Character Strategy: Sith Marauder

Prev13
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited February 2018
UNIT NAME: Sith Marauder
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Sith, Attacker
Destructive Sith Attacker that takes advantage of all buffs and debuffs in battle
kuba6mcmmr9y.gif

ABILITIES:

Basic: STRENGTH THROUGH PASSION
6gk56pbr27u7.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Offense Down for 2 turns.

Special 1: VICTORY THROUGH POWER
9g9zxs7kwif3.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and grant all allies Potency Up for 2 turns.
  • Characters: If this attack scores a Critical Hit, reduce the target's Max Health by 15% until end of the encounter (not resistible).
  • Raid Bosses: This attack ignores Armor.

Unique: THE FORCE SHALL FREE ME
Sith Marauder has +10% Defense, +10% Health Steal and +10% Tenacity for each buff on all characters. Sith Marauder has +2% Critical Chance, +2% Offense and +2% Potency for each debuff on all characters. When an enemy uses an ability outside of their turn, Sith Marauder gains 20% Turn Meter.

General Strategy, Synergy and Utilization

In PvE...

Sith Marauder’s basic ability, “Strength Through Passion,” generates Offense Down that helps reduce the damage coming at the team and gives an additional debuff which scales up his own damage.

His Special, “Victory Through Power,” is very effective in dealing damage against Raid bosses and grants Potency Up. The Potency Up should allow teams like Vader/Wampa to more reliably apply negative effects.

Marauder’s Unique, “The Force Shall Free Me,” scales exceedingly well with Vader lead, as it helps Sith Marauder spin up over time. The Health Steal and Offense scaling also plays well with Nihilus lead and allows Marauder to recover quickly when he attacks.

In PvP...

Sith Marauder hits hard and his saber-throw is as mesmerizing as it is deadly. Marauder fits in nicely with a Zeta-upgraded Darth Vader-led squad. The persistence of Damage Over Time effects means Marauder will have a consistent damage boost throughout the encounter.

Sith Marauder also pairs nicely with Wampa, since both have strong synergy with Vader’s lead. When they’re all together, Vader, Marauder and the gang do considerable damage in Territory Wars, slicing through their opponents with style and malice.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Q&A

Q: How will this character be obtainable?
    • A: Detailed information will be provided in our upcoming Game Update

Q: How can a character use an ability outside of their turn?
    • A: Counters/Assists
    Characters: If this attack scores a Critical Hit, reduce the target's Max Health by 15% until end of the encounter.
    Q: Will this have to go through the potency/tenacity check, or is it not resistible?
    • A: Not resistible

Q: Is there a cooldown for Marauders special ability?
    • A: 4 turn cooldown

Q: What if a character does their assist during the Marauders turn?
    • A: It's their turn so Marauder won't get TM.
      Like Han Solo attacking twice with his basic on his turn won't trigger it, but if he attacks twice outside of his turn then Marauder gains 40% TM
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Is he going to be marquee or straight to farm?
  • Options
    "When an enemy uses an ability outside of their turn, he gains 20% TM". What does this mean? How can a character use ability outside of their own turn? Or which character does that? I mean they can ATTACK outside of their turn by countering/assisting, but using ability? How?
  • Options
    Straight out of SWTOR, even the armor looks the same. Nice.
  • Options
    When an enemy uses an ability outside of their turn, Sith Marauder gains 20% Turn Meter.
    How can someone use an ability outside of their turn?
  • Options
    KhazRaDhor wrote: »
    When an enemy uses an ability outside of their turn, Sith Marauder gains 20% Turn Meter.

counter attacks
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Kinda looks like Revan except mask is a little different. Will we be able to farm him right away?
  • Options
    "When an enemy uses an ability outside of their turn, he gains 20% TM". What does this mean? How can a character use ability outside of their own turn? Or which character does that? I mean they can ATTACK outside of their turn by countering/assisting, but using ability? How?

An ability is any move a char makes, so basics are an ability. Which means that all those counters will feed 20% TM per EACH one.
  • Options

Guessing that what it means. Basic attack is an ability.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    KhazRaDhor wrote: »

counter attacks

And assists.
  • Options
    This is crazy and I like the kit!

Any information on how we will obtain him?

Any information you are willing to share when he/she will be released?

Any information if this will be the only character released...ie another sith master? EU?
  • Options

Basic attack is an ability
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Will be strong with Dooku in the team... or some whacky Gar Saxon led team
  • Options
    Looks so badass. Best looking character in SWGOH currently.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Betting marquee release, farmable in 3 months and required for Revan two months after that.
  • Options
    Marquee event?
  • Options
    OMG emperor's wrath!
    I am so excited!
  • Options
    Normal attacks are abilities, too? Just... normal?
  • Options
    Yes all basics and specials are abilities
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    you should post base stats at G12 (no gear), lvl 85, 7*, NO Mods
  • Options
    Characters: If this attack scores a Critical Hit, reduce the target's Max Health by 15% until end of the encounter.

Will this have to go through the potency/tenacity check, or is it not resistable?
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    Will be strong with Dooku in the team... or some whacky Gar Saxon led team

It's when the enemy attacks out of turn. So when facing Rebels, JRey w/ BB8, NS, Ewoks, Phasma FO...
  • Options
    I'm skeptical this will be good paired with Wampa, who has AOE daze, which shuts down counters and assists
  • Options
    Another Old Republic toon...

Can't wait for REVAN! Not anytime soon, but betting he gets a Villain's Rise Event, or whatever they call it.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Something tells me there's even more to this month's update.

Sith Febuary!
  • Options
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet love sith
  • Options
    No cooldown for special?
  • Options
    Please don't use General Kenobi on a sith team. That's all I'm gonna say lol. Use Sith Trooper instead