MIlitary Might Tier 2

I' ve done tier 1 with my phoenixes and i cant do tier 2 with same team,all 7 starts G8 so i was wondering what is recommended G lvl or it is doable like this but I am doing something wrong

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Use AA lead with rebels. Or luke if you have him as your lead.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    It is stated to be more difficult.

With the event being open to all toons, it's kinda hard to give a recommended lvl.

Moved to strategy section.
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    It is stated to be more difficult.

With the event being open to all toons, it's kinda hard to give a recommended lvl.

Moved to strategy section.

Military might is restricted to rebels and clones. Do you have a swgoh.gg account OP so we can have a look?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    This is an event that to me is all about rng. The 8th wave is a simple battle if you are on the right side of rng and a hard battle if you are on the wrong side.

The important thing is to get a taunt up as much as possible. If you succeed and Kanan and chopper spend the battle being stunned it's an easy battle. Just use hera to expose Palpatine and zeb to stagger and delay him taking turns.
  • Chopper can be made fast really easy. Make sure he gets taunt up. Also Chirrut's tenacity up makes it so you will almost never gwt stunned if you have him. Kill the guards first. Might be worth taking out Kanan and using both ezra and Sabine for extra offense.

I used leia the last few times and if modded properly at g9 she can put out about 36k damage with a triple tap that eats the guards for lunch. I havent used him here but STH might be perfect for this if you can get his taunt off.
  • Battle 8 use that special retribution button so you counter then taunt and you help to take care of the guards. As stated, stagger and stun Palp to keep him from going and just wait it out.. you'll eventually wear them down.

That said, I've never tackled it with Phoenix
  • I couldn't manage the last time Military Might was around, but I got it the first time this time around (then again I didn't have the patience to try it more than three or four times last time). The key was really getting taunt up quickly--essentially sacrificing Kanan and/or Chopper to the guards--and keeping Palpatine stunned/staggered to prevent him from OHKOing one of your guys. I got lucky this time, Kanan took his turn first--despite being the slowest on the team, dude barely has 100 speed--so I got taunt up and was able to keep it up while the rest of the team stunned Palpatine, cleansed taunt off the guards (or simply waited for the auto-taunt to end; got lucky and Palpatine wasn't able to heal before I had access to him again) and took him out. Once Emperor was dead I just set the fight to auto and came back a few minutes later to collect my winnings.

I'm also using a G8 Nix team, the only real changes I've done to the team since the last time the event was around was adjusting mods and getting their uniques omega'd.
  • What the others said. The key is to be able to focus down palp as best as you can, and keep him stun locked/turn locked/otherwise unable to act, because he’s guaranteed to OHKO someone every time he moves. The guards do hardly any damage, but they seem to stick stun often. If you can, go into the last phase with a taunt ready to go, to draw all the guards’ attacks. That way you can wail on Palp as much as possible.

Also, G8 probably is too low, the event is really designed for well modded G9/10+ toons. I’ve beaten tier 2 with Phoenix, but it’s highly RNG dependent. I had G11 Ezra, G9 Kanan/Hera, G8 Zeb/Chopper.
  • oh yeah phoenix really is bad in this event. ive been there