Zader (L) worth it for rancor?

Hey guys I know Zader used to be great for rancor, just wondering if that is still the case? My guild doesn't run Heroic pit yet but I'm getting my solo teams ready for when we do! Also what line up is best with him?

I am working on Vader, TFP, EP, Royal Guard and Tarkin for the R2D2 event anyway and I have Magmatrooper.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Zader still works but you’d want to run another reliable TMR toon or two in there. I used to run Zader, TFP, Teebo, R2, and Rex. Between Teebo’s own special to stealth and R2’s smoke screen you can keep Teebo perma-stealthed so he removes tm on his basic. Rex removes tm on his basic and can clear debuffs if necessary. TFP for tenacity down. Can’t auto with it but it will solo.
  • I will have R2 (hopefully 7 star) when he comes around next. I have Teebo 7 star already (he's my current lead). I'm really just looking for the best possible auto solo team.
  • Here is a link to my roster https://swgoh.gg/u/invisinegro/
  • You are not going to solo the heroic Pit raid at your level. If you are focused on soloing it, I recommend getting your toons ready for CLS next go around and continuing to beef up Wiggs. You don't have R2 yet, either, and he will help. Until you are level 85 though, soloing a raid is gonna take a miracle. I don't want you to set your sights too far and wind up disappointed. I know how that feels (see my guild's 2nd HAAT attempt... LOL)
  • You are not going to solo the heroic Pit raid at your level. If you are focused on soloing it, I recommend getting your toons ready for CLS next go around and continuing to beef up Wiggs. You don't have R2 yet, either, and he will help. Until you are level 85 though, soloing a raid is gonna take a miracle. I don't want you to set your sights too far and wind up disappointed. I know how that feels (see my guild's 2nd HAAT attempt... LOL)

I know I'm not talking for now. I'm being pre-emptive. We're only doing T5 raids at the moment but I know how grindy this game is and I don't want to waste any time. CLS and R2 will be mine next time around but I just want advice on a DS team fro the pit. I feel like my focus so far has been good I just want to keep it up
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    CLS Is the best rancour solo you can get. Gear him, mod him to be really fast and you can have a single toon auto solo.

Zader Magmatrooper GMT TFP and teebo can solo it. Bistan could replace one of the others too since you have a 5 star.

I wouldn't spend a zeta on Vader to solo the raid. I would rather farm the necessary characters for cls instead.
  • Vader with zeta lead, CLS, TFP, Tarkin and Magma will solo. Eventually you can swap out Tarkin and/or Magma for Jyn & Thrawn and that's who I use. Once the pigs take their initial turn from preloaded TM, no one has ever gotten another turn on auto.
  • If you are gonna get CLS you better work on the toons for that. You'll need Leia at 7* and Farmer Luke at 7* too.

R2 will also need to be 7* as well, which means you need to make sure you have 5 Empire toons who can kick major bologna unless you manage to get 7* Thrawn first.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Not worth the zeta imo. I might have to take that back if i can figure out a team that works in arena with zVader lead.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Naraic wrote: »
    CLS Is the best rancour solo you can get. Gear him, mod him to be really fast and you can have a single toon auto solo.

Zader Magmatrooper GMT TFP and teebo can solo it. Bistan could replace one of the others too since you have a 5 star.

I wouldn't spend a zeta on Vader to solo the raid. I would rather farm the necessary characters for cls instead.

OK cool thanks. Technically I have Bistan at 7 star I just need my creds for other toons atm.
  • Keep in mind that for the Heroic Pit you can only use 7* toons.
  • If you are gonna get CLS you better work on the toons for that. You'll need Leia at 7* and Farmer Luke at 7* too.

R2 will also need to be 7* as well, which means you need to make sure you have 5 Empire toons who can kick major bologna unless you manage to get 7* Thrawn first.

Current team farming is Empire:

EP (L) 7*
    Darth Vader, I need 7 shards to 7 star him
    TFP, I need 60
    Royal guard, is 20 away from 6 star and my next cantina farm after TFP.
    Tarkin 4* (am farming but I have Magmatrooper 7* just in case u don't make it)

CLS team progress:

Old Ben 7 star
    St Han 7 star
    Leia, need 50 shards for 7 star
    Farmboy Luke will be my farm after Royal Guard from cantina

Hopefully if I can keep my progress up I should get him without too much trouble.
  • ILeftNowImBlack
    127 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for all the advice guys, love the community for this game. Just wish the credit heist didn't hate me so much
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Not worth the zeta imo. I might have to take that back if i can figure out a team that works in arena with zVader lead.

Or if zader is key for the new raid.
    Naraic wrote: »

OK cool thanks. Technically I have Bistan at 7 star I just need my creds for other toons atm.

Op you can probably push the guts of 1.5 million in rancour raid with your current rancour characters. Are you biggest in your guild or something. There's only 10 million health in the rancour so if there's 6 or 7 people around your size you can clear it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited February 2018

yea. That's also a possibility. Afterall, he can solo the other two raids aswell ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • If you are talking about a while from now, the cls/jyn erso route requires no zetas & can use toons u likely have already.

However, zader is sketchy without thrawn but still totally doable.

I ran zader, tfp, shore, thrawn & Palpatine recently for a change... it would be hard to not solo rancor w/ that team.

But... back to the easiest team to put together. Get your roster rdy for next CLS run... dump your guild tokens into jyn erso... 3 omegas later you have a team that can solo hpit w/ ease and at minimal gear lvl (g8)
  • You can solo with Vader lead empire
    You can solo with CLS
    Thrawn is almost required for both, along with another tm reduction or two
  • Naraic wrote: »

Op you can probably push the guts of 1.5 million in rancour raid with your current rancour characters. Are you biggest in your guild or something. There's only 10 million health in the rancour so if there's 6 or 7 people around your size you can clear it.

I am the guild founder and highest in my guild. I don't mind the slow progress as it gives me time to figure the game out.

In the T4 I do about 5.5 to 6 mil damage, T5 about 5 to 5.5 mil damage. Me and one other can finish it the two of us.
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    If you are talking about a while from now, the cls/jyn erso route requires no zetas & can use toons u likely have already.

However, zader is sketchy without thrawn but still totally doable.

I ran zader, tfp, shore, thrawn & Palpatine recently for a change... it would be hard to not solo rancor w/ that team.

But... back to the easiest team to put together. Get your roster rdy for next CLS run... dump your guild tokens into jyn erso... 3 omegas later you have a team that can solo hpit w/ ease and at minimal gear lvl (g8)

OK cool. Glad that the general consensus is that the zVader isn't worth it for the pit with my current team going for CLS.