Is the damage output in raids calculated alphabetical?

I am in a medium guild gp power and we can solo the rancor several people.I have seen that I am always in the same position and the damage output is always the same for my guildies so I would like to know how the dmg output is calculated.its not random cause random is random.my username is starting by U and people with their name lower in order than me are always in a upper position than me.this should be like the activities positions that when 20 people for example are in the same position they are all take same reward coins.

Replies

• I am in a medium guild gp power and we can solo the rancor several people.I have seen that I am always in the same position and the damage output is always the same for my guildies so I would like to know how the dmg output is calculated.its not random cause random is random.my username is starting by U and people with their name lower in order than me are always in a upper position than me.this should be like the activities positions that when 20 people for example are in the same position they are all take same reward coins.

Your position on the leaderboard is sorted by points. Players with the same number of points are randomly sorted.

I did not develop the sorting algorithm, but I would bet my future Ferrari that it works like this: Let's say you score maximum points in the raid. When you post your score, you are assigned a random tiebreaker number between 0 and 1 (example: 0.8147237). Now another guildmate comes in and scores maximum points; they also get a random tiebreaker assigned (ex: 0.9057919). You have the same score, but your ranking is sorted based on the tiebreaker, and since your guildmate got a higher tiebreaker, they rank above you.

Doing it this way, it does not matter who scored first, or what your name is, or your player ID. As long as a player registers a score before the raid is complete, they get a tiebreaker assigned, and the list is re-sorted with every score registered.
  • If you didn’t write the algorithm than how you know how it is calculated?i don’t undestand the tiebreaker you are saying,Kyno said it’s based on rng which is not its obvious..my main question is how players with starting name lower in alphabetical order always are above me...guildies said it’s based on time the user exit the raid which is not as I read in other posts.
  • If you didn’t write the algorithm than how you know how it is calculated?
    I am exceedingly clever.
    i don’t undestand the tiebreaker you are saying,Kyno said it’s based on rng
    I can explain it to you, but I cannot understand it for you. It is randomly sorted.
    my main question is how players with starting name lower in alphabetical order always are above me.
    Just bad luck. Try again.
    guildies said it’s based on time the user exit the raid which is not as I read in other posts.
    Your guildies are incorrect.
  • Ok clever man you said nothing in value to my question that’s why you aren’t smart cause the smart guy never says he is smart..he knows it for him self.you said nothing in value instead you try to explain something you didn’t write so it’s obvious you try to troll the subject you are just a brainlesss person.Than again read the others posts that have the same issue just like I said you will see the same question but I didn’t se you troll there.
  • I can explain it to you, but I cannot understand it for you. It is randomly sorted.

You win.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Ok clever man you said nothing in value to my question that’s why you aren’t smart cause the smart guy never says he is smart..he knows it for him self.you said nothing in value instead you try to explain something you didn’t write so it’s obvious you try to troll the subject you are just a brainlesss person.Than again read the others posts that have the same issue just like I said you will see the same question but I didn’t se you troll there.

You can insult people who are trying to help you all you want but you will remain wrong. It’s random, whether you choose to believe it or not.
  • Geeze man, slow your roll, I tried to help you. Try to enjoy the rest of your day.
  • Ok clever man you said nothing in value to my question that’s why you aren’t smart cause the smart guy never says he is smart..he knows it for him self.you said nothing in value instead you try to explain something you didn’t write so it’s obvious you try to troll the subject you are just a brainlesss person.Than again read the others posts that have the same issue just like I said you will see the same question but I didn’t se you troll there.

He is correct, Im not sure why you are attacking him for trying to be a little witty.

If your whole guild puts in a 0 damage score, you will see person A in position 1, B in position 2, C in position 3 and so on. If then everyone in your guild solos and gets the exact same score you will see the exact same positions for person A,B,C and so on. As soon as someone posts a score anywhere from 0 to max damage possible that person gets assigned a position in the scoreboard for determining the tiebreaker. The tiebreaker positions are RNG based and will vary each raid.

This was the fix to the prior issue where tiebreakers were determined by ally code or some internal number assigned to your account which would cause the same person to get 1st every raid when a tiebreaker is happening.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Ok clever man you said nothing in value to my question that’s why you aren’t smart cause the smart guy never says he is smart..he knows it for him self.you said nothing in value instead you try to explain something you didn’t write so it’s obvious you try to troll the subject you are just a brainlesss person.Than again read the others posts that have the same issue just like I said you will see the same question but I didn’t se you troll there.

You can insult people who are trying to help you all you want but you will remain wrong. It’s random, whether you choose to believe it or not.

The insult is that I said he is troll?which he is cause he didn’t sid any facts expect the theoretical algorithm which didn’t written by himself.than again you can look his post to compare..
  • Liath wrote: »

The insult is that I said he is troll?which he is cause he didn’t sid any facts expect the theoretical algorithm which didn’t written by himself.than again you can look his post to compare..

Lets go over what you said then shall we,

*Said nothing of value
    *You aren't smart
    *Troll
    *You are a brainlesss person

Those are all insults. Maybe you need to reevaluate your thought process.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Liath wrote: »

Uh, no, the insult is “that’s why you aren’t smart.” ETA: also, “you are just a brainless person.”

That it’s random is a fact. Nobody has access to the actual algorithm. He gave an example of how it could work. The exact way it works is irrelevant to the point you refuse to accept, which is that it’s random.
  • My thought process?you dont even know who I am or what I am.my thoughts was for the subject I posted not for people posting in my question that says I am not clever cause I can’t undestand how it’s work you need to read again the post.
  • I won’t argue more with trolls who just **** around forums with no answer at all.you can’t argue with stupidity.
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    My thought process?you dont even know who I am or what I am.my thoughts was for the subject I posted not for people posting in my question that says I am not clever cause I can’t undestand how it’s work you need to read again the post.

No one ever said you were not clever, he said HE was clever. We came here to answer your question but since you want to just argue it seems I'm done here. GL keep banging your head against a wall with your ridiculousness.

Also, you saying you didn't insult him, and me showing where you did insult is why I think your thought process is skewed. If you don't think they were insults your bonkers.
  • He said a theoretical answer that of course he made it from his mind cause he didn’t write the algorithm but when I didn’t undestand it I was wrong ok I get it who is trolling.
  • With the same logic as yours bill gates who’s billionaire in every statement he makes he should speak of how rich he is or how clever he is which he never does so it’s obvious what clever man do,MAN not childrens..
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    -asks question
    -doesn't believe answer

/thread
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nice to have you on board thnx for your clarification and help in the subject.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    But you already have your answer since you refuse to listen to any other answer, so what's the point of the thread?

People have offered help and clarification and you're just ignoring it, so my post is just as useful as any other.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    i've decoded the game, turns out it isn't random at all.
    The ranking is based on the accumulative dmg done each 10th hit. Wich basically means that players using wampa or players that are getting lucky with their culling blades will always rank high.
    Don't asky me why, it's just the way they coded it.
    Save water, drink champagne!