the best way to make Sidious viable

Make his leadership a Unique.
Simple as that, just change his lead ability to be a unique and he'll be great toon again. He'll be amazing in raids like that (you can finally use Zader with Sid) and also will be able to be in arena teams. Especially with the reworked Palp and Vader.
Just shift his leader ability to another unique. His leader anyway don't worth, its the level of a unique.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    It would be a fairly good unique.
  • Minetaridge
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    There is a team that uses his leader to solo phase 4 of tank. If we turn that leader ability into a unique, that would be extremely OP. It's not even a zeta.

I'm all for it, but I doubt it would work.
    Hit the gym.
  • btw, even changing it to "Sith allies" instead of all allies when shiting it to unique is enough. he'll become a beast near EzPz and Vader (z Unique) and will finally have something to offer.

this idea comes from R2-D2 2 uniques that share huge bonuses, from Chirrut unique that give HoTs to all rebels, from Barris that heals all allies, BB-8 give bonus to all droids... Sidious should have this too. since his leader is very weak and barely useful, putting to as a unique, even for Sith allies only, will be amazing!

and no, its not OP @Minetaridge . its big bonuses, thats all. if lot of lightsiders can benefit whole teams, i think Sidious can benefit siths only, at least. Zidious is pretty weak still, because he can use only 3 of his abilities, his leader goes to waste from the start, unused. who would choose this kind of leader ? giving this 30% CD and offense overtime will be great supporting tool for siths. they need it. you can compare anything that use Zidious to those teams that can solo the haat or at least from P2-P4. Zidious can, and should, be able to support this team in this kind of thing. his leadership is outdated, but as a unique - its great. i have no problem if they make it a zeta aswell.
  • Sidious is the new r2, I like it.
    Hit the gym.
  • My idea for Sid was just double the numbers on his leader
  • I think making Sid's unique help allies would be great but as is I think his zeta is one of the most underrated in the game. Not arena worthy, possibly now with EP and Vader reworks.. but I use him on my zaul team and once he and zaul start killing the match is over. Plus if you use potency mods on him they are basically doubled as health mods. Not to mention he is pretty fast. Zid is one of my new old favorite toons.
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    My idea for Sid was just double the numbers on his leader

that'll be good for raids, thats all. i want him to be viable for arena aswell, and just TONS of damage won't help in that (although doubling the CD and offense bonus gonna make it easy for Siths to beat GK Zarris even, which was a big factor in why siths arent meta now)
  • I think zaul might be viable again with the Vader and EP reworks. Zid would be able to be arena useable under stealth..
  • Dev 8:00 am meeting 2/7/2018

Leader Dev: Hey everyone, any new changes we need to make?
    Cozi: Yes, some dude named ewqewqc wants to make Sid super OP, arena viable, best character in raids, etc TONS of damage.
    Rest of Devs: Say no more, we will get working on this right away!
  • Themy wrote: »
    Dev 8:00 am meeting 2/7/2018

Leader Dev: Hey everyone, any new changes we need to make?
    Cozi: Yes, some dude named ewqewqc wants to make Sid super OP, arena viable, best character in raids, etc TONS of damage.
    Rest of Devs: Say no more, we will get working on this right away!

Wanting one of the strongest sith to ever live, the one that defeated the jedis almost completey, to be arena viable is bad?
    And he still won't be the best character for raids. But he can be great there.
    And it's not OP. This is actually balanced. It'll give big bonus to some of the team. R2D2 will still be more useful than Sid after this "changes". Imagine Barris unique as leader. You think someone will use her? No one. This is the case with Sid Leadership - just like barris unique, it's very strong and useful, but not enough to be a leader ability, but a "secondary" leader ability. This is why it should be a unique. Yes, Sid will be much stronger. He'll be almsot as useful as barris, or r2, or chirrut with revels. But not OP still. And as I said, I fine with swap it to "sith allies only" instead of all allies.
    But, after all, I hope this is how the meeting will go :)
  • Hmm I like the idea actually. Something like that would be good to his kit. I personally don’t think Sid is that bad a character though. When zeta’d and under a Palp lead he will be literally one of the tankiest characters in game as far as health goes. And has plenty of debuffs to land. Arena he might not be the best choice but he’s a great character for TB.
  • Why is it when anyone describes any sith they describe them as "one of the strongest sith ever"?
  • Why is it when anyone describes any sith they describe them as "one of the strongest sith ever"?

I think anyone describes any character they like in the way because they are biased. Just like people will say about Mace, Luke, Yoda, etc.. But really all characters have different attributes they are better at then others. Some are more wise, some more powerful in the force, some better at lightsaber combat, etc.. So technically they might be right.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    *spoiler alert if you haven’t seen the prequels*
    Since Sidious is Palpatine, the game is just making 2 versions of him with different emphases, kinda like what they did with several other characters. And they just did an update to make the legendary version of him appropriately epic. But that doesn’t necessarily mean the other version needs to be fantastic as well. Is it a problem that Farmboy Luke isn’t used while CLS is the best character in the game or Stormtrooper Han isn’t that great when looking at raid Han? Seems to me the same can be said of Sidious and Emperor Palpatine. Sidious is a decent character, but he wasn’t meant to be epic because they have a better version of him already.

I haven't heard anyone describe Sith Assasin or Sith Trooper like that. Maybe its because the named sith were among the strongest ones ever?
  • about the "every sith is is one of the strongest"...
    Sidious considered one of the best by many. every fan that will list siths will put him top3 basically (or top5, max). he evaded the jedis, rise to power near them, destroyed them all, manipulated so much.
    Vader, for example, iconic as he seems, lot of people will put him outside top5, and even outside top10.
    as a sith, Darth sidious is one of the best, simple as that. Vitiate will also be considered top3 often, and DN aswell.
    Cause anyone after Bane was a masterful force user and duelist due to how the rule of two worked. Only notable ones before Bane were Valkorian and Nihilus
  • Coruscant had a sith temple. The Jedi built a temple over it, this is where the Jedi counsel reside in the movies and show. Sidious knew of this temple since he is a sith. It was actually really easy for him to manipulate the Jedi, since the old sith temple was causing their powers to be clouded.

Sidious was playing 4d chess.
    Hit the gym.
  • I'm not understanding this. +30% critical damage and a 15% critical chance, how is that a bad leadership ability? And how would you shift a leader skill, that's applied to everyone, to a unique skill that only he would take advantage of?

I use him in Phase 2 of the tank raid so I can save Boba for phase 4. Still do a lot of damage with him as lead.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Arcaver wrote: »
    I'm not understanding this. +30% critical damage and a 15% critical chance, how is that a bad leadership ability? And how would you shift a leader skill, that's applied to everyone, to a unique skill that only he would take advantage of?

I use him in Phase 2 of the tank raid so I can save Boba for phase 4. Still do a lot of damage with him as lead.

I think the idea is more supposed to be like R2's Number Crunch, where it's not a leader, but still a buff to the rest of the team.
  • DarthDyna wrote: »
    Arcaver wrote: »
    I'm not understanding this. +30% critical damage and a 15% critical chance, how is that a bad leadership ability? And how would you shift a leader skill, that's applied to everyone, to a unique skill that only he would take advantage of?

I think the idea is more supposed to be like R2's Number Crunch, where it's not a leader, but still a buff to the rest of the team.

Exactly. Change it to unique that give all *Siths* the CC and CD and offense. And currently, as a leader ability, it's a pretty bad one. Just look at everything others gives you
  • Sidious relevant by giving his AoE daze so it cant be countered.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    ewqewqc wrote: »
    DarthDyna wrote: »
    Arcaver wrote: »

Exactly. Change it to unique that give all *Siths* the CC and CD and offense. And currently, as a leader ability, it's a pretty bad one. Just look at everything others gives you

No easily farmable character should have that type of amazing unique.

Sidious doesn't need to be viable we have Palpatine as the viable version of him.
  • every character need to be viable, Sidious especially since he's based on amazing sith. this is just low-effort comment what you wrote there @Naraic

and easily farmable ? im sorry to tell you, but legendary characters are the easiest farms that old players can have. almost no effort. if a long time player now need to buy a toon from a store / get from legendary - he'll get the legendary before. Palp is more obtainable than Sidious probably, for players who didnt start play very late.
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    *spoiler alert if you haven’t seen the prequels*
    Since Sidious is Palpatine,

Noooooooo
    Man, you should really use this
    Sidious is Palpatine

Unlimited Power!!!!
  • Just copy & paste his stats from the phoenix/nightsisters event.

He will solo everything....... Everything.