Raid Han issue?

Is it just me, or does Raid Han not always shoot first? When I get into a battle, the first phase Han uses his basic. Second phase he sometimes goes second. I'm thinking that one of my other characters gains 100% TM and goes before my Raid Han does. My understanding is that no matter what, at the beginning of the phase, Raid Han shoots first. I have a zeta on Raid Han and his speed is 195, which shouldn't matter.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Another character also has 100% TM, wich results in RNG determining who goes first.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Another character also has 100% TM, wich results in RNG determining who goes first.

That’s what I’m thinking, but his unique states that Han takes a bonus turn at the START of each encounter, meaning that each phase with zeta Han starts with Han using his basic first. One would think this superceeds tm, regardless of how full it is. That’s why I’m wondering if it’s a coding issue or intentionally set up that way.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    giving han 100% TM at the start of each encounter instead of a different mechanisme was probably the easiest to code or something, i don't know.

• leef wrote: »
    giving han 100% TM at the start of each encounter instead of a different mechanisme was probably the easiest to code or something, i don't know.

If so, that’s lazy coding, not doing it right. Maybe by Monday the developers could provide some kind of answer.
  • It has been that way for a long time I doubt they will change it at this point
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

If so, that’s lazy coding, not doing it right. Maybe by Monday the developers could provide some kind of answer.

that might be the case, but does it matter though?
    Also, like Darthpedro said, it's been like this since forever, so yea..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This is absolutely not the case. In no way does it state that he goes first. He gets a bonus turn. When 2 toons try to take a turn at the same time, RNG decides. The only mechanic used for taking a turn in this game is 100% TM. This is working exactly as it is intended and falls completely in line with all game mechanics.
  • Kyno wrote: »

This is absolutely not the case. In no way does it state that he goes first. He gets a bonus turn. When 2 toons try to take a turn at the same time, RNG decides. The only mechanic used for taking a turn in this game is 100% TM. This is working exactly as it is intended and falls completely in line with all game mechanics.

Counter attacking doesn't use TM

Why should a special ability that says "bonus turn" use turnmeter. If it is 100% turnmeter, which then goes to 0% it isn't a bonus turn. Bonus indicates extra.

If you go to the store are they say "get a bonus bag of this!" , it doesn't mean you get the first bag, it means you get an extra bag.

Why didn't they just say " Han starts the encounter with 100% turnmeter" if that was their intention. That would avoid confusion and wouldn't be misleading.

Seems lazy to me. I know the 100% TM is common knowledge on Han, but that doesn't mean that it makes sense for the description of his zeta. It seems like the quickest way to code it instead of creating a new code just for han.

"When two toons try to go at the same time RNG decides" sure, but then it isn't a bonus turn. For GW and TB and TW where you carry over turnmeter, the zeta of having a "bonus turn" is no longer bonus, it is 100% turnmeter. RNG hans is fine, but that could have been coded if they did an actual bonus turn as well. But when other characters wihout a "bonus turns" are beating Han to go first it is clear that he isn't getting to shoot first, much less get a bonus turn.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

Counter attacking doesn't use TM

A toon does not "take a turn" to counter. They use a basic attack as a response to an action.

Why should a special ability that says "bonus turn" use turnmeter. If it is 100% turnmeter, which then goes to 0% it isn't a bonus turn. Bonus indicates extra.

Because the only mechanic in game to "take a turn" is 100% TM. This is a bonus because you start right off the bat taking a turn without waiting for TM, this would be a bonus move that you would not get without being given 100% TM.

If you go to the store are they say "get a bonus bag of this!" , it doesn't mean you get the first bag, it means you get an extra bag.

Why didn't they just say " Han starts the encounter with 100% turnmeter" if that was their intention. That would avoid confusion and wouldn't be misleading.

You are playing 1 match, and getting a turn at the beginning (which means 100%TM). out of the whole match, this is an attack you would not have gotten had you not been given 100% TM. That is a bonus.

They could have stated it differently, but its not wrong or misleading.

Seems lazy to me. I know the 100% TM is common knowledge on Han, but that doesn't mean that it makes sense for the description of his zeta. It seems like the quickest way to code it instead of creating a new code just for han.

Its not lazy, they are using the in game mechanic. If you own a business you dont buy a truck for each drive your going to make, you buy one truck and use it to its fullest to get the job done.

The only mechanic in game to "take a turn" is 100% TM. There doesn't seem to be any reason to make a new one just for 1 toon.

"When two toons try to go at the same time RNG decides" sure, but then it isn't a bonus turn. For GW and TB and TW where you carry over turnmeter, the zeta of having a "bonus turn" is no longer bonus, it is 100% turnmeter. RNG hans is fine, but that could have been coded if they did an actual bonus turn as well. But when other characters wihout a "bonus turns" are beating Han to go first it is clear that he isn't getting to shoot first, much less get a bonus turn.

This is still a turn you would not have gotten had he not be given 100% TM. That is a bonus turn. It doesn't state he gets to go first, just that he gets this turn. Sure this could have been done differently, but nothing they did was wrong or different from any other in game mechanic and it is WAD and WAI.
  • "It's not lazy , they are using the in game mechanic"

That is the definitively lazy, they are using existing code instead of creating new code.

As for the truck reference, if I told my employees they will be getting a bonus delivery of trucks , they wouldn't think it would mean they get the first delivery of trucks, they would think it means they get an extra/bonus delivery of trucks. As in as many as they normally would plus a bonus.

As for the bonus turn being 100% turnmeter, again this is false. What if Han is the fastest person on your team, and faster than all opponents? He will still only go first and only get 100% turnmeter.

He didn't get a bonus turn then, he just went as normal. This is another reason why 100% turnmeter does not equal a bonus turn.

Working as intended, yes
    Working as described? No. 100% turnmeter is nowhere in the description, and the definition of bonus is not 100%. In fact it is closer to the antonym of bonus. Bonus implies > 100%. But the description says "bonus turn" not "bonus turnmeter" so it should be "(more than 100%) of turn" by the description of "bonus turn"

If they want to fix the description, they can put "full turnmeter" or "100% turnmeter" but there is no bonus turn, and bonus does not equal "full" or "100%"
    In no way does it state that he goes first.

Weird, in my game the description of his ability is "shoots first" , so you'd think that was their intention

IMG_0943.png
  • Ps, you said countering you don't use TM but you can only use your basic?

Well that's exactly what han does. He attacks out of turn and not uses his basic

So why does he need turnmeter for that to happen?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    This thread is hilarious. Who cares? It's WAI.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    In no way does it state that he goes first.

Weird, in my game the description of his ability is "shoots first" , so you'd think that was their intention

IMG_0943.png

It says at the start of the encounter in the description, meaning first. It seems like at the start of each encounter would override any 100% tm. But if that’s the way it’s intended, ok.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Well, there is a scenario in wich the coding actually causes the ability become not working as intented.
    If the enemy starts with 100% TM, attacks before your raid han and raid han counters, i believe he stuns the enemy and loses his "shoot first" (not the TM).
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    TVF wrote: »

It 100% matters... it mattered enough for them to attempt a fix already.
    Kyno wrote: »
    Because the only mechanic in game to "take a turn" is 100% TM. This is a bonus because you start right off the bat taking a turn without waiting for TM, this would be a bonus move that you would not get without being given 100% TM.

I am 99.9% sure this game was written using an entity system. If they can't figure out how to add this easily, then their developers are hands down the worst developers ever & either 1. Implemented their entity system wrong... or 2. didn't use an ES & have a complete nightmare on their hands for game code.

I'm not trying to be mean, but there are no other options... poor game design or lazy. That's all there is to choose from.

P.S. I don't believe it's poor game design, btw
  • Well turns out Han didnt actually shoot First.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    t0neg0d wrote: »

Says who?
  • Is this where I collect my me too badge? I've seen it happen in some of the wave type events.
  • The game mechanics do this by giving him 100% TM, he's not programmed to ensure he goes first.
  • If he gets 100% turn meter after the first encounter and retains his previous TM% after said turn this would be considered a bonus turn as described.
    If on encounter 2+ after han "shoots first" his TM% resets to 0 this would not be considered a bonus turn as previous encounters TM% would be lost, and should state "Starts each encounter with 100% TM..." instead of "bonus turn" just to clear it up a bit.
  • TVF wrote: »

Says who?

I think the quote said this already. It mattered enough to the devs to attempt a fix for it already. Not sure how much clearer this could have been /shrug
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    What's your source on that? I don't see anywhere it has been said in this thread other than you randomly throwing it out, unless I missed something.
    What's your source on that? I don't see anywhere it has been said in this thread other than you randomly throwing it out, unless I missed something.

We're you playing at the time Shoot First was fixed? Prior to that, raid han was a useless character, collecting dust in every1s roster.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    I was not, so now at least I know what you are talking about.

Regardless, it's WAI as already stated multiple times, so it doesn't matter anyway.
    I was not, so now at least I know what you are talking about.

Regardless, it's WAI as already stated multiple times, so it doesn't matter anyway.

This is what CG said before they fixed it the first time /sigh

It still needs work.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

We're you playing at the time Shoot First was fixed? Prior to that, raid han was a useless character, collecting dust in every1s roster.

the mechanic to go "first" wasnt changed. They did buff the ability to ignore taunt, become unresistable and unavoidable.