Tie Reaper active & enemy Capital ship destroys one of your ships. What happens?

As the title says, if you have the Tie Reaper active & the enemy Capital ship destroys one of your ships, what happens?

Doesn't the enemy Capital ship go to 0% TM, and then the Tie Reaper's effect activates. Can capital ship TM go negative? Will the enemy Capital ship go to -35% TM and then increase like normal from there?

Thanks.

Replies

• Goes to 0% not negative 35%
  • So then the Enemy capital ship avoids the Tie Reaper's Turn Meter Reduction ability in this situation?
    If so that is too bad. Wonder if it qualifies as a bug?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Anrath wrote: »
    So then the Enemy capital ship avoids the Tie Reaper's Turn Meter Reduction ability in this situation?
    If so that is too bad. Wonder if it qualifies as a bug?

It's the same as using a TMR ability on a character that has 0% TM at that moment. Nothing happens because there's no TM to remove.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Makes sense I guess, thanks.
    But that means the enemy capital ship will never suffer the consequences of destroying one of my ships while I have Tie Reaper active. This greatly advantages capital ships with powerful AoEs (i am thinking of you, Thrawn) .
    Maybe this is an unintended side-effect, something overlooked by the Devs?
  • No, this applies to anyone/ship with TM manipulation, you can't go under 0% or above 100%.
  • Oh I see. So any ship that strikes a killing blow will avoid the Tie Reapers TMR because they don't allow negative TM. Huh. Okay, now I think I understand, though I don't agree that is how it should be. If I was a Dev I would have made the Tie Reaper slow all ships down, including the one that deals a killing blow on another ship.
    Oh well... I guess I can only wish for an update :)
  • 35% off Cap ship TM per any ship death is already insanely good, and boarders on OP not too weak.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Tweak it to 30% and make it affect all ships even the death dealer? :grin:
    I just wanted consistency. But yeah that ship is really strong.
  • Or add a speed down if at 0 TM.
  • It is consistent with every other TM reduction in the game. 30% AoE reduction would be insane, keep in mind it's any ship on either team dying.

If it makes you feel better, pretend all instances of TM reduction have the implied words of "up to" before the number.
  • Feeling better already.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Anrath wrote: »
    Feeling better already.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Can't seem to post for some reason
    Edit: Oh nevermind