Content Update 2/7/18 [MEGA]

1235Next

Replies

• Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Ok, so I dropped 3 zetas (already had one on Vader) becaue I’m super hyped.

But I test my new Vader on a Jedi Training Rey squad and it DEFINITELY seemed like his AOE got countered by BB8. Then Rey hit him because of the assist.

Also, it doesn’t quite seem like he’s getting that speed boost. I have him at 212 speed on an all Empire team, plus I was fighting against R2 and GK. Somehow he didn’t go first on my team. That boost should’ve 270 speed, which is faster than any toon I have with him.

Anyone else experience this? I’m gonna test it again to make sure but the rework seems off.

Check the speed on the opposing R2 and BB8. 270 is not very fast for them. And then whatever they have, if they're both on the team, they start with 16% TM. So if either of them is 234 speed or higher, they will start before your 270 speed vader.
  • Antmanndie wrote: »
    His speed boost isn't working. I have him at 231, running EP Dooku Thrawn and GK against JTR OB GK R2 and BB8 . BB speed is 278 R2 is 260, My dooku is 268 . It went BB8 R2 Vader Dooku

BB8 gives all droids a bonus of 8% TM times the number of droids on the team on the first move. So they got 16% TM to start. With a 278 BB8, that's an effective first-turn speed of 322. And for the 260 R2, it's 301.

Your Vader got a speed boost of 24 for your empire toons, and 32 (assuming Old Ben means two bonuses) for their Jedi and Rebel toons. So Vader's speed would be 231 + 24 + 32 = 287. So it sounds like the turn order was correct:

322 BB8
    301 R2
    287 Vader
    268 Dooku
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Ok, so I dropped 3 zetas (already had one on Vader) becaue I’m super hyped.

But I test my new Vader on a Jedi Training Rey squad and it DEFINITELY seemed like his AOE got countered by BB8. Then Rey hit him because of the assist.

Also, it doesn’t quite seem like he’s getting that speed boost. I have him at 212 speed on an all Empire team, plus I was fighting against R2 and GK. Somehow he didn’t go first on my team. That boost should’ve 270 speed, which is faster than any toon I have with him.

Anyone else experience this? I’m gonna test it again to make sure but the rework seems off.

Check the speed on the opposing R2 and BB8. 270 is not very fast for them. And then whatever they have, if they're both on the team, they start with 16% TM. So if either of them is 234 speed or higher, they will start before your 270 speed vader.

Yeah, forgot about that boost. I'll have to check again to be sure. Goal is to get Vader at 300 with boosts so in the end it might not matter.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Antmanndie wrote: »
    why do they get tm to start a battle

Check the BB-8 "Self Preservation Protocol" unique ability for the explanation:

"At the start of each encounter, if BB-8 is active, Droid allies gain 8% Turn Meter for each active Droid ally."
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon

Was Baze Malbus removed from the Guild Events Store or not and if so can you only farm him at the Shipments for Crystals and on his Hard Battle 9C Node or is their somewhere else? Also is he ever gonna come back or did he get replaced by someone else? Also if it was answered already could you please provide a link with a DEV Announcement please?

Stop asking over and over. It’s been answered (the answer is yes, he was removed) and nobody else is obligated to search out the post for you. Go find it yourself.
  • Ok would be great if Vader actually worked as they advertised. Just got owned by Raid Han and CLS because, wait for it, turn metre reduction!!!

That is meant to be the point of the zeta.

This was the most exciting development in the game for me for a longtime.

Ruined by being released with bugs, and also the ditching Vader into pay to play category

Very sad, I really like this game, but this is not how things should be, just my opinion

lmao that you can pay for vader doesn't make him pay to play ffs. He is easily farmable now through fleet store+achievements. Pay to play means you can ONLY get it paying
  • I'd still like to see a Padme and destroyer droid character. A rework of General Grievous would be cool too.
  • Big thank you to devs. There was a client restart for me this morning (Asia time) my Vader now seems to work as intended. Very efficient.

Still annoyed he is up for sale, rather than through achievements, but c’est la vie

Overall, on reflection, a good job guys.
  • I am as hyped as anyone with the decision to breathe a bit of new life into the characters of KOTOR, but with that and the new raid, no one seems to be bringing up the obvious. Each new raid brought a new sort of crunch and grind. To be fair I know the post is a teaser and there will be time for details later, but what kind of new crunch can we expect? Exclusive gear to go to G13? It would make sense now why certain G12 gear was added to shipments. Or is it new level 6/7 mods? 6/7 star mods were originally suppose to be included as HAAT rewards. Or will there be an increase in the level cap? To be honest none of those grinds sounds too enticing to me considering that territory wars made essentially every toon important.
  • Or it’s a new character
  • Whindanser wrote: »
    Or it’s a new character
    Thats pretty much as given as a new type of gear/mod/credit crunch :smile:. There’s been a new character added in each raid in addition to a new type of resource crunch.
  • I hate when I see questions like this, but now I have to ask one myself. Are we going to get refunds for all the crystals wasted buying refreshes to battle the RNG and get Starck now that he has a dedicated spot? This isn't like buying shards in shipments, we know those will get easier in time. This change, while beneficial to most people, is kind of frustrating to some of us who rushed forward to finish him. I know it's minor in the grand scheme of things, but darn if it isn't annoying.

For the record, I tried to going through the proper channels to register my feedback, but I was told repeatedly that it had to be addressed via the forums.
  • I am as hyped as anyone with the decision to breathe a bit of new life into the characters of KOTOR, but with that and the new raid, no one seems to be bringing up the obvious. Each new raid brought a new sort of crunch and grind.

This is my exact sentiment. On one hand I think everything coming in is great, but on the other, I'm very much expecting the gear/credit/materials crunch to swallow it all up.

Awesome new character additions, really like the recent reworks, happy about some coming changes but for me TB and TW have pushed the game in to the realm of - all you need now is everything.
  • Thessair wrote: »
    I hate when I see questions like this, but now I have to ask one myself. Are we going to get refunds for all the crystals wasted buying refreshes to battle the RNG and get Starck now that he has a dedicated spot? This isn't like buying shards in shipments, we know those will get easier in time. This change, while beneficial to most people, is kind of frustrating to some of us who rushed forward to finish him. I know it's minor in the grand scheme of things, but darn if it isn't annoying.

For the record, I tried to going through the proper channels to register my feedback, but I was told repeatedly that it had to be addressed via the forums.

No.
  • Franimus wrote: »
    Stay tuned... as in a tv show tie-in?

Maybe more like a tune-up, referring to vehicules? Ship hardware coming?
  • I'm surprised how there's no dark side in arena after rework big let down Im glad I didn't waist a zeta on them I feel sorry for people who did zeta them it's so hard to get a zeta in the 1st place hopefully something will b done either fix them or offer a refund would be nice
  • DasMurich wrote: »
    I am as hyped as anyone with the decision to breathe a bit of new life into the characters of KOTOR, but with that and the new raid, no one seems to be bringing up the obvious. Each new raid brought a new sort of crunch and grind.

This is my exact sentiment. On one hand I think everything coming in is great, but on the other, I'm very much expecting the gear/credit/materials crunch to swallow it all up.

Awesome new character additions, really like the recent reworks, happy about some coming changes but for me TB and TW have pushed the game in to the realm of - all you need now is everything.

Sounds like we are in agreement @DasMurich. The only thing that would probably be manageable for most people would be an increase in level to 90. Hopefully the new raid does something cool and is heavy on currency as a reward, i.e. guild store, guild event store, etc. instead of introducing the next level of gear or mods.
  • None of the zetas upgrade work.
    It is all an illusion.
  • I really wish that they'd done a ship Raid. With a release of the ship mods or the omega. Could even be a new ship added, Red5/ CLS pilot. But perhaps there arent enough ships currently to support it. But I don't see why not.
  • As the title says will the raid be released on February or the next month, will we also more information via game changers or Devs about the raid if it is not releasing in Feb.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Another Marquee event....really? Sorry but that kills the excitement for marauder 100% for me and other FTP....can we actually get them just released to a farmable spot for once?

Colonel starck, hermit Yoda, wampa, hoth han and technically hoth Leia and IPD all became farmable on release.
    They have to make money somehow. You should be grateful that they give us these characters for free on release. 3* or not. Before marquees we got nothing

Edit: I'm F2P as well just not greedy like you

Lmao ok let me stop you right there for a second. First off, Hoda and Wampa are not farmable by standard terms. You need several TB’s and a high powered guild to get them. So try again.

IDP and ROLO are not farmable. You need special events in a TB to do so, IDP’s being near impossible without Zeers. So try again.

CHS is on an end game Cantina node that requires 16 energy. By definition, farmable, but a long hard farm.

Only today does Starck get a guaranteed slot in guild store, but out of the group the most farmable of them all. Good job!

But with recent characters like the vets, KRU, SFTFP, Rose, Holdo, and now Maurader all being pushed in marquee events requiring a long wait to use before being available to buy in chromiums and crystal shipments, and THEN finally a farmable spot 4-6 months after the event.

So no, it’s not greed, it’s a reasonable expectation for a character to be released once in awhile in a farmable location off the bat to appease F2P players. And no, not Pao. But hey I guess I’m just crazy.

Haha reasonable expectation? What a joke.
    All those toons I listed are in reasonable farming locations. Small fry like yourself (I only say that cause you consider hoth han node to be "end game node" and IPD and ROLO "not farmable".)

How exactly are they not farmable? Imperial troopers are completely F2P, so is hoth han and the hoth solider/scout.

Hermit Yoda and wampa are not farmable by standard terms? They're in a shipment. You can get currency for that shipment and purchase them. That's exactly what I did . Not that long a farm really.
    Starck had a spot, whatever about it being dedicated just this week but thats not a big deal. I had him 7* before he was given the dedicated spot.
    Focus your resources and character farming, Learn some patience maybe and stop feeling entitled

EDIT: zetas are also F2P so you can get your zeers ;)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    westenger wrote: »
    Ok would be great if Vader actually worked as they advertised. Just got owned by Raid Han and CLS because, wait for it, turn metre reduction!!!

That is meant to be the point of the zeta.

This was the most exciting development in the game for me for a longtime.

Ruined by being released with bugs, and also the ditching Vader into pay to play category

Very sad, I really like this game, but this is not how things should be, just my opinion

lmao that you can pay for vader doesn't make him pay to play ffs. He is easily farmable now through fleet store+achievements. Pay to play means you can ONLY get it paying

Wrong - you get it quicker paying.

Sith Marauder was out in the Marquee Event - everyone has him. But beyond 3* - he's pay to play, for about 6 months until he becomes farmable somewhere.