Need some guidance

Prev1
https://swgoh.gg/u/zyxwboy/
Goals:
-Farm Phoenix
-Farm Lando (for credit heist)

Once I finish those, what toons should I farm for events?
Which event is next? Is there any way I can do ready for it? Seems like I won't be getting any Palp event done.

I'll probably have more questions to ask.

Replies

• You should not farm both. Lando is going to take at least 80 shards off your phoenix which you will need if you want to stay competitive with a phoenix team. Either go for Lando rebels or phoenixes
  • I agree with LasonVell. The bottleneck on Phoenix is the fact that both Hera and Ezra are both cantina farms already. Adding another cantina farmed character only makes it harder for you to finish Phoenix.

It's basically one or the other. If you're farming Phoenix through all the other avenues (GW, SA, and Cantina stores), then I would hold off on Lando as much as you may want him right away.
  • Alright so I take it the best way to go about this is to farm Phoenix to 6*+ and get a decent gear level for my team then go from there?
  • Yeah, I'd say keep going with them until they're all 7* and at least gear 8 (or higher depending on what you want to do with them).

I would certainly make Lando the next guy on the list for cantina once you've finished both Hera and Ezra, and Boba Fett from the cantina store after you've finished Chopper. Boba and Lando are the guys who are going to carry you through your credit heists. The other scoundrels are mostly just filler. STHan can be a good dual purpose toon, so he might be the guy you farm out of the Squad Arena Store after Kanan has reached 7*, but there are a couple decent options once you get to that point.
  • Any tips on what I should be spending guild tokens on?
  • Disregard people saying it isn't worth farming scoundrels until after you've finished Phoenix; Scoundrels are vital to your continued success in SW:GOH. Scoundrels are your primary source of credits--and biggest regular infusion of credits-- that isn't GW.

You need five. It is worth delaying maxing out your Phoenix characters by a week or so, if it means having capable Scoundrels for your heist. Unlock your Phoenix characters and then immediately turn your attention to unlocking prime Scoundrels from the locations that have Phoenix characters (get Lando, Boba Fett, Cad Bane, and either Stormtrooper Han or IG-88--you will eventually need them both, but Han'll get you closer to CLS--don't get both right away). You can get your last Scoundrel from the Guild Store or any number of locations(can get a couple through there if you want to skip one of the above, but know farming a rotating node in the guild store is slow going).

Generally speaking, yes, it is a good idea to farm one thing at a time, but note that you aren't farming these characters just yet--you don't need a certain star rating for Credit/Droid heist, you just need active characters capable of beating the latest tier of the event available to you--just unlocking them. Once you have your scoundrels unlocked turn your attention back to farming Phoenix.

[Here] is a resource I've been posting around here a lot; it details which characters are farmed where; use and abuse it.

@RaylekZen

If you already have five scoundrels then start working on Colonel Starck. You won't need or use him immediately, and will eventually need him for DSTBs (the mission that needs him is intended for max level G10+ characters; you will also need General Veers and an Imperial Troopers team of at least five stars), but getting Starck out of the way early will mean you can farm FOSFTP and FOSFTF once you reach level 60+. Otherwise consider picking up Jyn Erso, Darth Maul, or any other number of useful characters that show up in the guild store.
  • Wow you are a new player, well farming phoenix is a good idea. I would recommend going for IG88 as well for credit heist. You can check this site for next events and estimated events: https://swgohevents.com/ if youre farming phoenix you'll be fine for Palp in 2 months. I would probably work towards getting CLS next as this would help with raids and moving up in arena, so that means going for old ben, storm han, leia, farmboy luke. You'll also need empire for R2, so with getting thrawn and palp through phoenix, you'll need 3 more and the easiest will be tarkin, magma and storm not the most ideal for that event but it might get you r2 at 5 stars.
    If you have discord I'm happy to speak with you on there if that's easier for you Jon Snow#1981
    Also Warrior released a video on a f2p farming guide for new players and what to farm first if that's of interest for you
  • Welcome @RaylekZen . To put it bluntly you really need a better Arena squad.

You already have STHan, that's good.

At your level I'd recommend Wedge (Lead), Biggs, STHan, Lando and Leia. While you wait to fill those last two spots you could put Ezra in there?
  • I'm using Phoenix for arena. Didn't know you had to click update for that profile to update. I'm currently sitting at rank 372.

• RaylekZen
    43 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I currently have StHan and Chewie, as far as scoundrels go. Going for 50 shards in Cad Bane seems like a big pause on Zeb. I' currently at 20/80 for Lando and 19/20 for Boba. I should get them relatively faster than Cad.

So from what I've gathered i'm going to:
    1. Pause Phoenix get 5 Scoundrels
    2. Resume Phoenix to 7* G7/8 for Thrawn.
    3. Prepare for CLS?
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Threads merged.

You won't get far with Phoenix in Arena mate. They are one of the best teams in the game for almost every aspect except Arena. The reason being- Phoenix are pretty slow and defensive. Good Arena teams need to be very fast and offensive.
  • Threads merged.

You won't get far with Phoenix in Arena mate. They are one of the best teams in the game for almost every aspect except Arena. The reason being- Phoenix are pretty slow and defensive. Good Arena teams need to be very fast and offensive.

In my shard 24 of the top 50 are Phoenix. From the little reading I've done I thought it was best use Phoenix until mid/late game m.
  • RaylekZen wrote: »
    Threads merged.

In my shard 24 of the top 50 are Phoenix. From the little reading I've done I thought it was best use Phoenix until mid/late game m.

If I was going to start over I would get all the toons for cls. So when the cls event comes around you can get him right away. With the required toons you can make a arena viable squad. It's easier to get cls then it is to make a phoenix squad. Then I would get scoundrels. Which stormtrooper han is one so you have a start. With cls you should be able to do well in rancor raid. Join a heroic rancor guild and you'll get raid Han for free. That's two right there.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Threads merged.

Phoenix are good til about level 75 in arena (at least before Vader rework)
    RaylekZen wrote: »
    Any tips on what I should be spending guild tokens on?

Dengar is a scoundrel, he unlocks at a low star and is farmable somewhere that phoenix isn't disrupted.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Threads merged.

If I was going to start over I would get all the toons for cls. So when the cls event comes around you can get him right away. With the required toons you can make a arena viable squad. It's easier to get cls then it is to make a phoenix squad. Then I would get scoundrels. Which stormtrooper han is one so you have a start. With cls you should be able to do well in rancor raid. Join a heroic rancor guild and you'll get raid Han for free. That's two right there.
    I don't exactly know the order of events so correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't I need Palpatine/Thrawn for R2 which is needed for CLS? If so CLS is outta my hands for a while considering I didnt unlock palp this event. I don't know how often these events occur though.
    ...wouldn't I need Palpatine/Thrawn for R2...

Nope - just Empire characters.

People have said Vader is a good buy, so I might buy him before the sale ends. If I do, what would my R2 team look like?

People have said Vader is a good buy, so I might buy him before the sale ends. If I do, what would my R2 team look like?

Vader is good, particularly now after the rework this week.

Well, you need R2 to get Commander Luke one of the top 5 characters in the game. For him you need Old Ben. R2, Leia, SThan and Farmboy Luke.

R2 is an awesome character because as well as being first-rate fantastic, he can also fit on pretty much any team.

• Oh dear, we're being quite confusing.

Phoenix only start to fall off in arena after level 75; you can perform quite well until then and maintain a solid standing after then, if you're both smart and stubborn. Give yourself a cut off or threshold of some kind--how long you're willing to fall below a certain rank before making adjustments to your existing arena team... ability levels, gear, mods, etc. and at which point it's too much investment to justify the expenditure--about your arena team and/or standings--for me I'm happy as long as I'm above (it's a climb so I'm going to treat it that way) 200 and can buy at least twice a day from the arena store.

I have been working on building up my Empire team for eventual use in the Arena, but it'll probably be a couple more weeks before I can.

Only follow James' advice if your primary priority is immediate success in the Arena--Wiggs teams generally don't last long after 85, when people have unlocked the legendary/journey/raid characters to build end-game teams. That isn't to say it isn't a good team, and you can do very well with it, but I personally advise a more long-term approach of building teams required to unlock legendary/journey characters, and for guild events before focusing on Arena (and I'll probably never primarily focus on Arena, or use it as an experiment).
    I don't exactly know the order of events so correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't I need Palpatine/Thrawn for R2 which is needed for CLS? If so CLS is outta my hands for a while considering I didnt unlock palp this event. I don't know how often these events occur though.

Events reoccur regularly to semi-regularly. Generally speaking Palpatine returns every other month, alternating with Yoda, and the others are somewhat less regular (I think I've seen all of them at least once since I started back in October). You can plan to have and be prepared for these two--and have a stronger roster and R2-D2 team because of it; why go out of your way to farm additional characters unless you have to? R2-D2 should return prior to CLS whenever CLS returns--and have a solid long-term plan... or you can have an arena team that'll last you a couple months into level 85 if you're lucky.

You do not specifically need Palpatine and Thrawn for R2-D2, but they will make the event significantly easier. After Thrawn R2's event is the next hardest. There's plenty of good Empire characters you can use that you can get for free (and eventually finish up), or use for their ships. Tarkin, TFP. I suggest at least one taunt for R2-D2, if you can gear up your Stormtrooper or Royal Guard (the first will be more useful long-term)?
    ...Going for 50 shards in Cad Bane seems like a big pause on Zeb...

Assuming that you finish your Galactic War each day, that's 15 shards/day; it'll only take you four days (and you'll be able to use the other two purchases on Zeb on day four). It's up to you whether that's too much or not.
  • Only follow James' advice if your primary priority is immediate success in the Arena--Wiggs teams generally don't last long after 85, when people have unlocked the legendary/journey/raid characters to build end-game teams.

I'd respectfully disagree. Of course the team isn't meta. But at high gear levels and with really good mods (lots of speed), I'm having considerable success with plenty of teams with those characters. Remember - to an extent- mid game characters with good gear and mods stand an excellent chance against end-game characters with poor gear and mods.

• Regarding Cad Bane, when put like that it doesn't seem like it takes long. Looks like I'll put all my Phoenix team on hold until I get my Scoundrels unlocked. I'll be going Phoenix -Empire - CLS toons. Long term goal is CLS. Ill worry about a new arena team when the time comes.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I really appreciate it!
    Ill worry about a new arena team when the time comes.

I used to think like this.

But then it was pointed out to me that Arena is your number one source of free crystals. And without crystals you cannot do anything else in this game. If you are competing an winning in the Arena then it is granting you the resources to do all the other things you want to do in the game. And vice versa - if you are neglecting Arena (as I did for some time) then it will be harder and slower to do all the other things you want to do in the game.

Putting it off is not an option. The longer you put it off, the harder it will be to get the best rewards.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    The Vader rework makes the path for someone starting phoenix and planning on going cls to transition into empire an easy one.

You get to use the characters you are building up for the r2 event and use them in arena and event better they are a hard counter for the masses of phoenix seen in arena at your level.
  • Just unlocked Lando, working on Boba and Cad still. I think I've finally hit the part in arena where I can't advance on my own knowledge. Stuck in 150-180 ranking.

Any tips on how to beat NS? Or what characters I should go for first in general basis. When I vs. phoenix I've been going for Chopper first, then Hera. Usually win unless their team is significantly stronger. Otherwise it depends on what team i'm facing but I've been going for healers or heavy hitters first.
  • Unless you run Sabine in Phoenix, you pretty much just have to avoid attacking any NS with an Acolyte and Zombie. Unless you are are significantly quicker then them, and can take out Acolyte and Daka before Acolyte stealth, you literally can’t win the match. Once you unlock and gear Fett, he can sub into your team, and with his AoE Ability Block force Acolyte out of stealth for the turn you need to kill her.
  • Just hit level 50. Is there any place that mentions how to use/farm mods? I don't wanna waste any resources
    Just hit level 50. Is there any place that mentions how to use/farm mods? I don't wanna waste any resources

You generally want to farm mods from the last available tier of the relevant Mod Challenge You unlock Mod Challenges after you've cleared the first three maps of the Mod Battles table; you'll want to stick with Health Mods for now, and only farm them from the latest tier of the Mod Challenge you can complete. If you cannot unlock Mod Challenges, then farm just enough mods from the Battles table to equip your team with mods and try again. If you cannot beat the third tier of the Mod Challenge then farm from the latest tier you've completed.

Don't spend more than a weekend's worth of energy on mods until you've finished your cantina farms. Do not level mods past level 12 (exponentially more expensive after 12) without speed or other stats you like (always use mods with speed on them, slap the ones with the highest speeds on your arena team).
    Just hit level 50. Is there any place that mentions how to use/farm mods? I don't wanna waste any resources

http://www.crouchingrancor.com/mods-master-list-helper-find-the-best-mods-for-each-character/

http://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/mods/
  • So i'm pretty close to 7* Phoenix with G7. I have access to arena now and I want to start doing better so I can get those crystals.

I think i'm going to post pone 7* Hera until I need her. I was thinking about farming KRUM in Catina, then working on an Empire team for R2. Would it be doable to get an empire team before r2's next event?