Finally- I can build the Empire/Sith/DS arena team I've always wanted. Advice?

Kevern_Zaksor
894 posts Member
edited February 2018
Hey all, I've been waiting for a EP/Vader rework for a long time. Long enough to save four (4!) Zetas.

Looking for advice on building a new arena team. I'm not a complete purist so I wouldn't mind having a GK, CLS or even Han in there if necessary until I can get Shore, DT or Krennick where they need to be. So in the meantime, any advice on what I should do? This is what I'd like to work with for now:
t7fuxs.jpg
The zeta on Nihilus is his unique, IBAT on CLS and NC on R2.

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: I also have 16k crystals saved up so I'd be more than willing to drop some serious purples for gear for EP and Vader.
The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
-Sun Tzu

Replies

• I'm wondering if ep lead Vader Mt +2 would be a good start. With plague the enemy can't dispel debuffs. So Vader's dots would stay along with plague would be a good combo for damage plus tm gain when they were off. First turn stun Vader aoe Mt aoe. Then shock none of the plagued enemy's could do anything about the debuffs.
  • My MT is like gear.... -5 and 1 star and she's level 6. Completely useless right now
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Hey all, I've been waiting for a EP/Vader rework for a long time. Long enough to save four (4!) Zetas.

Looking for advice on building a new arena team. I'm not a complete purist so I wouldn't mind having a GK, CLS or even Han in there if necessary until I can get Shore, DT or Krennick where they need to be. So in the meantime, any advice on what I should do? This is what I'd like to work with for now:
    t7fuxs.jpg
    The zeta on Nihilus is his unique, IBAT on CLS and NC on R2.

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: I also have 16k crystals saved up so I'd be more than willing to drop some serious purples for gear for EP and Vader.

You’re gonna wanna finish that palp. He still needs to be max to make most of the buff :(
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    careful with Vader against Rey. Force Crush may not be countered, but it's basically giving a turn to Rey.

I mean it could give your team speed when Rey cleanses herself/others under EP's new lead... or heal Vader a bit. Be careful either way.

Also be careful if you decide to go Nihlus. If you throw health down on them every time they move, Rey gets 8% tm every time one of her teammates go.

That said, what would the +2 be on a EP, MT Vader be? Shore almost for sure, but then what? Tarkin? GK? Zombie?

Wish I could actually tell you an arena team, but I'm a g10 scrub.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    I'm wondering if ep lead Vader Mt +2 would be a good start. With plague the enemy can't dispel debuffs. So Vader's dots would stay along with plague would be a good combo for damage plus tm gain when they were off. First turn stun Vader aoe Mt aoe. Then shock none of the plagued enemy's could do anything about the debuffs.

Don’t you want dots to be cleansed for the tm (iirc) gain with the zeta? I mean they come right back too so...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Under EP's new lead, Talzin is the last toon you want in there. The lead grants bonuses in enemy dispels, which plague would prevent. I'm currently staying with my current arena team - EP (l) Thrawn DT Krennic Shore. It's good enough to get me to 1st almost every day in a Dec 15 shard, before the reworks.
  • Goodgil wrote: »
    Under EP's new lead, Talzin is the last toon you want in there. The lead grants bonuses in enemy dispels, which plague would prevent. I'm currently staying with my current arena team - EP (l) Thrawn DT Krennic Shore. It's good enough to get me to 1st almost every day in a Dec 15 shard, before the reworks.

You still get the bonus when they expire naturally. Currently the meta is Rey. There turn meter gains make plague/dots very destructive. We will see. Honestly if your just using Vader's dots for turn meter gains seems like kind of a waste against Rey squads.
  • I think it is hard to tell at this stage what would work best. I also think certain leads will work against some opponents and not others.
    To start with I would zeta lead and unique on EP & unique on vader and Thrawn. Starting team could be EP, DV, Thrawn, DN and GK. You have several good options there so have fun trying them out. If you can't decide what to do with all them Zetas you can always give them to me!
  • Alright guys I'll get my EP to gear 12.

My shard (Nov '16) is like half a meta behind so I have very little Rey to deal with. It's almost exclusively CLS, R2 and some combination of Chaze, Han, Thrawn, Wiggs and a few others.

Again, I don't have Krennick or Shore to work with right now... Certainly not Talzin.
    -Sun Tzu
  • I think it is hard to tell at this stage what would work best. I also think certain leads will work against some opponents and not others.
    To start with I would zeta lead and unique on EP & unique on vader and Thrawn. Starting team could be EP, DV, Thrawn, DN and GK. You have several good options there so have fun trying them out. If you can't decide what to do with all them Zetas you can always give them to me!

Thanks for the answer!! So you'd recommend EP zeta lead before Vader's? Of course, his hasn't changed from before but I'm wondering if there are new possibilities.

I think I'm going to zeta EP and Vader's non-leader abilities first then see what happens.
    -Sun Tzu
  • I think EP lead will be better based partly on what other posts are saying .I think you are right that to Zeta the uniques maybe a good place to start.
  • Wait to see what else is coming at the end of the month.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I think the name of the game for meta teams right now is turn meter gain, and EP leader skill does that possibly better than NS and JTR.

Look for empire/sith that debuff frequently to maximize this tm gain.

Of course there might be good combos with Vader lead, but i think the EP lead will be better on offense and defense.
  • For now I zeta'd the two uniques on Vader and EP. I'm going to hold on to my other two Zetas and see how things shake out. Thanks for the advice everyone!
    -Sun Tzu
  • HK666 wrote: »
    careful with Vader against Rey. Force Crush may not be countered, but it's basically giving a turn to Rey.

I mean it could give your team speed when Rey cleanses herself/others under EP's new lead... or heal Vader a bit. Be careful either way.

Also be careful if you decide to go Nihlus. If you throw health down on them every time they move, Rey gets 8% tm every time one of her teammates go.

That said, what would the +2 be on a EP, MT Vader be? Shore almost for sure, but then what? Tarkin? GK? Zombie?

I actually find RJT moving quickly nice. She unstealths right away and then you can shock fracture stun and kill her. Once she is gone the team crumbles.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    HK666 wrote: »

I actually find RJT moving quickly nice. She unstealths right away and then you can shock fracture stun and kill her. Once she is gone the team crumbles.

yep, just focus on getting a fracture off and it's game over, takes care of cls teams as well.
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Well, in case anyone was wondering three months later, I'm now using EP, Vader, DN, Thrawn and GK. I've taken first a few times so I was finally able to check that off my GoH bucket list- I've had two 1/1 finishes in both arenas so far.

The only teams that give me real issues are the ones that look like mine except with Sion as the tank. He's rough, even at 3-4 stars and G11.
    -Sun Tzu