Optimal Speed Grand Admiral Thrawn

Pile
619 posts Member
What are the thoughts on the best speed setting for Thrawn? I've seen, in passing people advocate for having him anywhere from as fast as possible to keeping him on the slower side. My instincts say that speed is King in this game but that approach seems to make thrawn less effective by reducing the duration of fracture. Thoughts?

Replies

• It's simple:

Raid? Speed down, you need to last long. And if he has the two zetas and leads an empire team, even better.

Arena? Speed. You need to fracture ASAP and also multiple times. Furthermore, his TM swap will be more effective if he gains tm faster.
  • Other thing is that his Fracture time is extended (he and fractured toon) when an Empire ally uses a special. You want speed in arena so he can fracture faster. Make sure to zeta Ebb and Flow so he counters 100%.
  • Pile wrote: »
    See, this is what I thought but started to second guess myself when I started seeing a lot of people advocating reduced speed.

Reduced speed makes fracture last longer. Nothing more than this. But you also need to think about how fast you will be able to land it. If your whole team gets killed by 230+ speed toons before he can make a single move, he's useless. That's why in the arena you'll need him to be as fast as possible. In raids a longer fractures will be more important than an early one.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Slow speed increases the duration of fracture, but it also increases the duration in between fractures. I haven't tested this at all, but i'd wager having a slow thrawn isn't beneficial at all, in any game mode.
    Maybe if you've got TM boosters that you can use while fracture is on cool down like bb8 it could work well in raids.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Slow speed Thrawn is essential for IGM in P3 of HAAT - basically, run him at basic speed without any mods so his fracture is easier to control.

In Arena, I run my Thrawn at 280 speed (+125) and I find it immensely useful for getting a quick fracture off, or doing a TM swap to get rid off initial JTR debuffs or CLS buff imunity.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Putnam
    194 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I run my thrawn in raids at 265 speed. You want him fast so he can get back to having a fracture ready fast.

IGM is kinda old I use the team with ackbar, bb8 and CLS.

Speed = always better. Give him speed
  • 280 speed thrawn here. In p3 i use standar ackbar team. Very useful with high speed, bcause he can recover others protection quickly. I don't really care about fracture last long/short. Bcause when use ackbar team, most attack come from assist so he can't counter.
  • Mine is 260. That’s about as fast as I can get him with the mods I have available.
  • I run Thrawn as slow as I can with Titans in arena. And I still often swap TM with someone before fracturing. It gets me past R2's stealth so I can fracture who I want, not who's not stealthed. Once I fracture Rey, her team crumbles. Same with Acolyte or zombie. I get 1st daily, but I know I'm an exception. Who knows, one day I may run him fast and find out that speed is better. But not today.
  • TurgonGW wrote: »
    Slow speed Thrawn is essential for IGM in P3 of HAAT - basically, run him at basic speed without any mods so his fracture is easier to control.

In Arena, I run my Thrawn at 280 speed (+125) and I find it immensely useful for getting a quick fracture off, or doing a TM swap to get rid off initial JTR debuffs or CLS buff imunity.

I run through p2-4 with the same mods as always on Thrawn.... as fast as possible. Since Fracture's 50% speed down doesn't stack with Speed Down, it's more about the TM reduction and keeping people alive with GAC's protection regen. I'd rather Fracture end immediately, honestly.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    TurgonGW wrote: »
    Slow speed Thrawn is essential for IGM in P3 of HAAT - basically, run him at basic speed without any mods so his fracture is easier to control.

I run through p2-4 with the same mods as always on Thrawn.... as fast as possible. Since Fracture's 50% speed down doesn't stack with Speed Down, it's more about the TM reduction and keeping people alive with GAC's protection regen. I'd rather Fracture end immediately, honestly.
    I use ID all the time when fracture is on. I could care less how long fracture lasts on the Raid.
  • I care because it halves Thrawns speed for minimal gain. Thrawn losing half his speed in exchange for -%30 counter chance & an extra %25 slower boss is a bad trade.
  • For arena
    I would go with a faster thrawn. Remember that his speed os 50% when fracturing. So compare different speeds when fracturing:
    200 speed = 100 speed when fracturing
    240 speed = 120 speed when fracturing
    280 speed = 140 speed when fracturing

I would never slow down thrawn or any character in arena to 200, and i dont see a big difference between 240 and 280, so the faster the better.

As others have said, getting the fracture or cleanse off at the start of rhe battle is the difference between an easy team (slow) and a challenging team (fast).

If you have a Rex lead, thrawn would get tm on crits so you might find the fast thrawn to be really bad.

For raids
    It depends on which phase and whether you need protection regen alot. If you need a slow thrawn for a phase, i pull off the speed set arrow.