Are people pretending to not see a real problem in the PVP arena?

Prev13
People have found a way to exploit poor design, and rule the arena with garbage squads. How can the arena be competitive when you can have 50 people from the same guild into a single arena shard. In my shard, there are 9 people in top 20 from the same guild. So, basically they protect each other, and rule the arena for months. You can fight, but you can't win, so what is the point?

Replies

• Can't beat them, join them.
  • The real power of leading SWGOH guilds lies in poor game design. The funny part is that people are looking for "META", hahaha, which is just ridiculous, when the real "META" is to exploit the poor design of the PVP system.
  • It's clearly matchmaking, and it's legal here pfff
  • There is nothing really that can be done, even if people are not in the same guild they can get together and "rule the arena"
  • It is exclusively EA fault, and there is nothing that can be done about it. EA will only react in case of reduced revenue.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    How do you stay in the top of arena when your team sucks though? You can co-operate all you want, but you're gonna drop like a brick on defence.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Personally? I dont pretend not to see a probelm. I dont see a probelm. I really dont.
  • EliteEngineer999
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @leef You clearly don't understand the concept, or you haven't seen it on action.

@swgohfan29 Your shard may or may not be affected by this. Either way, it is just a matter of time till you will feel it on your skin.
  • *sits back with popcorn*
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Are we blind? Deploy the garrison! Move!!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef You clearly don't understand the concept, or you haven't seen it on action.
    I haven't seen in it action, that's why i asked. I don't understand how you can stay on top if your team sucks, even if others on that leaderboard are helping.
    It's mostly this part that got me curious:
    People have found a way to exploit poor design, and rule the arena with garbage squads.
    My team is awesome, so i'm not asking because i want to abuse it.
  • I think removing payout time and give us rewards related to ur best rank alomg the day would fix this problem a lot...
    Also the same time it would also make the arena much much fair for ppl who are bussy at their payout times...
  • EliteEngineer999
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    My team is awesome as well, but what can I do when I can't make an action for half an hour before Arena payout. So, their actions are coordinated, they use a discord or whatever, and attack me in such a way that I cannot make a move. There used to be 5 of them, and during that time, I could fight my way into the top 10. Now, there are 9 of them, and I have a hard time to make it to top 20. In a month or so, there will be more of them, and that is the "goodbye" to the arena, or I will be forced to join them.

What do you think threads like "LF Shardmates" are used for?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    That still doesn't explain how an arena leaderboard can be ruled by garbage squads.
    But yea, it sucks when a group of players is locking you out at pay-out. Best advice i can give is for you to join them. It's not perfect, but it's better than constandly being locked out.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    It’s almost like teamwork and cooperation helps you do better in the game. Whooda thunk
  • Unfortunately, that is. The game experience may vary depending on circumstances not directly bound to the game itself. I would rather quit, than join them, because I don't support that kind of behavior. I am just not that type of the man.
  • Sarcodino wrote: »
    I think removing payout time and give us rewards related to ur best rank alomg the day would fix this problem a lot...
    Also the same time it would also make the arena much much fair for ppl who are bussy at their payout times...

I hate the “everyone gets top rewards” model. I want a competitive arena. I agree with getting rid of a payout time, but not with letting everyone just cycle through 1st all day and getting top rewards.
    DatBoi wrote: »
    It’s almost like teamwork and cooperation helps you do better in the game. Whooda thunk

That’s what guilds are for. Arena is a competition. A group deciding they want to work together and split top rewards while deciding who is and isn’t allowed to be a part of it is horrible game design.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

That’s what guilds are for. Arena is a competition. A group deciding they want to work together and split top rewards while deciding who is and isn’t allowed to be a part of it is horrible game design.

you mean that place where you compete with your guildmates for top raid rewards? ;)
  • You're looking at the wrong thing though. It's not an issue with the game. It's an issue with outside communication. If people couldn't communicate outside of the game, the only way this could happen is if the people from the same arena shard were in a guild together. In that case you could blame the game because of how allies are suggested. Otherwise it's a product of outside communication, not from the game itself.
  • phinfan309 wrote: »
    You're looking at the wrong thing though. It's not an issue with the game. It's an issue with outside communication. If people couldn't communicate outside of the game, the only way this could happen is if the people from the same arena shard were in a guild together. In that case you could blame the game because of how allies are suggested. Otherwise it's a product of outside communication, not from the game itself.

The game enables it though, and does absolutely nothing to stop it. That’s like saying the parents who allow a party with underage drinking at their house while they are home aren’t responsible because they didn’t buy the beer.
  • leef wrote: »

you mean that place where you compete with your guildmates for top raid rewards? ;)

Lol, that’s a separate issue with raids being outdated. I was speaking more about TB and TW where guilds work together.
  • phinfan309 wrote: »
    You're looking at the wrong thing though. It's not an issue with the game. It's an issue with outside communication. If people couldn't communicate outside of the game, the only way this could happen is if the people from the same arena shard were in a guild together. In that case you could blame the game because of how allies are suggested. Otherwise it's a product of outside communication, not from the game itself.

The game enables it though, and does absolutely nothing to stop it. That’s like saying the parents who allow a party with underage drinking at their house while they are home aren’t responsible because they didn’t buy the beer.

I couldn't agree more. I myself would make a thread "LF shardmates", and name every single person from that enclave, to just state that I will be hunting them down. I would also call all people from my shard to only fight against them. Being locked, for 30 minutes isn't funny. The "big YT game-changers" will never address this, of course, why would they, when they are part of it themselves.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    phinfan309 wrote: »

I couldn't agree more. I myself would make a thread "LF shardmates", and name every single person from that enclave, to just state that I will be hunting them down. I would also call all people from my shard to only fight against them. Being locked, for 30 minutes isn't funny. The "big YT game-changers" will never address this, of course, why would they, when they are part of it themselves.

who is stopping you? I'm sure others on your leaderbaord are having the same issue with that group of players. You could give them a taste of their own medicine.
    It does sort of make you just as bad as them, but not really.
  • Well the Arena shard I am in has 10 players in my po and they organize on attacking before p.o.
    If am am rank1 30 minutes before p.o. I will be attacked non-stop and not be able to attack even if I spend all my time the last 30 minutes resfreshing and hitting enter.

If I can I'll post a video (not sure if I can record that much on my phone but I will try)

All players in the shard chat coordinate on keeping out of top 20. This specific shard chat has 28+ members.

This is organized to a degree that makes the game rather lame. What is the purpose of an arena if it serves to simply give the same crystal mafia a high crystal reward so they can retain a favorable position and not spend too much money in the game.

Make it equal for all. rotate/shuffle shards every 3 months.
  • Fik
    41 posts Member
    How would you rotate/shuffle shards? Arena shards are made up of players that entered arena at about the same time. That's a pretty easy and fair system. If you start shuffling shards randomly you give some players big advantage over others based on when they started playing..

You cant really start making arena shards based on player's gp or roster either - you would end up putting all top players/spenders against each other... that would negate any reason to spend on the game or the sense of pride and accomplishment from getting to the top..
  • I guess if I had this problem I'd be annoyed as well. Thankfully I don't, unlucky.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Actionhunk wrote: »
    Well the Arena shard I am in has 10 players in my po and they organize on attacking before p.o.
    If am am rank1 30 minutes before p.o. I will be attacked non-stop and not be able to attack even if I spend all my time the last 30 minutes resfreshing and hitting enter.

If I can I'll post a video (not sure if I can record that much on my phone but I will try)

All players in the shard chat coordinate on keeping out of top 20. This specific shard chat has 28+ members.

This is organized to a degree that makes the game rather lame. What is the purpose of an arena if it serves to simply give the same crystal mafia a high crystal reward so they can retain a favorable position and not spend too much money in the game.

Make it equal for all. rotate/shuffle shards every 3 months.

The dev team has stated from a technical standpoint they cannot shuffle shards.
  • EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    First off all, there is no PVP in this game. If you want to pvp dont play this game.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    That still doesn't explain how an arena leaderboard can be ruled by garbage squads.
    But yea, it sucks when a group of players is locking you out at pay-out. Best advice i can give is for you to join them. It's not perfect, but it's better than constandly being locked out.

It would be extremely hard to stay at the top if you have a garbage squad even with a huge help from guild mates. I personally ran into this awhile back they didn't have garbage squads but weren't elite either. The lesser of the group couldn't beat the top of the groups squads though. They would move up as a group and then the top squads would put in Biggs leads. So the lesser players could pass them once they were all at the top. Then the best ones would fix there squads once they fell to make a wall to protect the lesser squads. The guild fell apart so isn't an issue anyway.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

It would be extremely hard to stay at the top if you have a garbage squad even with a huge help from guild mates. I personally ran into this awhile back they didn't have garbage squads but weren't elite either. The lesser of the group couldn't beat the top of the groups squads though. They would move up as a group and then the top squads would put in Biggs leads. So the lesser players could pass them once they were all at the top. Then the best ones would fix there squads once they fell to make a wall to protect the lesser squads. The guild fell apart so isn't an issue anyway.

call me crazy, but it's that just waaaaaay too much effort to get your groupmates to rank high? I would be amazed if this isn't an extremely rare thing to happen on leaderboards.
    Maybe i'm just being naive though.