Sith Raid character speculation

Replies

• Options
    Two Heroic tiers for the raid: one to get shards for Treya and one to get shards for Sion. Who will the guilds choose to farm,I wonder mmmmh...
  • Options
    I will be ticked if it´s Sion/Traya as a reward. Why? Cause they get on of the greatest reward treatments in the game and Nihilus was a Marquee moved to a hard node. It doesn't flow. If I had to guess, it would be
    DARTH JAR JAR
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    We know what Revan's and Meetra's faces look like thanks to SWTOR. It was one of the previews in each of their respective games as well. Surik showed up as a force ghost, but once you looked in to how she would look like without all the ghostness, boom it's a blonde that was a preset from the game.

I believe in shadow of revan he took his mask off, and while it was cut up or something, his face was still pretty clear. One of the black haired presets.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well, the thing why I think we MIGHT get both is the sheer power level, if Sith raid is harder than HAAT...
    My guild is chanceless versus HAAT as of now... now if the SR becomes even harder; not even talking about HSR...
    It will be the current highend of highend with only the biggest guild being able to beat it and I honestly doubt many guilds will be able to do it on heroic on the first try...
    I can see 3 ways in regards to Sith Raid:

SR and HSR work as every raid. Normal gives gear, credits etc. Heroic same + shards

SR and HSR work different to the previous raids, due to their power level. Normal gives shards for a strong but not op toon, whereas heroic gives shards for a gk all-star like toon.

Sith Raid offers ONLY heroic level raiding with the guild choosing which to do, both raids offer heroic shards for different toons.

Personally, I roll with option 2 right now. Why?

While #1 seems logical, it would be a copy paste of both previous raids, just stronger. While it cannot be completely ruled out, I personally doubt that all raids (excluding ship raids, if they arrive in swgoh) will work the same way. It would be plain boring (even with new tactics behind it). 2 phases with some „shut-off to deal extra damage“ and 2 „normal phases“ again would be meh... just harder. Additionally, the question would be: what rewards will we get? Without full g12 or move to g13 it is kinda meaningless... adding g12 gear just makes TB and TW way less important...

#3 would be an more interesting approach, as you have to choose which toon to farm with your guild. This makes for interesting debates BUT if both toons are not equally meta, guilds that might have decided for the „wrong“ toon, will be behind the others by sheer luck of others / bad judgment of their own. This would cause an uproar, again, I believe. Also, it would take even longer to get the raid toons.

#2 would be different by rewarding players on an highend level with toons regardless of fighting „normal“ or „heroic“ (btw, who has ever said the difficulty will end with heroic? It could be a heroic and legendary / mythic / epic raid?). While many have already stated that it took some time for all but the strongest guilds to figure out how to beat new raids on highest level. By offering shards on normal and heroic level CG can circumvent the gear reward problem slightly by offering toon shards and maybe only the most important non-g12 gears, while still having an „easy“ and „hard“ mode.
    (As Long as we have no indication of g13 or mods 6 to 7 -which are even more unlikely imho- I believe we will get #2)

Addendum:
    I wouldn‘t mind seeing this raid being the first of a whole new design of raiding, maybe even more than 4 stages and without the „shut-down“ mechanic... like raids that are intended to last a full week instead of 2 days.
    Shard-wide raids on tournament Level might be interesting, too. Like which guilds is able to do most damage in relation to galactic power and guild size or something like that...

How did a wise, nice, bearded, old man say:
    It is time for the old raid system..... to end XD

Postscriptum:
    I‘m starting to believe we will NOT get Sion nor Traya shards. It would be all new in all new. We never have gotten shards for enemies we fought against in raids... although, toons being somehow connected... maybe we get something else entirely from that era? Probably LS -_-
  • SirAlec
    45 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I am a big fan of the star wars universe and I kind of agree with everyone a little...
    However revan vanishes as far as I remember to the dark reaches to try and find the true sith... and by that I don’t mean sith like the emperor... if all the lore that seems to be accepted currently from content the emperor was classed as a weak apprentice compared to Nihilus...
    So I think a hero’s journey would be amazing for reven that requires meetra also known as the exile the T3 Droid who belonged to revan after Taris and maybe some of the other key characters featured in the first KOTOR franchise.

That being said they have mentioned that revan will not be appearing in this raid which is unfortunate as she is awesome.

But we are forgetting all the other sith and Jedi that will make this amazing first off Nihilus is insane as he is, and was the first sith to be in the game from the trifecta of sith, with massive attacker potential, I mean he wipes out a planet in seconds just to eat the force energy.

Treya also known as the betrayer I have read on this about people thinking she would be a healer...
    She was the leader of the trifecta of sith and the master to a large amount of sith, I believe she would be well suited as a support or even as a character like hera that makes them boost off of each other in different ways giving the sith buffs and debuffs to opponents.

Sion, he is held together by sheer will of the force because of his hatred and anger if anything he should act like the nightsister zombie but at the same time differently as to not make him OP
    So while treya is active comes back to life as his unique, and mix in a bit of clone wars chewbacca for the taunt and defence up.

Sith assassin . Need I say more a good filler for the team doesn’t add any silly extras that people won’t understand to the trifecta and is a classic attacker from KOTOR.

Finally the last peice of the team that I can think of really now is the sith trooper...
    This character in my eyes needs a big rework it just looks ugly like a miecraft character (no offence to any makers of the game as it is a good character) but I feel it needs a full rework on art design and abilities.

These 5 sith characters would make a pretty cool team in my eyes... but where there is darkness there is also light...

Come on Atris, Admiral onnasi, T3, and many more options to chose from...

And then just for the sake of the fact it is in the old republic times we have mandalor, and other mandalorians , related to the mandalorian wars where the exile is known to of fought then you have the Jedi civil war, where the exile also fought.

The creators of this game must be swamped with loads of cool ideas and plans but can’t release it all at once because it means that the newer content like kylo REN and snoke would be massively shadowed.
    Or even more clone and droid content as that section is one of the weaker sections.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    I still think the raid reward could be Revan. They said he's not coming to the game this month, but does that count if no one can unlock him for three months cause that's about how long it takes to unlock a raid character?

You already have tons of veterans ready to go heroic on that raid. Revan on farm - Revan for the masses - no money for CG. I just wrote how hyped Revan is. People want him. Enough to go get a loan at the bank to get him (oh I've seen people do that in games like this one). Only way Revan is coming to the game is a heroes journey and a massive character pack push for those required to unlock him.
    There is nothing wrong with CG wanting to sell their merch. That's how F2P players get to play for free. It's a normal thing, but a lot of people expect free stuff because the game is free. CG needs to eat too.

Sounds like you're a part of the CG campaign team. Elections aren't till later in the year. Haha just messing about.
  • Options
    Didn't want to make a new thread but when do you guys see this thing actually launching? My guess is late March at earliest. Hope I'm wrong
  • Options
    ReyCharles wrote: »
    Didn't want to make a new thread but when do you guys see this thing actually launching? My guess is late March at earliest. Hope I'm wrong

My bets are on next week. There’s got to be a reason the marquee is early and the game changers are being flown out to CG to see the new content. It’ll probably be launched shortly after that
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options
    I think the dev mentioned they wanted to surprise us this feb..so Im guessing if there's any major updates it should be this mth ;)
  • Options

My bets are on next week. There’s got to be a reason the marquee is early and the game changers are being flown out to CG to see the new content. It’ll probably be launched shortly after that

Highly unlikely, we still need the gamechangers to make vids and relay the info to us. Not to mention just overall videos showcasing everything about it from the devs themselves.
  • Options
    Don't worry, they will make an event where you'll need the marauder at 7 stars, but I think they will release the one where you'll need holdo and rose at 7 stars first.
  • Options
    Javik wrote: »
    Carth... You all know you want him.

No... nobody wants me. I was a Whiney useless troll in KOTOR.

Which means I’ll be super OP in this game. Just makes all the sense.

• Options

There is a reason the marquis is early, they accidentally put the Marauder in platoons and then realized they needed to stop us from going nuclear when the event occurs later than the DS platoons that would require him.

That said, I'm expecting this to launch shortly after the gamechangers go out, so end of the month I imagine.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Imperial Agent, but a sniper. No one wants an Operative.

I preferred snipers, as well..but Operative had a very nice healer skill set. :smiley:

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    This would be the perfect way to roll out Darth Malak, Darth Malgus or, dare I hope, Darth Revan.

Revan
    Malgus

Gotta be one of those

Traya is cool, but they don't really need a Sith healer as much as they need a tank

They have ST as their tank right now - plus Sion would be the perfect tank for sith, especially if he were like NSZombie.

However, these days, its not about what the faction or playerbase wants - its PC diversity. Sith only have a masked Sith Assassin representing females - Traya could be a logical choice. (joke - ha ha ha).

But in all seriousness, I think Sion as described above would be the best and most needed choice for the sith faction. Not to mention I would rather see the release of Darths Sion, Malak, Malgus and Traya before they finally release the long awaited Revan.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Here is the trick with the Jedi Exile - she does not have a cannon appearance as far as I know.

Revan (as he looks as Darth Revan) is a cannon appearance. However even without his iconic mask, his appearance finally became cannon in SWTOR.

However Meetra Surik is still a bit of a mystery - visually speaking. I think it would be difficult adding her to this game at all, based on those reasons.

As for a toon requirement for Revan - I honestly can think of no one better than Bastilla for that over Surik for sure. But I think we would need a team - Bastilla, Carth, T3M4, HK47, Canderous - but then there is always Zaalbar, Mission, Jollee and Juhani to think about - but the Ebon Hawk would also be amazing in fleets!

Ultimately I think it will be the KOTOR sith required to unlock Revan.
  • Options
    Javik wrote: »
    Carth... You all know you want him.

No... nobody wants me. I was a Whiney useless troll in KOTOR.

Which means I’ll be super OP in this game. Just makes all the sense.

Lol, just played the game so I actually know who it is now :D
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Here is the trick with the Jedi Exile - she does not have a cannon appearance as far as I know.

Revan (as he looks as Darth Revan) is a cannon appearance. However even without his iconic mask, his appearance finally became cannon in SWTOR.

However Meetra Surik is still a bit of a mystery - visually speaking. I think it would be difficult adding her to this game at all, based on those reasons.

As for a toon requirement for Revan - I honestly can think of no one better than Bastilla for that over Surik for sure. But I think we would need a team - Bastilla, Carth, T3M4, HK47, Canderous - but then there is always Zaalbar, Mission, Jollee and Juhani to think about - but the Ebon Hawk would also be amazing in fleets!

Ultimately I think it will be the KOTOR sith required to unlock Revan.

The empire Stark guy didn’t have one either..

Would still rather have another than her tho
  • Options
    If you've played KOTOR 2, then you should know about the 3 dark side classes: Sith Marauder, Sith Assassin, and Sith Lord. Maybe Sith Lord will be a future sith character?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    ... I haven't thought of it that way. I've had to much of SWTOR on my mind.

That'd be awesome.
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    On another note, apparently, there are reports of an in-game popup that says the marquee event is "Lord of Pain I" rather than "Shadows of Malachor I". If it's a mistake and not an accidental reveal...that would mean Sion is being released via marquee in the next week or two...if that's true then I would anticipate the new raid rewarding Darth Traya/Kreia.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    @Boo

SWTOR actually gave us Meetra's look too. When she showed up as a force ghost.

Now, that wasn't a good look, but Revan matched one of the presets from his game.

If you compare Force Ghost Surik to female presets in Kotor 2, one of the blondes match
  • Options
    Anybody else feel there is a chance that only sith characters can be used in this raid? The marauder reveal said something about helping us prepare for the sith raid. Factions have had bonuses before, but they've never stressed a raid as being faction specific like this before, have they? Marauder gives us exactly enough sith for 2 full squads... though the lord of pain thing today hints that we may have 11 or 12 by the time the raid goes live.
  • Options

[/quote]

He was commanding the AT-AT's and ground forces during the battle of Hoth in ESB
  • Options

He was commanding the AT-AT's and ground forces during the battle of Hoth in ESB[/quote]

Starck was in command of ONE AT-AT, Blizzard 4. Veers was in charge of the ground operation
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Ferret2112 wrote: »

He was commanding the AT-AT's and ground forces during the battle of Hoth in ESB

Starck was in command of ONE AT-AT, Blizzard 4. Veers was in charge of the ground operation

And only appears in an Encyclopedia published in the mid-90s if I’m correct. He’s canon, but more obscure than a majority of legends characters.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Sion will be a Marque Event.
    Nihilus, Sion, Sith Marauder, Sith Trooper & Sith Assassin will be needed for Legendary Event for Traya.

Raid reward will be Meetra Surik.
    Both Raids have you face DS characters to win shards for a LS character who was synonymous with them.
    Rancor - HS.
    Grievous/AAT - GK.
    Sith Triumvirate - Meetra Surik.

For those saying that there are no canon images, she's in SWTOR Chapter 3 Jedi Knight Story Line.
    Post edited by DaWitchIzDed on
  • Options
    When will we have the next update ?
  • Options
    Dagon wrote: »
    When will we have the next update ?

I was hoping that we would be getting something for today, but doesn't seem like that's gonna happen.
    Next week for sure I think on Tuesday we should be getting some information.
This discussion has been closed.