Help me fine tune my phoenix squad

Hey all. So I am having a rough time beating other phoenix squads in my arena. I can do it, but sometimes I am missing a few seconds of gametime and get a draw. I have a feeling I am doing something wrong and I see lower GP phoenix squads beat people I could not. Here is my .gg account
https://swgoh.gg/u/lakson/
I am open to all suggestions. Thanks!
To make it easier to look trough, all my toons have mk 4-5 health mods except for ezra who has mk 1-2 offense mods and 2x mk5 HP mods.

Replies

• As a phnix spammer at 83, i find mirror matching really irritating. I always take out ezra first then kanan/ hera (if kanan have taunt so be it)

As for mods, i equip zeb and ezra with max speed, others are health and tenacity (especially Hera, since ability lock will not do well for a revive)
  • As a phnix spammer at 83, i find mirror matching really irritating. I always take out ezra first then kanan/ hera (if kanan have taunt so be it)

As for mods, i equip zeb and ezra with max speed, others are health and tenacity (especially Hera, since ability lock will not do well for a revive)

How do you get trough chopper and kannan taunts to ezra? I imagine that takes quite some time and you have to use ezra dispell as well wasting valuable damage. What I have been doing so far is:

Chopper dispells enemy chopper taunt to get rid of that annoying evasion. Ezra assist chopper/ hera assists ezra/ zeb staggers/kannan taunts to remove the debuff on ezra which is there 99% of the time/ take it how it goes from there. Focus on downing chopper down. Sometimes RNG just doesn't work for me and for a 60% double atk chance that ezra sure likes to take it slow...
  • More speed, on everyone.

No point having good characters if your enemy gets two turns to your one every time.

In Arena - the side that makes the first kill usually wins the battle.
  • More speed, on everyone.

No point having good characters if your enemy gets two turns to your one every time.

I am building up my resistance squad to get those spicy mark 5's. I'll eventually get strong enough to breeze trough. The problem is now tho.
  • LaksonVell wrote: »
    As a phnix spammer at 83, i find mirror matching really irritating. I always take out ezra first then kanan/ hera (if kanan have taunt so be it)

How do you get trough chopper and kannan taunts to ezra? I imagine that takes quite some time and you have to use ezra dispell as well wasting valuable damage. What I have been doing so far is:

Chopper dispells enemy chopper taunt to get rid of that annoying evasion. Ezra assist chopper/ hera assists ezra/ zeb staggers/kannan taunts to remove the debuff on ezra which is there 99% of the time/ take it how it goes from there. Focus on downing chopper down. Sometimes RNG just doesn't work for me and for a 60% double atk chance that ezra sure likes to take it slow...

If Ezra has no debuff that % should double. The first thing to get through taunts is speed, my ezra usually go first then zeb and hera as sequenced: Ezra calls zeb to daze enemy E, then zeb hit again for a stun, then hera calls Ezra to hit.

The speed enables zeb to inflict daze ( no counter), and stun if hit twice. (That is a strat to get thrawn 7* too)
    More speed, on everyone.

I am building up my resistance squad to get those spicy mark 5's. I'll eventually get strong enough to breeze trough. The problem is now tho.

I dont really fancy orange suit pilots Wigg, but they can one hit Ezra if you can get **** fast enough to go first. A team with Wigg, Lando, ST Han and Leia should be easier to farm than phnix
    More speed, on everyone.

I dont really fancy orange suit pilots Wigg, but they can one hit Ezra if you can get **** fast enough to go first. A team with Wigg, Lando, ST Han and Leia should be easier to farm than phnix

How is wedge farmable? Especialy for lower tier players, I am just level 66
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    More speed, on everyone.

How is wedge farmable? Especialy for lower tier players, I am just level 66

Wedge is farmable in the fleet shipments. For a level 66 player, that's not a bad idea to farm him there. His also in cantina battles, though I don't remember the specific node.
  • Goodgil wrote: »
    His also in cantina battles, though I don't remember the specific node.

6-F Normal.

• Thanks guys, 6 unlocks in a few levels, so about a week. I considered buying him from fleet shipments, but I am stretching thin because I am working on zeta challenge **** which I find a tad bit more important at the moment. Keeping top 10 in fleet is also a good bonus.
  • I don't think you'll ever be able to phoenix vs phoenix without a draw every once in a while. What I do when I'm FORCED to fight another phoenix is go through the enemy squads and try to find the weak links. Chopper and Hera are usually the most neglected so I generally try to rush down one of them. Taking out chopper early helps a ton, one less taunt plus his unique usually seals the deal.

The best route for arena is to hunt Nightsisters.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    More speed, on everyone.

Speed sets are nice sometimes, but it’s mostly about speed secondaries (and primary on the arrow) regardless of set.
  • I don't think you'll ever be able to phoenix vs phoenix without a draw every once in a while. What I do when I'm FORCED to fight another phoenix is go through the enemy squads and try to find the weak links. Chopper and Hera are usually the most neglected so I generally try to rush down one of them. Taking out chopper early helps a ton, one less taunt plus his unique usually seals the deal.

Realy? I run from them like the plague. NS should be countered by AoE which phoenxi desperately lack. And I dont have the manpower to eliminate a single NS during zombie break
    I don't think you'll ever be able to phoenix vs phoenix without a draw every once in a while. What I do when I'm FORCED to fight another phoenix is go through the enemy squads and try to find the weak links. Chopper and Hera are usually the most neglected so I generally try to rush down one of them. Taking out chopper early helps a ton, one less taunt plus his unique usually seals the deal.

Realy? I run from them like the plague. NS should be countered by AoE which phoenxi desperately lack. And I dont have the manpower to eliminate a single NS during zombie break

I've only timed out twice against Nightsisters and being on a new shard I face the same dozen people, literally. 8 are phoenix, two are nightsisters, 1 is empire (that just owns me) and the last is a rebel squad that also owns me pretty hard. I can usually beat phoenix but I have a much higher chance of timing out.

Nightsisters on the other hand just require me to play fast and usually takes about 4 minutes to beat. I just focus down Daka>Asajj>talia>MT>zombie. Plague isn't a threat at all, and the only threat MT brings is her attack assist that taunts the zombie, so just knock out the healing as fast as possible.
  • No keep the team just get more gear on all of them. Also omega all their abilities especially all their uniques.
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    NS are easy provided you stick to the kill order.

Daka>MT>ventriss.

1. Why do i kill MT second? forces Ventriss to heal and MT is usually lowish after my phoenix have countered her AoE. If for some reason Ventriss is low I will attack her but i try not to let MT get off her plague AoE too many times.
    2. Use Zebs special - cannot stress how amazing this skill is..When debuffed him and Kanan can stun - stun - stun, even better when Kanan is taunting.
    3. Acolyte teams are irritating b/c the usual lineup doesn’t run Sabine so you just have to wait till one of her stealths to fail then dispel zombie and kill Acolyte - Phoenix have 2 dispels so use them wisely and strategically. 55% stealth feels like foreva - I’ve had a fight where she went 12 shots in a row stealthed - really doesn’t feel like 55%..lol

Equally geared you should be fine vs NS and at higher gear Phoenix walk all over NS.
    Post edited by CountPookoo on
  • NS are easy provided you stick to the kill order.

Daka>MT>ventriss.

1. Why do i kill MT second? forces Ventriss to heal and MT is usually lowish after my phoenix have countered her AoE. If for some reason Ventriss is low I will attack her but i try not to let MT get off her plague AoE too many times.
    2. Use Zebs special - cannot stress how amazing this skill is..When debuffed him and Kanan can stun - stun - stun, even better when Kanan is taunting.
    3. Acolyte teams are irritating b/c the usual lineup doesn’t run Sabine so you just have to wait till one of her stealths to fail then dispel zombie and kill Acolyte - Phoenix have 2 dispels so use them wisely and strategically. 55% stealth feels like foreva - I’ve had a fight where she went 12 shots in a row stealthed - really doesn’t feel like 55%..lol

Equally geared you should be fine vs NS and at higher gear Phoenix walk all over NS.

Tell me about it! I once had a draw over an equally geared NS, with constant taunting Zombie and perma stealth Acolyte. Didnt have many options to hit though LOL
  • So stick to basic attacks and wait for a zombie opening, focus daka, then MT and possibly asajj, then pray for rngeezus for stealth...