Did they change Sith Trooper's aoe attack?

I don't know if this was always the case, but now it's saying the only way he gets protection is if his aoe hits debuffed enemies, whereas I'm pretty sure it used to be simply when it was used.

Replies

• And just in case, I checked again, used on against a fully debuffed team, no protection gained. Now, I use him under a DN lead, but he's always gotten some protection, so, I'm at a loss here.
  • @EricsonX
    I can confirm that he does not get protection anymore under a DN lead (he does under other ones).
    Just like you I'm pretty sure he used to. :/
  • NO Sith gets protection under a DN lead. Dooku's zeta doesn't work under DN, either, and it doesn't translate into additional health boost. Was your previous recollection/experience under another lead?
  • NO Sith gets protection under a DN lead. Dooku's zeta doesn't work under DN, either, and it doesn't translate into additional health boost. Was your previous recollection/experience under another lead?

Sith trooper used to gain protection under DN, that's a fact, maybe they fixed/changed it in the last update.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    pinkfloyd wrote: »
    NO Sith gets protection under a DN lead. Dooku's zeta doesn't work under DN, either, and it doesn't translate into additional health boost. Was your previous recollection/experience under another lead?

Sith trooper used to gain protection under DN, that's a fact, maybe they fixed/changed it in the last update.

Sith don't have a protection bar under DN lead, and they don't have protection. So if that was appearing that was probably not WAI. I have flagged this for a comment, but it's the weekend.

Dooku’s skill is recovering protection, which does not work under DN lead. Sith Trooper gets protection up, which has always worked under a DN lead. Any Sith could get protection up if someone like Ahsoka was there too, for example. Just like the tie fighter ship can get protection up from Scimitar despite having no protection.

If this has changed it is absolutely a nerf.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    NO Sith gets protection under a DN lead. Dooku's zeta doesn't work under DN, either, and it doesn't translate into additional health boost. Was your previous recollection/experience under another lead?

Dooku’s skill is recovering protection, which does not work under DN lead. Sith Trooper gets protection up, which has always worked under a DN lead. Any Sith could get protection up if someone like Ahsoka was there too, for example. Just like the tie fighter ship can get protection up from Scimitar despite having no protection.

If this has changed it is absolutely a nerf.

I misread the previous posts, and see what's going on. This should be reported as an issue to make sure it gets attention <<Answers HQ>>
  • pinkfloyd
    76 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

Sith don't have a protection bar under DN lead, and they don't have protection. So if that was appearing that was probably not WAI. I have flagged this for a comment, but it's the weekend.
    I've ran a full sith DN lead team for a long time and I know they can't gain protection, but ST was an exception and he used to gain prot with crimson barrage. I don't know if it was working as intended or not, but now he doesn't gain prot anymore.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I've ran a full sith DN lead team for a long time and I know they can't gain protection, but ST was an exception and he gained prot with crimson barrage. I don't know if it was working as intended or not, but now he doesn't gain prot anymore.

Yes, I see that now. I would think he should still gain the buff just like TFP ship does.
  • Well if that was happening then it's not a Nerf it's a correction. It should not have been happening.
  • Sith trooper didnt get protection under DN, he got "Protection up" wich is a buff...
    Since DN lead allow u to get buffs without any problem sith trooper should still gain prot up like before...
    I didnt checked it myself, but if sith trooper does not gain prot up with DN lead its not WAI...
    Are u sure guys Trooper wasnt buff blocked when he doesnt gain prot up??? Cuz buff block would prevent him for getting buffs and prot up is a buff xD (cant check it miself, just finished all my arena atemps as well as GW xD)
  • Sarcodino wrote: »
    Sith trooper didnt get protection under DN, he got "Protection up" wich is a buff...
    Since DN lead allow u to get buffs without any problem sith trooper should still gain prot up like before...
    I didnt checked it myself, but if sith trooper does not gain prot up with DN lead its not WAI...
    Are u sure guys Trooper wasnt buff blocked when he doesnt gain prot up??? Cuz buff block would prevent him for getting buffs and prot up is a buff xD (cant check it miself, just finished all my arena atemps as well as GW xD)

confirmed, he can't gain prot up
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    Sith trooper didnt get protection under DN, he got "Protection up" wich is a buff...

confirmed, he can't gain prot up

If that is the case let's get this highlighted to the people who can fix it.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>

This topic has been posted <<Here>>.

This issue needs a dev to weigh in as to whether or not it wa s a fix to the old mechanics or a bug introduced.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Seems we have an answer.

ayijkksoo6t1.png
  • Kyno wrote: »

Sith trooper gained protection UP, not recover protection. This can happen under any lead unless buff immunity or health immunity is present. You can take zeb or kannan under a darth nihilus led sith team and use their special protection up abilities, the sith will gain protection up no problem. As far as I know, its WAI, so if this has changed, its either a unnecessary nerf or a bug.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Sith trooper gained protection UP, not recover protection. This can happen under any lead unless buff immunity or health immunity is present. You can take zeb or kannan under a darth nihilus led sith team and use their special protection up abilities, the sith will gain protection up no problem. As far as I know, its WAI, so if this has changed, i