realistig competition. you guys dont see that? :S
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Im not complaining about the pay to win... i think they dealed with that very vell.
    well you wouldnt punish paying players nore rewarding players who take breaks i dont see that. But this was just by the way..... i‘m just saying that its very discouraging if you completely lost the competition and that it would only help if there was a button to reshuffle you in leaderboards. i wouldnt mind being the very last one if a start i just want to have a realistig competition. you guys dont see that? :S

Why would someone pay, if they would get shuffled up to a tougher arena?

its no big deal if you take a break, because you can just get shuffled back to a shard that will be easier.

yes taking a break and coming back can be discouraging, but you have the options to pay, but not everyone can do that. the other option is to start over.

• Roo wrote: »
    yeah I can see that. nonetheless, I think it would be smarter to make leaderboards depending on the level since that would reward good strategical investments (and would also prevent that pay to win).

That wouldnt work at all actually, there is an enormous gap between a newly hit lvl 85 person and a person who has been lvl 85 for 6 months or a year. I also dont see them potentially upsetting people that have been playing their game consistently 2 years to make someone who hasnt been playing happy.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Leader boards actually _do_ depende on level — when they are created. From there on it's a constant race and battle to stay up front and ahead of your competitors. Daily or weekly reshuffles would defeat this.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    On a further note:

I had an old level 35 account from a march '16 shard floating around somewhere. Just for fun I started playing it again after a 14 months break. I hit the first wall at rank 1000 due to my low level but I didn't hit an area of daily active players until level 700 or 600. 6 months after re—activating the account I was in top—500 and now after a total of 8 months I hover around rank 350. My highest toon is g10 while people around me have 1—4 g12 toons on their teams. Currently I'm looking forward to the EP/Vader rework. I will take EP to 7* in a few days and Vader is at 98/100. I only had the LS tier 9 nodes on 3* for one week now, so I still don't have shoretrooper, Baze etc. I'm ready for next time the CLS event appears. However, I've neglected Phoenix, so nowhere near unlocking Thrawn.

This is just to illustrate that it IS possible to climb the ranks again and have fun.
  • Fik
    41 posts Member
    ^^ same case as Waqui here. I started around April 2016 and took about a 5 month break when I was around lvl 40. It took me about a year to get to the top of my arena. So you can grind it out, but it will take time :)

btw Waqui what are the top players in your arena? just in case we are in the same shard.. ;)