Their kits are super verbose and seem very clunky to me, I haven't found a way to play them nicely. They have a lot of cross-references between them, but no clear synergy.
Ghost seems to do well when lots of enemies are target locked (but then, who doesn't?), but doesn't help actually applying any. It also wants allies to be stealthed, and actually helps making it happen.
Phantom II has a weak ability that inflicts 1.5 target locks (but no damage), and protects the Ghost (taunts, buffs, prevents target lock).
Soooo... where's the synergy, how to play them?
Capital Ship: Ackbar?
Others: Rebel ships
Position: front line
Ideal attack sequence (the "I love it when a plan come together" one)
1. [Phantom]: Maximum Impact, all allies might gain cc up, meh
2. [Ghost]: Static Jammer: Ghost + another (e.g. Wedge) are stealth, nice triple assist attack
3. [Phantom]: Sights locked: apply 1.5 target locks, meh
4. [Ghost]: Take Em Down: Expose all TL enemies, gain some TM
5. [Ghost]: Attack All Angles: AoE with 2x30% bonus damage due to stealthed allies. If this really happens right after the previous one (exposed), it can be a nice combo.
In this plan, the only tiny bit of synergy there is, is that Phantom applies some TL before Ghost exploits it. But realistically, by then, FOTP has already smashed at least 2 of your ships into cosmic dust...
Did I miss anything? Is there another ship that nicely glues this together? It's sad because one "immune to TL" together with "auto-taunt" would have been awesome, if only it was the same ship!
☮ Consular ☮ -