What to buy with $?

Started playing a couple days ago. I'm not sure if I want to spend money on this game yet but if I end up playing it for a while I probably will.

So with that being said, what do I spend money on?

Replies

• Energy refreshes
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Never buy the 5-330 packs, only ones with guaranteed drops. (Like the 10-20 dollar ones)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Buy crystal vaults. with those crystals you'll get everything else, energy refreshes and gear from the shop. Occasionaly you can buy those 10/20 dollars pack to get shards. run away from 5-330 shards packs unless you don't really care spending a lot just to get 1 char 7 starred( which you'll need to gear and level up right after).
  • You have multi layers of energy refresh costs. For basic energy they start at 50 and go 100, 150... I could be wrong I never went over 100 since I am f2p. For cantina energy they go 100-200- etc. F2P players should use the 1st layer refreshes every day. Paying players ussualy go for 1st and 2nd layer. Rarely do I hear someone going for over 3rd layer.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    depending what you have visible, the starter packs are a good deal. they give you a stated amount of stuff for a stated price. no need to worry about the 5-330 "deals". Not to mention you can make choices to pick what you want to start farming based on what packs you buy.

once you are past that point refreshes are your best bet. if you have a large budget or dont mind spending a fair amount of crystals at once, chromium are ok at the beginning because you will not get anyone you have 7*. but there is also no guarantee that you will get anyone super useful at your lvl.
  • There are several key purchases on this game. For those of us who were already a bit advanced, the $4.99 packs were a good buy for converting the shards for the shard store (a feature you will learn about later on). At your level the $4.99 packs are a great value to jump start your roster.

Don't buy the 5 - 330 packs, especially the faction ones. I've never had success with them.

When new characters (toons) come out they usually come with a pack you can buy in the store for real money, and a 5 - 330 pack for crystals. Those 5 - 330 packs are a gamble and I don't risk it.

Buy crystals when they are have promos running that give you an extra 25% return (sigh, where is my vault, sigh), or only buy vaults for the value. A vault can last you a very long time if you are conservative.

It may not make sense for you to spend crystals on refreshes at your level. At 85 it is a no brainer, and I use those refreshes to farm gear salvage for the most part.

Hope this helps. Everyone has a different approach. Hope you enjoy the game!
  • RaylekZen
    43 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    When you guys say energy refreshes do you mean buy both Catina and regular enegry refresh?
  • Shots
    26 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    RaylekZen wrote: »
    When you guys say energy refreshes do you mean buy both Catina and regular enegry refresh?

Yes, they refresh on their own or you can "help" them to refresh by paying crystals. They refresh on they own every couple mins = 1 energy. If you refresh them with crystals youll get, 100 or so, plus the little money thing to farm battles.

Every refresh of cantina or regular energy will eventually up the cost of crystals to spend. So for instance, cantina will cost you 100 to refresh, youll spend a 100 2-3 times and then it jumps to 200 crystals and then to 400 and then to 800.

Catina is great for farming toons.

The other regular energy is great for farming for gear.

Both are separate buys, however regular energy costs only 50 to refresh starting out instead of the 100 for cantina.
  • Thanks for all the help! Are any of the new Sith bundles worth buying?
  • RaylekZen wrote: »

A good bottle of wine and an aerator for it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    RaylekZen wrote: »

A good bottle of wine and an aerator for it.

that's just going to make him spend more

edit: which will help him in the game. I see you working, wp
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • The darth vader bundle is a steal for early game players imo
  • RaylekZen wrote: »

So with these new bundles that have popped up, I have some recommendations.

Emperor's Demise Bundle - This is a great value, IMO. The 2000 crystals you get with it is key; which makes it cost more like $25 for the items and $15 for 2000 crystals. This pack comes with shards for three toons you need for CLS event, and also with 50 of each Hoth Brother, which is great. Not to mention the 1.5 mil in credits will help a lot at your level.

Dark Lord Bundle for $19.99 for Vader... do it all day long (you can only do it once in your lifetime, but still)

All for now.
  • already gave you a good number crunch here