Sith Marauder countering RJT?

So we don't know any stats for the Sith Marauder besides his abilities, but could he be a good counter for the Rey (Jedi Training) teams? After the first minute or so, illuminated destiny is going to go off and he's going to get a ton of extra damage, health steal, etc. from all those buffs. If you make it through to that point, could he clean up? Or will he not be enough to overcome those teams>

Replies

• I guess he's exactly the answer to the current meta. The JTR teams will boost him directly and very hard. BB-8 counters and calls assists...40% TM. Also NS working with Buffs/Debuffs and he reduces Health to the end of the match...zDaka/zVentress counter
  • The EP/Zader rework helped with most of the puzzle for the current arena - Marauder is no hard counter - but he'll go a long ways in helping. SAss is also there - she can punch a hole through BB8 at g12 by herself.

But then there's the choice between SAss, DN, and Thrawn - I suppose at the top end it'll be situational - even assuming it shakes out like it should.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • zZader, SM, SA, EzP, Sith Trooper could be META counter or even the META.

Or watch the next toon is a new Sith tank that cleanses. So do have to choose between boosting SM or DV.
  • Isnt Savage their cleanser? Though Darth Sion sounds like he would fit the Tank Who Cleanses description pretty closely.
  • Foresight and 4 turn CD might hold him back
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    It's important not to judge characters by their kits alone.

Look at Holdo. Everyone was convinced she would remove Kenobi from best tank for rjt squads until she was actually released.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    It's important not to judge characters by their kits alone.

Look at Holdo. Everyone was convinced she would remove Kenobi from best tank for rjt squads until she was actually released.

Good point. But Holdo has 90 speed, Marauder has 142 speed. His health and protection is good too. So he is a solid character. But I'm not sure how well he would do against Jedi Rey teams
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Random9 wrote: »
    So we don't know any stats for the Sith Marauder besides his abilities,
    we actually do though...
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/sith-marauder/
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sith Marauder release, then next revan, malgus, or sith/darth whoever. Seems scary :flushed:
  • leef wrote: »
    Random9 wrote: »
    So we don't know any stats for the Sith Marauder besides his abilities,
    we actually do though...
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/sith-marauder/

@leef I posted this before that was out on swgoh.gg
  • I'm looking for the ideal 5th for EP (l), Vader, Thrawn and Kenobi. DN, DT and GMT all work well, but I'm hoping SM can provide some more burst damage.