Newbie not newbie questions - ships...

Prev1
ShadowSloth
13 posts Member
edited February 2018
First of all, Hi!

So, I started playing this game like 2 weeks ago, but only few days ago I checked some guides. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but I have few questions about my position and what should I do.

First of all, some photos to describe my situation. Those will do better than my words:
11qnxmo.jpg
5l3rer.jpg
2h2ks47.jpg

1. So... What should I farm now? I still want to do Luke and Talia on 4*, but what's next? Going for 5* or trying to farm others I don't have?
2. My current characters: Which to upgrade further, which to leave?
3. What about ships?
4. Collecting gears: Should I do it on hard or normal? I know that on hard I can collect shards but it takes twice more energy.
5. Is there a way to maximize the Galactic War? I can do it until 3rd purple battle which usually means going against +5lvl characters outta nowhere.
6. Crystals: If I don't want to spend those on packs, should I spend them all on energy (50 crystals) / cantina energy (100 crystals)?
7. And PvP. Which team to use?
8. Hero borrowing - worth a try? :P

Post edited by ShadowSloth on

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    1 farm others. Pick a team and work on them. Probably phoenix.

3 fleet arena starts at level 60. Focus on your best pilots.

4 normal jobs are better for gear. There are some hard nodes that have two useful gears and a character you want eventually but normal jobs are better for gear.

5 phoenix team has an insane recovery factor which helps you endure galactic war.

6 spend all your crystals on cheap energy refreshes. The rng packs are usually poor.

7 phoenix once you farm them

8 hero borrowing is what you can lean on to carry you through ls/ds battles.
  • 1. Give up on talia, she's useless. Go all in on pheonix, that also answers number 5.
    2. The ones I see in the picture I'd say tie pilot, tarkin, and kylo. But again I recommend going all in on phoenix
    3. Ships, focus on dark side ships so you can unlock zeta challenges
    4. Don't think it matters, if you do hard nodes you can stockpile sim tickets
    6. Yes use crystals on energy refreshes, packs are a wast of crystals, unless your planning on being a whale
    7. With what I can see. Tarkin, TFP, kylo then maybe puke and JC
    8. Absolutely they can make a huge difference in LS DS and cantina battle. Here's my ally code if you want 511-854-551
  • Thanks for the answers! I read that Phoenix squadron is actually really good in the beginning/mid game. Just to clarify: Even that I don't have any Phoenix character yet, nevertheless I should go for them?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the answers! I read that Phoenix squadron is actually really good in the beginning/mid game. Just to clarify: Even that I don't have any Phoenix character yet, nevertheless I should go for them?

Yes. They are easy mode for gw, they will clear the thrawn and Palpatine events and they will do th4 job in arena better than any team you can get before wedge (unlocks in cantina at level 69 cant be maxed before 75ish).
  • Don't farm phoenix , they are bad in future.
    Farm rebels.
    Phoenix can be sometime a mistake.
    Phoenix can do , emperor's demise and gat event. R2-D2 needs empire characters.
    But, here is what you can and could farm.
    Cantina : Boba Fett , and in future Poe Dameron
    Cantina Battles: Lando Calrissian [very good leader , good AoE attack]
    GW: biggs darklighter [good under wedge lead or lando lead] and maybe Cad Bane, cause of its turn meter removal and stun. [multi attack too]
    Squad Arena: princess leia [fast , multi attack character with lots of stealth and good damage] Stormtrooper Han
    Fleet Arena Shipments: your choice

I would say , if you truly want grand admiral thrawn, get phoenix first then all the others.
    Minimum to get GAT is 5 stars , so i would say if you want to you can farm but it's not needed.
    Phoenix can be easly defeated, and here is also how:
    First , defeat kannan jarrus cause of his counter chance.
    [You can use attack that gets all enemies if you want to , but not needed.]
    Then , go for hera , kill her.
    That way , the phoenix team is done.

Most of people say phoenix squadron , cause it can do 2 events at once, but it cannot help you in future anymore.
    Rebel teams , not phnx squadron:
    Wedge Antilles , on lead. Lando Calrissian, Biggs Darklighter, Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han.

• You're going to need Phoenix eventually because they're the ONLY way to get Thrawn.

With that said, I don't think you need to do it right away, and there are better teams than Phoenix who lose their usefulness fairly quickly.

Rebels are definitely the way to go IMO. Lando is probably the first cantina node farm you should be doing. Farm him, unlock him, and level him up. Only use cantina energy on his node until he's done.

With the cantina store credits you get from farming Lando, get Boba out of the store. These two will carry you through all the credit heists pretty much on their own and Boba fits into a lot of different squads. Very useful character and the best value in the cantina store by a longshot.

Ultimately you'll want Wedge and Biggs, but you can't get Wedge yet. Still farm Biggs first out of GW store first. When you can unlock him, Wiggs should be a top priority farm. Fleet store credits are valuable but I would still purchase his shards in the store whenever you can in addition to his cantina node.
  • Thank You all, really appreciate that. I will farm Phoenix at some point, because it seems to be great PvP and Galactic War team. You say Lando? I can do it. Boba is already 43/80 so not a long time before getting him. Also, I already have Biggs! You can't see that on a photo above, but I unlocked him from Bronzium Data Card. Still, the only full card I got from that (I got some 10 shards also). But, didn't expect he is such an important card.

So... Lando, Boba, Biggs. And later Phoenix - check!
  • The “classic unlock strategy” goes like this:
    1.) Phoenix squad unlocks Thrawn and Palpatine
    2.) Thrawn and Palpatine plus 3 more Empire toons unlock R2D2
    3.) R2D2, Stormtrooper Han, Old Ben, Princess Leia, and Farmboy Luke unlock Commander Luke Skywalker

An alternate unlock strategy is:
    1.) First Order unlocks BB8
    2.) BB8, Scavenger Rey, Finn, Veteran Han, and Veteran Chewie unlock Jedi Training Rey

Going with one or both of the strategies above will get you to powerful end-game characters in the most efficient manner. Your arena team will work best if it’s based on your focus, so either Phoenix for the classic strategy or First Order for the alternate strategy. You can do well with either, although Phoenix will probably take you a bit further. Classic Rebel teams with Wedge and Biggs can sometimes work until people start getting powerful end-game characters.

The most important thing when making arena teams is synergy. Read each character’s and ship’s abilities and try to match them together. Generally, having all your toons from the same faction helps, but it’s not always needed to do well.
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited February 2018

1. So... What should I farm now? I still want to do Luke and Talia on 4*, but what's next? Going for 5* or trying to farm others I don't have?

You're going to want to sit on Luke and Talia until later (much later in Talia's case).

[This] is a resource I find particularly helpful--I don't recall who made it, but I got it off these forums--but it details farming locations for characters throughout the game. As your first priority you should look through it and pick out some scoundrels, you'll need five for the credit heist. Keep them even with your progression in levels and gear, do not worry about a higher star level for now.

You'll also want to level up your primary characters--I was confused by your most powerful characters being level 45 and you having ships. I generally upgrade levels every 5 levels unless I need to upgrade abilities. Stop upgrading characters you don't need.

2. My current characters: Which to upgrade further, which to leave?

That depends on your priorities.

You will eventually need: Kylo, Tarkin, Mace, and Luke. You may also eventually need your Tie Fighter Pilot, Royal Guard, and Snowtrooper.

Given your current roster I would suggest that you start--after getting your scoundrels--with a Phoenix team. Nix are hardy and can take on content way above their weight class. You'll be set on light side battles, galactic war, territory wars/battles (you'll probably need to invest in them a little more than you would like for these), and have a squad that can get you two legendary characters (Thrawn and Emperor Palpatine). The only real downside is that you'll be picking them up just as they start falling off in the arena.

As far as what to do after that, I would suggest taking a look at what you need for the other legendary and journey characters; jedi for Yoda, Empire for R2-D2, First Order for BB-8. These three and Thrawn and Palpatine unlock at five stars, and you'll need their necessary teams at 5 stars to unlock them; at 6 to 6 star; at 7 to seven star). The journey's characters require specific teams at seven stars to unlock: CLS needs farmboy Luke, Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Old Ben, and R2-D2; RJT needs scavenger Rey, Finn, BB-8 and Veteran Smugglers Han and Chewie.

3. What about ships?

You'll need at least 5 dark side ships (8 may be wiser) at 5 or more stars to upgrade Tarkin's ship and do the zeta challenge; you'll need light side ships to upgrade Ackbar and Windu's ships beyond four stars, and I say you go with Rebel ships since you'll eventually need them to unlock Thrawn's capital ship. You don't have to worry about getting these ships all at once, but you'll want to have them close to ready to go by the time you hit level 80.

For ships to be effective you will have to invest in their pilots. Be mindful of that and arrange your priorities accordingly.

4. Collecting gears: Should I do it on hard or normal? I know that on hard I can collect shards but it takes twice more energy.

If you are farming gear: stick to normal nodes. If you are farming that character: hit the hard node, if you happen to get gear you need, bonus!

5. Is there a way to maximize the Galactic War? I can do it until 3rd purple battle which usually means going against +5lvl characters outta nowhere.

As I said before, Phoenix really takes care of any problems you have in Galactic War. I auto or auto-basic 99% of mine with my Nix squad, only once in a blue moon will I actually have to fight the battle myself. Take advantage of the retreat option!

Pro-tip: if it says "retreat" it's like it never happened, if it says forfeit you're consuming something (energy, characters, PVP attempts).

6. Crystals: If I don't want to spend those on packs, should I spend them all on energy (50 crystals) / cantina energy (100 crystals)?

It's most efficient to spend crystals on energy; you tend to get more bang for your buck You get three of each type of refresh at the lowest cost before they start to double.

7. And PvP. Which team to use?

Phoenix starts to fall off in arena starting around player level 75. You can still do well and hold your own, but moving on to another team might be down to priorities. Are you okay with doing slightly worse than you could be doing in arena so that you're doing well in other areas of the game? If so, how far down are you willing to go before you re-invest in your characters or move on to another team all together.

Wiggs classic rebels starts to shine about when Phoenix starts to fall off.

8. Hero borrowing - worth a try? :P

Sure.

[removed; out of space]
    Post edited by catharsis478 on
  • Phoenix are good in everything except in Arena, DS Battles and Raids
    MS
  • CZEKing
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I don't want to create a new topic so I use this one if you guys don't mind.

I follow the advice to get Phoenix squad. I have them on 6-7* ready for palp event but will only get him on 6*.

R2 event might be in next month and I can start farming empire squad (leaving phoenix unfinished at 6* stars) or focus them. But even if I rush empire now I won't get past 6* (mostly because of Vader and ST).

I've read r2 is ok at 6* but fully gear etc. But is he good even without zetas and g12? I mean, for me as a new player. Should I even try to get him at 6* given I won't be able to unlock cls (he unlocks at 7* so what use are to me his 6* shards..).

So...should I complete my ph team to 7* and then start farming empire (which would be skipping r2 event this time) or rush empire even if it allows me to get r2 only at 6* and no cls...

Thank you (my acc should be in signature).

Edit: My fear is that I wont try to get r2 and suddenly other will crash me with him or I will get r2 6* but he will be useless, I will have thus wasted like milion energy in cantina and battles obtaining empire squad that does nothing to my arena-opponents while they finished phoenix 7* and other characters..
    Post edited by CZEKing on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

2. There are guides out there as well. Basically choose either the 5 Phoenix route or the Biggs, Landi, ST Han and Boba route (eventually Wedge, Leia Old Ben, R2D2). Disregarding which route you choose make sure, that you have the scoundrels to do the highest tier of credit heist available to you.

3. To unlock zeta challenge, you will need 5 dark side ships at 4* (for Executrix) and 8 ships total at 5* for the challenge itself.

For DS:
    Imperial Tie
    FO Tie
    Tie advanced /Slave 1
    Sun Fac
    GS

Add to those the easiest LS ships to farm, f.ex. Biggs, Wedge, JC, 5s, ghost, phantom. Be aware that rebel ships are also used in another event.

4. Find some good hard nodes, which reward both shards and gear, you want. Other than that, mix a bit of both depending on what you need more currently.

6. While leveling, energy refreshes are essential. The more energy you use, the more exp. you gain. (And shards/gear as well)
  • Thanks all again! From what I read here and on some guide's, this is the farming schedule I should do:
    Phoenix: Grand Admiral Thrawn & Emperor Palpatine
    Sabine Wren, Hera Syndulla, Ezra Bridger, Chopper, Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelias, Kanan Jarrus

First Order: BB-8 event
    First Order Stormtrooper, First Order TIE Pilot, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, First Order Officer

Jedi: Yoda event
    Mace Windu, Jedi Consular, Ahsoka Tano + Ezra Bridger, Kanan Jarrus from above

Scoundrel:
    Boba Fett, Clone Wars Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian

R2-D2 event: Grand Admiral Thrawn & Emperor Palpatine
    Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Vader, TIE Fighter Pilot

Others:
    Biggs Darklighter, Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)
  • I would only farm Sabine if you want the ship. You can run a full Phoenix squad with the other 5 members which is all you need to get Thrawn. Any of the toons that are only available in hard nodes take a lot longer than those farmed literally anywhere else, and you probably don't want to be farming too many of them at once.
    I would probably stop farming her once you get enough shards to unlock her and use the energy to get a head start on those FO toons (FOTP/FOST) and gear.

I can't really speak to the best Jedi route to go. I'm a fairly new player as well and I haven't really put much effort into getting my jedi levelled up, nor do I use them in any part of the game. The Yoda event will come back regularly, and I haven't yet seen where I'd use him, so I've put off my jedi thus far.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    I can't really speak to the best Jedi route to go. I'm a fairly new player as well and I haven't really put much effort into getting my jedi levelled up, nor do I use them in any part of the game. The Yoda event will come back regularly, and I haven't yet seen where I'd use him, so I've put off my jedi thus far.

Agreed. Eventually I will pick him up. If you are using ahsoka and jc and mace in ships feel free to use them for him but if you aren't using them in ships leave it till you happen to have Jedi.
  • bump...any ideas on this?
    CZEKing wrote: »

I follow the advice to get Phoenix squad. I have them on 6-7* ready for palp event but will only get him on 6*.

R2 event might be in next month and I can start farming empire squad (leaving phoenix unfinished at 6* stars) or focus them. But even if I rush empire now I won't get past 6* (mostly because of Vader and ST).

I've read r2 is ok at 6* but fully gear etc. But is he good even without zetas and g12? I mean, for me as a new player. Should I even try to get him at 6* given I won't be able to unlock cls (he unlocks at 7* so what use are to me his 6* shards..).

So...should I complete my ph team to 7* and then start farming empire (which would be skipping r2 event this time) or rush empire even if it allows me to get r2 only at 6* and no cls...

Edit: My fear is that I wont try to get r2 and suddenly other will crash me with him or I will get r2 6* but he will be useless, I will have thus wasted like milion energy in cantina and battles obtaining empire squad that does nothing to my arena-opponents while they finished phoenix 7* and other characters..

• YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Keep in mind, I don't have R2D2 myself (I only started in November), but if you're sure you can get the Empire toons to 6 in time for R2, I'd probably do that, even though I'm not a fan of bailing mid-farm.

If it's possible to get Phoenix done in time to get EP at 7*, I'd say do that, but if you're confident you can't, then I would probably try to get the Empire done.

The reason is, either way you slice it, you're only getting a 6* EP. One route gets you a 6* R2D2, and one doesn't. In both scenarios, you should have Phoenix ready to get 7* Palpatine the next time he comes around as well as 7* Thrawn in his return. From what I hear, R2 is usable at 6*, and having him early allows you to gear him up, so when you do get that final star, you've got him both maxed in stars and ready to go gear-wise.

Just my $0.02
  • catharsis478
    676 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    ...R2 event might be in next month and I can start farming empire squad (leaving phoenix unfinished at 6* stars) or focus them. But even if I rush empire now I won't get past 6* (mostly because of Vader and ST).

As a general rule you do not want to abandon a farm until you have finished it (even if that is just meeting a pre-set threshold you have set for yourself; ex. I stopped--temporarily, mind--farming my dark side ships once they reached 5 stars, because that's all I needed for now). I would advise that you keep with your primary farm until you have finished it, and then move on to the next. R2-D2 reoccurs about once every other month, and he'll certainly return again--regardless of the previous schedule--before CLS. You have time to build the squads you need for these characters, focus on your farm bit by bit.

Sure, it can be a little stressful to miss an event for a character you want and feel as though you are missing out... But stay the course. You'll eventually be better off for it.
    Thanks all again! From what I read here and on some guide's, this is the farming schedule I should do:
    Phoenix: Grand Admiral Thrawn & Emperor Palpatine
    Sabine Wren, Hera Syndulla, Ezra Bridger, Chopper, Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelias, Kanan Jarrus

First Order: BB-8 event
    First Order Stormtrooper, First Order TIE Pilot, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, First Order Officer

Jedi: Yoda event
    Mace Windu, Jedi Consular, Ahsoka Tano + Ezra Bridger, Kanan Jarrus from above

Scoundrel:
    Boba Fett, Clone Wars Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian

R2-D2 event: Grand Admiral Thrawn & Emperor Palpatine
    Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Vader, TIE Fighter Pilot

Others:
    Biggs Darklighter, Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)

Just a couple things:

Sabine is the hardest of the Phoenix characters to farm; hit her node up when you have the energy for it, but I wouldn't recommend setting her at the same priority as your other, easier to farm, Phoenix characters. You will need her in mid-to-late game for her ship, to unlock the fourth capital ship, and as an offensive sub-in later on.

You may consider putting R2-D2 over BB-8 in your priority list, as you need R2-D2 for Commander Luke Skywalker (the more flexible of the Journey characters). In addition R2-D2's event is the second hardest of the legendary events, after Grand Admiral Thrawn, you'll probably want to farm a tank, just in case, such as Stormtrooper. You will also need Luke Skywalker (Farmboy) for CLS, so you'll want your other ANH characters ready to go when he returns (I've already listed them earlier in the thread, so won't again). If you're going for BB-8 you're probably going to want to start building your Rey (Jedi Training) team, which isn't even entirely accessible to farm until you've reached Player Level 83 and unlocked the last level in the Cantina.

Kylo Ren (Unmasked) will probably be an easier farm than First Order Stormtrooper, and will give you a solid ship for when you're level 60.

For Scoundrels, I would suggest you get Stormtrooper Han, Boba Fett, and Lando. Chewbacca isn't very effective the later in the game you go, and you'll eventually need several of the other Scoundrels. Hit as many birds with a single stone as possible; Bounty Hunters for DSTB, Lando for Arena, Stormtrooper Han for CLS, Captain Han for LSTB, etc, etc, etc.

Yoda is the weakest and least necessary of the legendary characters, and as such he's currently the lowest on my list to farm.

If it helps, here's what I'm farming, planning to farm, and have farmed:

I started with Phoenix. Like a lot of people I've skipped Sabine (she's at lv 30, 2*, G4 until I unlock Phantom or have the resources to boost her up a bit more) and focused on the other five; I tend to only hit her node on Hard Mode Battles day for Guild Activities. They're all at level 80, seven stars, G8 (I plan to go up to G10 for LSTB/TW; may eventually go to G11 for ship abilities), with abilities at 7/8 (I will get their omegas and stop). I'm counting on them to get two of my Empire characters (unfortunately I failed at 7 starring Thrawn this time around).

I then started working on three teams, focus depending on the farming location: First Order, ANH, and Empire--I started with First Order because the characters are more accessible and I wanted BB-8 slightly more than I wanted R2-D2, shh, I know; terrible at following my own advice--in that order. In the Cantina I started farming Kylo (just finished) and Old Ben (33/100), I'll take a week once I've finished Old Ben to farm mods, then start on Luke Farmboy (4/30) and KRU (20/65), alternating between them on each star level; in the Cantina Store I grabbed First Order Officer (59/100) and once he's finished I'll work on Stormtrooper (locked, 35/50); in Squad Arena I'm alternating between Princess Leia (58/85) and Stormtrooper Han (1/100), when they're finished I'll be working on Grand Moff Tarkin (8/65). In Fleet Arena I grab Darth Vader (58/100) whenever he shows up, and in the Guild Events Store I grab Director Krennic (0/85). Krennic is a pain to farm and squishy besides, so I'd actually suggest an easier character (besides I don't even have access to his hard mode yet! Ahh!). In hard modes the only character I'm really careful to hit every day at this point is First Order Tie Fighter (39/85).

First Order status: Captain Phasma 7* (alternated her and Zeb when farming Phoenix), Kylo 7*, FOO 6*, KRU 4*, and FOTF 5*.
    ANH status: Old Ben 6*, Stormtrooper Han 6*, Princess Leia 5*, Farmboy Luke 3*, R2-D2 locked (75/145)
    Empire: Grand Admiral Thrawn 6*, Darth Vader 6*, Director Krennic 5*, Royal Guard 5* (this is all from bronze packs, wew), General Veers 5* (hard modes when I think about it), Colonel Stark 4* (I've stopped farming him for the moment for FOSFTF; I'll pick him up again once that hits 5*); Grand Moff Tarkin 4*... I haven't committed to a team for R2-D2 yet, so I'll leave my options open.

In ships I'm working on rebels--once the rest of my dark side ships are at 5* I'll be working on these until they're 7* so I'm ready next time Chimaera comes back--I might grab Ahsoka and Jedi Consular's ships still, just 'cause they're kinda useful (and they show up in GW store).

After I have these three teams squared away, I'm not sure what I'll do next. I'm not all that interested in JTR, but I might farm a Resistance squad regardless because I have a feeling I'll need them for an unrevealed TLJ character (probably Snoke or Hux) and if I do that I might work on the Veterans just so I have them when the event returns, or pick up Jedi, or even just work on TB or raid teams. We'll see.
  • I am just going to throw this into the discussion to confuse the issue because I'm mean like that:
    HK-47 (L), IG-88, IG-86, Chief Nebit/B2, and Jawa Engineer are still extremely effective at clearing the GW table. I just did it this morning out of curiosity.

But here's the real spicy meatball: they are also an effective (but not META) squad against the P2 HAAT raid. There was a time when droids were the P2 go-to, before the rise of zFinn Resistance, and now others.

They are awful in arena these days, though.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    But here's the real spicy meatball: they are also an effective (but not META) squad against the P2 HAAT raid. There was a time when droids were the P2 go-to, before the rise of zFinn Resistance, and now others.

How effective. If my memory is right they maxed out at about 10% (maxed when maxed was gear xi) while a resistance squad can solo the phase.
  • Naraic wrote: »

How effective. If my memory is right they maxed out at about 10% (maxed when maxed was gear xi) while a resistance squad can solo the phase.

Never said droids were the best team, just that they can do their part in the HAAT to help a guild get through. In a guild of 50, g10 droids are enough to do your part.
  • catharsis478, Maybe I wasn't really accurate. That "list" is just for my information which characters I should farm. I have my own list of priorities to farm, but thanks for a "couple things". It really helps me a lot.
  • So, a little update: https://swgoh.gg/u/leniwiec/collection/

I managed to get four characters from Phoenix team but farming seems to be a little bit too late. Hera is 14/30 and other three are 0/25. And I'm already lvl 51. At the lvl 85 I might have few an amazing 5 star characters :D !

But, I want to ask one thing. It seems that I should have had some scoundrels much earlier. How many I should have? I have only Chewbacca which seems to be pretty decent to me as he is great tank most of the times. Boba is 78/80 (should I go for 5* right after I get him?). Lando is barely 11/80 but Hera was my main goal in Cantina Battles. Also for how many stars I should go now? Stormtrooper Han is 0/50. It would take me more than a month to even unlock him with my bad arena team. What should be my main priority now? Scoundrels or still doing Phoenix?

All I want to do is get all/most usable characters to 5* and then lvl their gear. And then if maxed farming them up again.
  • I think since you've already started on the Phoenix team, you should probably see it through. It sucks not having Lando for the credit heists, but you can always get him after you've finished Ezra and Hera.

It just means you'll have to be a little more cautious with your credits and only use them on Phoenix until you've finished them. You get a fair amount out of the Galactic War every day, so you just need to plan on that ~800K or whatever it is per day to be your main source of credits. Using those funds only to gear and level your Phoenix is going to be key.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

But, I want to ask one thing. It seems that I should have had some scoundrels much earlier. How many I should have? I have only Chewbacca which seems to be pretty decent to me as he is great tank most of the times. Boba is 78/80 (should I go for 5* right after I get him?). Lando is barely 11/80 but Hera was my main goal in Cantina Battles. Also for how many stars I should go now? Stormtrooper Han is 0/50. It would take me more than a month to even unlock him with my bad arena team. What should be my main priority now? Scoundrels or still doing Phoenix?

All I want to do is get all/most usable characters to 5* and then lvl their gear. And then if maxed farming them up again.

You eventually need 5 scoundrels for the credit and droid heists and for crit chance mods. They have to be 5* for tier 3 of crit chance mods. There is no star requirement for heists. Not being able to do the heists will hold you back significantly, so I would definitely get as many as you need for the tier you qualify for ASAP.
  • CZEKing wrote: »
    bump...any ideas on this?

Hi, what I did was this: Phoenix 5 star and Zeb 7*.
    Got Farmboy Luke, StHan, Old Ben, Leia to 7*.
    Farmboy luke (L), Zeb,Leia, StH, OB to get Palpatine 7 star.

Palpatine, Vader , Tie pilot, Stormtrooper and Tarkin (all 7*) to get 7* R2.

Then focus on Phoenix again, (get them to 7 stars.)
    You Will also be able to get CLS and have Thrawn and R2.
    MS
  • I wish I knew about this forum back in December when I started playing. I ended up going all over the place trying to figure out the best way to start leveling an effective squad.

I ended up going with Mace Windu (like I said, I had no clue how UP he was then) as I got him from the one 1,330 crystal pack that I decided to buy. And also before knowing better, I invested in promoting him to 7*. At least his ship is good.

Luckily, I got the 7* SR from a Google card that I got for Christmas, so that helped a lot early on.

Thanks to everyone who answered the OPs question. I found the info about which characters are needed for the Journeys to be very useful. I've also got some new ideas for farming once I finish up my current farm to get EP (only at 5*, but I'd rather have him now at 5* to boost my Empire team).
  • ShadowSloth
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi again! I have few more questions I want to ask:
    First, chromium pack. I've heard that first pack is a guaranteed character. Is on my place it even worth it now? You know, to buy one? As I didn't do that at the start.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/leniwiec/collection/ - current situation
    Galactic War. I already somehow managed to complete GW once with two or three more attempts at final battle. Should I do "retreat to reset cooldowns" strategy? Especially on harder battles? Sometimes my opponents are faster than my best characters so it would be hard. I'm using now Boba Fett as a leader, Kylo Ren, Tarkin, Jedi Consular as a healer and Farmboy Luke/Chewbacca. I really like my AoE damage so getting Vader after two more achievements will be great.
    Last thing. Would like to ask about my current farming priority:
    Cantina Battles - I'm currently doing Lando (75/80 to unlock him) to 5* as I need scoundrels. Then Hera to 5* -> Ezra to 7* would be next. I know it's late but like I said in first post: I realised my mistakes a bit too late.
    Now I'm doing Chewbacca/Jedi Consular (41/65; 53/65) to 5* and Boba Fett to 6* (71/85). I wanted to stop him on 5* but somehow I got 80 Boba shards from bronzium pack so 22 shards more for 6* was worth it I think. Then I want to do others I need or upgrade gears a little bit. What should I do after my upgrades: other characters or gearing upgrade?
    Shipments:
    Cantina - Now I want to do Kanan as Ahsoka is available from energy.
    Guild - Should I start doing Finn? For later part of my game? Or buy already craftable things?
    Squad Arena - I'm not that great here as I'm struggling to keep my place. But, after getting Mace Windu/Tarkin to 5* I'm doing STH do 5* (which will take some time as I need 30 shards to even unlock him)
    Galactic War - Cad Bane as 5th scoundrel to 5* (45/50 to unlock him)
    Is all of this fine?
  • The thing that's causing you the most problems is that it really looks like you're trying to do too many things at once. IMO, it's best to farm a character to 7* and then moving on to someone else rather than farming someone to 5 then another, then another, then back to the first guy, etc.

You're kind of dipping your toe into the Phoenix waters but not diving right in. Ditto for scoundrels. IMO, you should pick one and see it through. Don't try to do both at the same time. If you decide to go Phoenix, then stop Lando once you get him (only because of how close you are, otherwise I'd say stop where you are) and switch to Hera and Ezra. Get Hera to 5 then Ezra to 7 if you wish, or alternate one level at a time, but stay on them until they're both 7*. If you aren't ready to farm the other members of Phoenix (Chopper out of Cantina Store, Kanan from Squad Arena store, and Zeb from Galactic War Store), then finish Lando to 7 and use the energy you get to farm Boba to 7 too.

I would also suggest not pursuing Chewbacca any further even if you're focusing on scoundrels. He's about as high as you'll need him for the credit heists as Lando and Boba are the ones who are going to carry you through those. He's no good to you in the arena, which you'll want to build around Lando/Boba Fett/STHan.

As far as Mace/Tarkin, you shouldn't be focusing on both of them. In fact, you probably shouldn't be focusing on either of them at this point. Work on putting together a squad arena team and maxing them out. Neither of these characters are likely to help you there the way you've got things going now. Tarkin is a good choice once you've taken Kanan or STHan (depending on the route you chose) to 7*, because you'll have ships by then and he's a great capital ship and a solid Empire toon.

Basically, my advice would be to narrow your focus and stop trying to build every faction at once. I still think your best bet is to stop farming everything that isn't Phoenix, and focus ONLY on Phoenix squad until you have them all at 7* and as high gear as possible (this may only be 7 or 8 for now). They're going to help you get back up in the arena and they'll help you build the foundation of a future empire team. If you don't want Phoenix, then stop farming them and focus on something else. Don't go half way and jump back and forth between characters.
  • Phoenix are good in everything except in Arena, DS Battles and Raids

Hhm or are they? I got a guy in my top 20 with a g12 phoenix. I trash him on defense with titans but he can beat me back so don't underestimate them