Why is r2 d2 considered resistance?

If you have watched the sequels like i have, you know that r2d2 has had practically no impact for the resistance. Yeah he figured out where luke was but it didnt matter the FO just found their base and rey found luke without him. I am not suggesting we off the resistance tag from r2 but i just want to here your thoughts on why r2 is resistance

Replies

• I can go over how R2 was important towards the end of the force awakens, the flashbacks to Luke and r2, the hidden archives he's stolen from the empire/first order over the years.

Honestly, I think the devs just wanted to give resistance the ability to use burn.
    Hit the gym.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    moved to correct sub forum.

he is one of the only toons that doesn't fit the snap shot statements of how they tag toons, but then again maybe he does consider himself all those things.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    he identifies as resistance too, mr. mcjudgey
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Because r2d2 is very very good and the developers want resistance to be the best faction

Maybe also because r2 is in very Star Wars movie

But to me he is a droid and a rebel, and that's it. I think galactic republic is just as silly for him as resistance. I know he hung out with the princess and all but I think Rebel is his true calling.

Wikipedia even thinks he is in the Jedi order https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/R2-D2
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • The logic about r2 is failed.. if r2 magically get resistance tag, so do vets bro
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Logic is failed all over this game. Don't worry about it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Making multiple versions of R2 just would not work. So they gave him the tag for all three trilogy eras so we don’t have to ever request another R2.
  • Making multiple versions of R2 just would not work. So they gave him the tag for all three trilogy eras so we don’t have to ever request another R2.

Why would not work? We have 4 han.. yes FOUR!! and possibilities of the fifth han in may.
    :frowning:
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Making multiple versions of R2 just would not work. So they gave him the tag for all three trilogy eras so we don’t have to ever request another R2.

Why would not work? We have 4 han.. yes FOUR!! and possibilities of the fifth han in may.

What could a whole new R2 really do that he doesn’t so already that would make sense?

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Fall over?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Making multiple versions of R2 just would not work. So they gave him the tag for all three trilogy eras so we don’t have to ever request another R2.

What could a whole new R2 really do that he doesn’t so already that would make sense?

"The solidity silence of R2?" Like, he just stand there in the corner like statue don't do anything. That is quite new :frowning: