Territory Pairing & More, Confused Guilds Are Curious

Alright, so there still seems to be a small amount of confusion within our guild regarding the items in the title of this discussion. We've all be thinking what we've been thinking was correct, only to find out that we all did not share the same understanding of what was what. Now knowing every possible equation to what goes into the matchmaking would be cool to learn, it is not what I'm asking for. I've listed the questions/items below with my understanding of item following that. Hopefully, CG_Kozispoon or another CG could clear up these annoying questions/items.

1) Matchmaking - Is it 1st limited to the GP of active members taking part in the TW currently underway?

2) What other factors go into this? (IE; # of zetas, CS, active members GP average not just the total GP)

3) Is it possible for 2 guilds competing with each other to be playing for a different tier/tier reward? (IE; If my active GP is between 80.0 - 89.9 would I ever be playing against 90.0 - 99.9)

There are definitely more things I can get into regarding this, but I'm hopeful that the answers provided will inadvertently answer those additional questions before asking. For the record, here are my short answers/understanding for the questions I've listed above.

1) Yes, active total GP is looked at first placing you within a set tier for rewards and then matched with someone else within that same tier using additional factors.

2) My "IE" examples are to name a few. # of zetas assigned within the active members, CS, participating members GP average, total number of guild wins/loses, possibly more

3) No, see answer to the 1st question

@CG_Kozispoon

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    1) active GP is a factor and that is all we know.

2) we don't know, now should they tell us IMHO. That will just lead to guilds trying to game the system

3)I believe so.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Kozi has said that active gp excluding characters under 6k is a portion of the matchmaking.
  • Old_Man_Jenkins
    234 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I can confirm that win loss has nothing to do with matchmaking. Only 1 win here and it was the first territory war, all others have been stomps ):

Although I will add we have been at the "bottom" end of the section. As in 30 mil gp in the 30-35 section which I think attributes to it.
  • 3) is definitely possible, it has happened to my guild twice.
  • Good post, would be interested to hear how matchmaking is determined.
  • Being that not everyone has a swgoh•gg (I know right??), it's hard to see everything all of the time. You can however get a better feel for the opponents overall GP by searching them up in-game to see the correct number of members vs swgoh•gg that shows you gp average and totals for those with an account. In our case, we have been equal in total GP (within 10m) and average GP (within 250k-ish). We're in the 80's or 90's depending on how many of us are participating. Which is where this main question is stemming from. Sometimes if we are 90,000,001m gp in participating members, we hesitate until a couple more of us join in to at least get us to the middle ground (95m gp). Expecting that to be a better position to be in. We would like to know if that concern is even warranted.

That's really it.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Being that not everyone has a swgoh•gg (I know right??), it's hard to see everything all of the time. You can however get a better feel for the opponents overall GP by searching them up in-game to see the correct number of members vs swgoh•gg that shows you gp average and totals for those with an account. In our case, we have been equal in total GP (within 10m) and average GP (within 250k-ish). We're in the 80's or 90's depending on how many of us are participating. Which is where this main question is stemming from. Sometimes if we are 90,000,001m gp in participating members, we hesitate until a couple more of us join in to at least get us to the middle ground (95m gp). Expecting that to be a better position to be in. We would like to know if that concern is even warranted.

That's really it.

That question has already been answered. Per Kozi, rewards brackets and just for rewards, and matchmaking need not be within brackets.
  • Well that's just pathetic. So my 1st place reward for playing a higher level guild could be the same as their 2nd place reward??

Example:

50m bracket - 1st place - 1 zeta VS 60m bracket - 2nd place - 1 zeta
    110m bracket - 1st place 2 zeta VS 120m bracket - 2nd place - 2 zeta

Because, lets be honest here. The bragging rights are really nice to have, but most of us are really in it for the zeta mats and misc rewards.
    Liath wrote: »
    That question has already been answered. Per Kozi, rewards brackets and just for rewards, and matchmaking need not be within brackets.

The developers should really just amend/post in the "how to" information regarding Territory Wars with how the match making works and be done with it instead of having to ask so many questions for partial answers...and not always from the source but from players like myself.

• I agree 100%. :/ It doesn't look right.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yes, that has happened.

I find it about as likely that they will tell us the full matchmaking mechanics as that they will tell us the drop rates on everything in the game.
  • Thanatos123
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes, that has happened.

I find it about as likely that they will tell us the full matchmaking mechanics as that they will tell us the drop rates on everything in the game.

When money comes into play, it is a requirement to be told the drop rates. Just like the lottery.
    Now knowing every possible equation to what goes into the matchmaking would be cool to learn, it is not what I'm asking for.

No where did I request the full mechanics as that could open them up to someone manipulating the mechanics. Just want to know is this the case by a developer or moderator not random players like myself. I can read 100,000 posts in other threads that have 99.99% of he said/she said.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yes, that has happened.

When money comes into play, it is a requirement to be told the drop rates. Just like the lottery.

All cash packs have set rewards with no rng. I am referring to drop rates within the game (nodes, credit heist, etc.).
  • Liath wrote: »
    All cash packs have set rewards with no rng. I am referring to drop rates within the game (nodes, credit heist, etc.).

ah. sorry for the misunderstanding.

that's where they (any game not just this one) get around that. you can buy currency with a guaranteed amount for a set amount of cash but how you spend it on drop rates they don't tell you is your own business.

this aren't the questions i seek answers for

I just want the answers to the questions I have in the initial post answered by someone near and dear to the source (EA) and that's that.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

ah. sorry for the misunderstanding.

that's where they (any game not just this one) get around that. you can buy currency with a guaranteed amount for a set amount of cash but how you spend it on drop rates they don't tell you is your own business.

this aren't the questions i seek answers for

I just want the answers to the questions I have in the initial post answered by someone near and dear to the source (EA) and that's that.

I’m sure you do. The point of my post was that I think it’s highly unlikely you will get the answers you seek.
  • Then I will continue to exploit the fact that these questions and others go unanswered or unresolved. Actually getting the answer(s) would be the super easy way to go.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Not sure what you mean by exploit, but ok.