Empire/Sith Turn Meter Synergies after the Emperor Rework

Moroveus
147 posts Member
edited February 2018
The Emperor's new leadership Zeta adds the following: "When a debuff on an enemy expires, Empire and Sith allies gain 5% Turn Meter." I plugged Sith and Empire characters into a spreadsheet to calculate the maximum number of debuffs they can inflict per turn, and here are the top (with a five-way tie for fifth place):

1. Darth Vader - 4.8
2. Grand Moff Tarkin - 4.0
3. Darth Sidious - 3.7
4. Sith Trooper - 2.6
5. Director Krennic (tied for fifth) - 2.2
5. Death Trooper (tied for fifth) - 2.2
5. Emperor (tied for fifth) - 2.2
5. TIE Pilot (tied for fifth) - 2.2
5. Imperial Probe Droid (tied for fifth) - 2.2

There are three other Empire characters who can grant team turn meter. Those characters are:
  • Admiral Thrawn: Empire allies gain 15% turn meter whenever using a special ability while Thrawn is active.
  • Grand Moff Tarkin: Grants himself 15% turn meter for each debuffed enemy when using Intimidation Tactics.
  • Shoretrooper: Empire allies gain 15% turn meter when using a special ability while Shoretrooper has Taunt.

This creates a lot of interesting Sith and Empire synergies that can be exploited to ramp up turn meter gain. For example:
  • Emperor (Leader): Entire team gets 5% turn meter every time a debuff expires on an enemy.
  • Admiral Thrawn: Each ally gets 15% turn meter when using a Special Ability.
  • Darth Vader: Inflicts up to twenty debuffs with Force Crush every 5 turns, thereby generating massive turn meter gain for the entire team as those debuffs expire. Culling Blade dispells debuffs, accelerating some of this turn meter gain.
  • Grand Moff Tarkin: Inflicts up to ten debuffs every 4 turns with Intimidation Tactics. Because this skills grants himself turn meter (and benefits from Admiral Thrawn's and Shoretrooper's turn meter gain), he is likely to immediately get another turn, essentially reducing the cooldown from 4 to 3.
  • Shoretrooper: Although Shoretrooper doesn't inflict debuffs, he grants Empire allies 15% turn meter when they use a special ability while Shoretrooper is taunting.

Alternatively, if you want to be more Sith-specific, you could make a team with:
  • Emperor (Leader): Entire team gets 5% turn meter every time a debuff expires on an enemy.
  • Darth Vader: Inflicts a significant number of debuffs, granting turn meter to the team.
  • Darth Sidious: Inflicts a significant number of debuffs, granting turn meter to the team.
  • Sith Trooper: Inflicts a significant number of debuffs, granting turn meter to the team.
  • Imperial Probe Droid: Combining probe droid with Emperor Palpatine is a uniquely powerful combination, because Palpatine can accelerate the Probe Droid's self-destruct ability.
Post edited by Moroveus on

Replies

• hey Moro does thsi count on say a chirrut cleanse?? or does that not annotate as an expiration???
  • You forgot Nihilus. With Zeta, he inflicts DoT at the start of his turn and Health down on each enemy turn, which both are debuffs
  • BoroSmooth wrote: »
    You forgot Nihilus. With Zeta, he inflicts DoT at the start of his turn and Health down on each enemy turn, which both are debuffs
    Shoot, you're right! I forgot Nihilius!
  • 212Attack wrote: »
    hey Moro does thsi count on say a chirrut cleanse?? or does that not annotate as an expiration???
    Cleansing counts as expiration of a debuff. For example, if Vader uses Force Crush and inflicts ten debuffs on the enemy team, and Rex cleanses the team, then Sith and Empire allies immediately gain 50% turn meter (5% for each of the ten cleansed debuffs).
  • SIth Assassin too grants turn meter to team on use of dark shroud - 12% turn meter for Sith Allies for EACH buff on her.
  • Interesting. Very interesting. Shoretrooper’s basic can inflict CC down, just thought I’d throw that in there
  • Thoughts on Thrawn lead, Palp, zVeers Death trooper and Shore? Think the extra protection from Thrawn and zVeers plus Palp might be pretty strong.

Plus constant offense up from zVeers and Palp.
  • Good write up BTW. I think I'm gonna hold on to Zetas till March to see what else rolls out. Hopefully all Empire/Darkside
  • This is not a good write up, it's an excellent write up.

So between Vader and Palpatine, both already maxed out, I've got one zeta ready. I should put this on Palpatine's leader ability first?
  • SorenEngels
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    i was thinking a palp lead with vader, shore, DT and thrawn but there is no cleanse so.. maybe putting general kenobi insted of DT would be the best option?
  • Deathtrooper is only getting better vs Rebels. Since his basic double taps rebels, it'll be a debuff expiring everytime it converts Daze to Stun.
  • DasMurich wrote: »
    This is not a good write up, it's an excellent write up.

So between Vader and Palpatine, both already maxed out, I've got one zeta ready. I should put this on Palpatine's leader ability first?

It really depends, but I doubt it unfortunately. We don't know what the Zeta adds to Vader's unique vs how much speed he gets without it, and I'm pretty sure Palps will need that 50% protection and 5% stacking just to survive a round or two.
  • DasMurich wrote: »
    This is not a good write up, it's an excellent write up.

One upper lol
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    This was really easy on the eyes and brain. Excellent layout and break down. Nice job man.
  • so you are saying that Death trooper is better in a empire team instead of general kenobi, just shore trooper as tank?
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    so you are saying that Death trooper is better in a empire team instead of general kenobi, just shore trooper as tank?

Could have a Z Savage as a cleanser? Thrawn can also cleanse.
  • Wampa? excellent with vader, and keeps the DOTs going
  • Don’t think that thrawn fits well into a Palp lead team. I would go for EP, DV, DT, DN, ST.