Palp and Vader Rework

Prev134
AndyCola
20 posts Member
edited February 2018
write here what do you think...

in my opinion it seems an useless rework for arena... i was so happy since long time.. but now

I spent 2 Zetas : one for Vader, one for EP

fortunately i keep the third

Any chance I can get em back since they're resulting in being a huge disappointment and far from what it was announced?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• AndyCola wrote: »
    Any chance I can get em back since they're resulting in being a huge disappointment and far from what it was announced?

They refund zetas all the time :D
  • they did for barriss so maybe..
  • I think that you can't have the back....... i've tested EP and vader in arena today. No zetas. Vader's AoL can be countered, (cls and han countered it ) his basic attack can be resisted by rebels...........nice rework on paper, but for now, useless and disappointing for me, very very sad......
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I don’t think these reworks would have been meta changers... I really think it is only preparation for what is to come.
  • ilpots88 wrote: »
    I think that you can't have the back....... i've tested EP and vader in arena today. No zetas. Vader's AoL can be countered, (cls and han countered it ) his basic attack can be resisted by rebels...........nice rework on paper, but for now, useless and disappointing for me, very very sad......

well, if you play without zetas basically you are playing without rework, what were you expecting?
  • you zated them today and you are dissapointed right away? probably you will have to look and wait for the right team to pair them with... dont judge them so quickly
  • It's more likely just for tb cos many kids over here where craying about difficulty.. But they are still arena viable .. Not dominant but they can win on offense like everyone else
  • AndyCola wrote: »
    write here what do you think...

in my opinion it seems an useless rework for arena... i was so happy since long time.. but now

+1, pretty disappointed so far
  • ilpots88
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Newman wrote: »
    ilpots88 wrote: »
    I think that you can't have the back....... i've tested EP and vader in arena today. No zetas. Vader's AoL can be countered, (cls and han countered it ) his basic attack can be resisted by rebels...........nice rework on paper, but for now, useless and disappointing for me, very very sad......

well, if you play without zetas basically you are playing without rework, what were you expecting?

CG have reworked the basic attack and the existing abilities for both EP and vader ( not only the zetas addiction), but this rework, aside the zetas, doesnt'work, have you read the entire description of the rework? So yes, i'm disappointed, cause, abilities description and how abilities works in game are not the same.......

• Vader's AoL can't be countered, so, why every toon in the enemy team countered it?
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hot fix will come like it always does. Chill
  • Kyngzilla wrote: »

I hope so, every time they add something new, they creates new problems
  • I dropped all 3 zetas and I’ve been having a great deal of fun with ep, vader, dn, thrawn, dt/shore
  • Went from rank 60+ to the teens in arena in two hours
    Kyngzilla wrote: »

That's how computers and software work. These games are incredibly complicated systems, where many things depend on each other.

That said, they do seem to be lacking in release QA. I'm assuming because they're probably understaffed because EA is squeezing this onion for all it's worth.

Always two there are. No more, no less ...a feature and a bug.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • skywhopper wrote: »

That's how computers and software work. These games are incredibly complicated systems, where many things depend on each other.

That said, they do seem to be lacking in release QA. I'm assuming because they're probably understaffed because EA is squeezing this onion for all it's worth.
    There is no such thing like QA in CG/EA company ... do you remember a single update without bug? Im playing the game for 2 years now, and i do not ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • I think we need to wait until the whole rework is done and more of us have the Siths fully moded and geared etc
    Plus it sounds like there are some bugs to fix as usual. I think we will know how good this rework has been in say 3/4 months. I am gonna stick with my plan to farm Sith and Ewoks. I already have a strong NS Arena team to fall back on and the other options (RJT, CLS etc) bore me silly.
  • skywhopper wrote: »

Achilles wrote: »

Always two there are. No more, no less ...a feature and a bug.

made my day
  • So far everyone in my shard and guild who zetaed these guys wish they hadn't. At least at the moment Vader and Palpatine still suck, sadly.
  • So far everyone in my shard and guild who zetaed these guys wish they hadn't. At least at the moment Vader and Palpatine still suck, sadly.

Our guild chat fill with regret bcause we zetaed both of them too fast :frowning:
  • Very sad to read that the rework and mainly the zetas are a delusion....
    I was full of expectations...
    At the moment I have 1 Z ready but I wait...

Why would people rush out and Zeta them knowing more new characters are coming and something big is happening at the end of the month.

I view my Zetas as to previous to throw around so quickly. I Omega'd Vader's unique and stopped.
  • Kyngzilla wrote: »
    So far everyone in my shard and guild who zetaed these guys wish they hadn't. At least at the moment Vader and Palpatine still suck, sadly.

Why would people rush out and Zeta them knowing more new characters are coming and something big is happening at the end of the month.

I view my Zetas as to previous to throw around so quickly. I Omega'd Vader's unique and stopped.

Vadet unique doesn't have omega :unamused:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    honestly though, the zeta on vader's unique adds very little. Immune to TMR and recovers a bit of health when DoTs expire, nothing to write home about and certainly not a gamechanger for arena.
    I feel like anyone who equiped that zeta and regrets it has only him/herself to blame.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • You thought that some f2p toons that everybody has would change the Arena Meta? Lmao
    Why should you be refunded?
    From what I Hear they will work fine in tb and tw which is far more important as arena is anyhow regulated by arena chat...
  • leef wrote: »
    honestly though, the zeta on vader's unique adds very little. Immune to TMR and recovers a bit of health when DoTs expire, nothing to write home about and certainly not a gamechanger for arena.
    I feel like anyone who equiped that zeta and regrets it has only him/herself to blame.
    leef wrote: »

I haven't got zeta yet but bear in mind he puts 3 DoTs on everyone and so do some of his potential allies. With zeta they reset and he gets them again. So while the headling number is 5% in reality he will be getting that a lot or much more than it implies.
  • The reworks made the Empire stronger against Jedi(which they already were really strong against), Rebels(can now easily beat on offense), and Nightsisters(which they can AOE crush anyways). This deesn't help against the Titan META, yet. SM and Wompa combined should help with that. Plus, the way things are being stated. This should not be looked in a vacuum. There are more dark side, and distilled to, sith coming this month.

I stated that this is the salad, which is good, but not the end all. The steak still hasn't been served.
  • Have read a fair bit about DVs unique and it seems many are underwhelmed. Would be grateful for feedback on EPs Leader and Unique. I will have a zeta to spend in about 24 hours time and am still not sure where to go with it.