TB/TW Cadence

gunff
285 posts Member
I think it is about time to re-evaluate the frequency in which the TB and TW are being run.

Now that we have gotten into it I think most guilds are on auto-pilot for TB. we cruise through platoon, and I can even auto most fights up through about day 5. Very little time is put into it. I would really like to go back to an every week schedule. you can even do the alternating starting monday/thursday if you want more room to fit the TW in, but it is really depressing to have massive 5 day gaps between TW and TB just because you wanted to cram 2 TW in instead of starting the next TB.

or even just leave a 1 day gap and start the next TB right away instead of forcing us to wait until the next week to run it.

Please. run them more often.

Replies

  • TVF
    31094 posts Member
    gunff wrote: »
    Now that we have gotten into it I think most guilds are on auto-pilot for TB. we cruise through platoon, and I can even auto most fights up through about day 5. Very little time is put into it.

    There's tons of guilds where this is not the case.

    With that said, I agree, I'd like to see them more often. I really enjoy them.

    And with that said, considering that they just doubled the ROLO and IPD rewards, I'm almost certain this won't happen.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    People want the gaps so they have time to recruit new members in between without people having to miss out on rewards in switching. It’s not just about the amount of time spent on the events themselves.
  • gunff
    285 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yea @Liath I get that, but I'm not entirely sure for the need to have them on completely separate timelines. Run them during the first few days of a TB so TW is like sunday - Tuesday. TB's are Monday - Saturday, 2 days off in between.

    or personally I'd love to see TW going to more of a matchmaking type where a guild can start it as their time permits similar to Dash of Dans. and just have match making happen at noon the next day. too bad that will never happen.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • I think a better solution might be to simply change the length of time for Territory Battles and the mechanics for progression from phase to phase.

    My solution: Change it from 6 days to 4 days and allow Guild Officers to push the guild from its current phase to the next. The first 2 phases on LSTB are really just a warm up for guilds of every size, so this would allow you to 3* and move on, or for smaller guilds, to max out contributions and simply move into the next phase. If you finish the first 2 phases in a couple of hours, this still provides 3 days to complete the additional 4 phases.

    The benefits, let the guild go at its own pace and provide more down time before events.
  • Personally I am getting burned out with all the TB & TW, and worry other members of my guild are too.

    If anything, the Cadence is too frequent. There needs to be a couple days break between any Guild event and not have them back-to-back nor concurrent!

    If they made it possible to Sim the TB somehow, then maybe making them more frequent would be okay.... but how that would work i dont know.

    I think a cadence like this would be best:
    Week 1: TBat (6 days), 1 day break.
    Week 2: 1 day break, TWar (3days), 3 day break
    Week 3: TBat (6 days), 1 day break
    Week 4: 1 day break, TWar (3days), 3 day break
    To end of month: all break
    repeat.

  • Anrath wrote: »
    Personally I am getting burned out with all the TB & TW, and worry other members of my guild are too.

    If anything, the Cadence is too frequent. There needs to be a couple days break between any Guild event and not have them back-to-back nor concurrent!

    If they made it possible to Sim the TB somehow, then maybe making them more frequent would be okay.... but how that would work i dont know.

    I think a cadence like this would be best:
    Week 1: TBat (6 days), 1 day break.
    Week 2: 1 day break, TWar (3days), 3 day break
    Week 3: TBat (6 days), 1 day break
    Week 4: 1 day break, TWar (3days), 3 day break
    To end of month: all break
    repeat.

    so, then they would have to improve rewards otherwise no one will be maxing anymore toons any time soon (or wampas/hyodas)
  • TVF
    31094 posts Member
    Since half the people think there's too much TB/TW and the other half think there's not enough, I guess they're getting it exactly right...?
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Since half the people think there's too much TB/TW and the other half think there's not enough, I guess they're getting it exactly right...?

    I'm also wondering this. I think the dreamers (myself included) like the idea of letting people choose when to queue up for matchmaking, but whether the GoH servers are built that was is a dev's guess. Good ideas here, but it's a waiting game on if there's going to be change or not. Adding this to my list!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
Sign In or Register to comment.