Cool idea for "Let the Hate Flow"

MrGrips
521 posts Member
edited February 2018
So I know we JUST got the Palp/Vader rework, which is great, but I couldn't help but share this idea since I think its a cool game mechanic (and since health steal up for 1 turn is pretty meh).

What if "Let the Hate Flow" let you corrupt one of your squad, turning them into an empire character? (temporarily of course.)

So maybe something like:

Let the Hate Flow
All other units lose 5% Health and Palptine recovers Health equal to 150% the total amount lost. Palpatine gains 50% Turn Meter for each Shocked enemy. Grant target ally 20% turn meter and unique buff Hatred Unleashed for 3 turns. (Cooldown 3)

Hatred Unleashed: If Empire or Sith gain +25% Offense and inflict a Damage Over Time for 3 turns when attacking, which can't be resisted. Otherwise, instead gain the Empire tag. If a Jedi, also gain Sith tag. Cannot be resisted or dispelled.

The DoT would count with palp's leader as a debuff, and the tags applied would work with any relevant leadership or uniques. So just imagine the synergy that might arise from making CLS or whoever, empire!

What do you guys think? I know itll never happen but it seemed like a fun idea. Also would be pretty lore friendly, sort of, and is an interesting idea for a mechanic.
Post edited by MrGrips on