Who for my Arena 5th (FO)

wildirish
199 posts Member
edited February 2018
Here are my characters: https://swgoh.gg/u/wildirish/collection/

I am looking for some advise/opinions on who I should 7* next as my 5th member on my arena team. I run (L)KRU, Klyo, Phasma, FOO at the moment and I have tried the following:

FOST - He adds a taunt and protection but I am lacking that little extra Damage I need.

FOTP - Seems promising with debuff and damage.

Boba - Fantastic damage and debuffs. Not FO. Im seeing him more and more on FO arena teams.

Vader - Obviously he is great but will be awhile till he is 7* and he is not FO.

You have seen my roster and I would welcome any advise. If you see something I dont please let me know.

Post edited by wildirish on

Replies

• FOST. Drop Phasma for FOTP. Don't let stars fool you, you don't need stars to excel in arena, just gear. You can run FOTP at 5* right now, better with g8.
    Boba is overrated but has a decent ship. FOTP has a superb ship.

Later, drop FOTP for FOX.
  • wildirish
    199 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Thank you. Anybody have any other opinions?
  • KRU, fost, fotp, special forces pilot and officer seem to be the way to go for first order, mostly a stun-lock/control team.

Haven't played with the executioner as yet
  • I’m working on Krum (leader), FOO, FOTP, FOSFTP and kylo for my team, I like it a lot so far. Will eventually replace kylo for FOX but that will have to wait until he gets farmable.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The standard team is kru, fotp, Kylo, foo, and fost. Fotp is a must. His damage is off the charts. Phasma is not part of the typical five. Kru and fost protect fotp and foo. Foo gives extra turns and advantage usually to fotp or Kylo but can be used for kru if you need to get a stun off or Kylo to get a stun or if he’s not full life to do massive damage. Fotp should be your top priory. Not to mention his ship is awesome.
  • Yes, drop Phasma. It can be tempting to use her since she is an easy farm, but basically after she uses her "victory march" ability she is just a sitting duck. FOST to replace phasma and FOTP in the last slot.
  • Phasma was one of my favorites but you guys are right. Thanks for the advice.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    KRU (L), FOTP, FOST, FOO, FOE.
  • Update: I went ahead and farmed FOSFTP to replace Phasma and I am VERY happy. The synergy between FOTP and SFTP is super awesome. KRU (L), Kylo, FOO, FOTP, FOSFTP
  • I’ve had the FOTP zeta for foorrrrrreeeeeeveeerr and really like him. Good ship, too!
  • I might do just the same. I'm more impressed with FOTP then the Kylos that fo sure.
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    The zeta on FOST has been definitely worth it for me as well. Not to mention once they are all 7* you can run them in p2/4 of haat and pull 2 million damage if you haven’t gotten one of the stronger teams.
  • The way FO stands right now, you are going to need FOST if you want to be arena/tw competitive with the team.
  • I'm competitive without FOST. I just really found him useless to my play style. I like to burst. With KRU's Halt, and the burst between the tie pilots, I can stun one and kill another before the stun duration is up. I hover between rank 50-100. 90% of the others in my shard are whales so I don't expect to conquer them.
  • KRU as leader is the best atm, if Phasma isnt the leader then she isnt very useful, FOST has a incredible unique and can inflict speed down on basic as well as cleanse, aoe def up, aoe tm allies on his special, having Kylo is good he is one of the tankiest characters in the game since he too has KRUs dot immunity (not exactly a immunity but the damage is so weak its not even noticeable) as well as deal massive damage and give a lot of tm to allies, FOTP is the hardest hitting farmable FO toon in the game and his debuffs are amongst the most useful ones, cant go wrong with him, having FOO is a no brainer he keeps the team together, as for FOSFTP additional stuns and speed up is nice and all but he cant compare to the damage FOTP delivers, and since FOE isnt farmable yet i cant give a solid answer but he is definitely a potential replacement for FOTP
  • I agree KRU as lead is definitely a must over Phasma.

With SFTP you get great Damage, AoE with Defense Down, Speed Up, and an assist with a Stun. That assist with TP is a potential tripple shot.

With FOST your getting a speed down with dispel on single target, defense/dispel on himself, taunt (which you don't need with KRU), and a chance to counter/assist.
  • wildirish wrote: »
    I'm competitive without FOST. I just really found him useless to my play style. I like to burst. With KRU's Halt, and the burst between the tie pilots, I can stun one and kill another before the stun duration is up. I hover between rank 50-100. 90% of the others in my shard are whales so I don't expect to conquer them.

Hey, as long as you are having fun that's what matters. It looks like you are a newer player, and things that are necessary on an older shard aren't necessarily needed on a newer shard. Just keep having fun and keep at FO! (and my strongest recommendation to you is to farm FOX as soon as he becomes available in the next couple of weeks)
  • wildirish
    199 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Minowara wrote: »
    wildirish wrote: »
    I'm competitive without FOST. I just really found him useless to my play style. I like to burst. With KRU's Halt, and the burst between the tie pilots, I can stun one and kill another before the stun duration is up. I hover between rank 50-100. 90% of the others in my shard are whales so I don't expect to conquer them.

Hey, as long as you are having fun that's what matters. It looks like you are a newer player, and things that are necessary on an older shard aren't necessarily needed on a newer shard. Just keep having fun and keep at FO! (and my strongest recommendation to you is to farm FOX as soon as he becomes available in the next couple of weeks)

FUN is the name of the game brotha I agree! I just feel SFTP gives me more control.The Vet players in my guild are farming FO for legendary events and front lines of TW. Lucky as I am to be in a 77gp guild while only being 500kgp player. I did use FOST for the longest when I started just four months ago. He would be a beast zeta'd. When FOX becomes farmable he will be a mainstay in FO squads.
  • You may not need FOST to stay where you are in arena at the moment, but FOST is objectively a stronger choice if you want to move up in arena or make your squad tougher in TW or better in raids. KRU just isn’t tanky enough at higher levels. Too easy to stun and focus down without another taunt. If KRU gets stunned or Fractured, FOTP ad FOO are dead meat. FOST’s taunt also gives TM, which is what FO is all about. You combine Kylo’s Lash Out with FOST’s taunt, and your entire squad gets 50 percent TM plus another 20 percent whenever they crit thanks to KRU lead. You don’t need Speed Up or another stun.

Play how you like. You don’t have to play meta. But if you want to make your team better, FOST is your choice.
  • FOST should definitely be in your mind. You're going to want double tank to protect your squishy guys. All it takes is an r2d2 stun, a palp shock, a thrawn fracture, etc to take KRU out of the fight - need that backup buddy.
  • Ulic_24
    106 posts Member
    Agree completely with double tank/taunt. You want to protect FOTP/FOO as long as possible. That being said, I can’t tell you how many times I came back to win with just KRU/Kylo/FOST against 4-5.
  • wildirish
    199 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    With SFTP you can stun two and take one out immediately. If your KRU can't tank 4 then your doing it wrong. But you guys are right. FOST is needed to be competitive in the top 50 at least. Once FoX becomes farmable I'm not sure where FOST will fit in.
  • wildirish wrote: »
    With SFTP you can stun two and take one out immediately. If your KRU can't tank 4 then your doing it wrong. But you guys are right. FOST is needed to be competitive in the top 50 at least. Once FoX becomes farmable I'm not sure where FOST will fit in.

Arent two stunners enough? Kylo Ren can already stun frequently if you max his unique, with SFTP you lack enough damage