event calendar

System
246 posts EA Administrator
This discussion was created from comments split from: February speculation (MERGE).

Replies

• Turasleon wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Honestly I see no scenario where CG can win here.

Partial calender = complaints

Remove calender = complaints

Full calender = temporary yay, until something happens that causes a delay (and it will happen) at which point there's an endless stream of complaints, snide comments and whinging that will never be forgotten and repeated for all future releases.

Pick your poison.

I choose the iocane powder!
    Fair point, but it stands to reason there will always be a vocal minority who will not be happy. The best we can do is find a happy median.
    But far be it from me not to explore all avenues. I'll follow up with production with this third ask to include a full listing of calendar events going forward. I hope to return in a month or two with further info.

Thank you for the work that you do.

Perhaps a good place to be would just to be put blackout areas on the calendar with a tag like "future content". Keeps us in the loop that something is happening, even if we aren't sure what it is, rather than updates being dropped on us from nowhere. For me personally, it would be much more interesting, and give just enough information to be look forward to certain dates.

I realize this won't make everyone happy, but really, nothing will.

^^This

Just saying something like “future content” or whatever is perfect. We then know something is coming and can still be excited to find out exactly what it is when we get closer. Even if there’s a delay we’ll still know something is coming close to the date listed. Otherwise the calendar is just fine and should continue to be posted.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    Honestly I see no scenario where CG can win here.

Partial calender = complaints

Remove calender = complaints

Full calender = temporary yay, until something happens that causes a delay (and it will happen) at which point there's an endless stream of complaints, snide comments and whinging that will never be forgotten and repeated for all future releases.

Pick your poison.

I choose the iocane powder!
    Fair point, but it stands to reason there will always be a vocal minority who will not be happy. The best we can do is find a happy median.
    But far be it from me not to explore all avenues. I'll follow up with production with this third ask to include a full listing of calendar events going forward. I hope to return in a month or two with further info.

Hello there any possible new anakin? Dont care much for vader . Anakin looks so much cooler he should be the best